How to modify the day planner in Dating Sim Engine(DSE)

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
yannie203
itch: python

How to modify the day planner in Dating Sim Engine(DSE)

#1 Post by yannie203 »

I am a beginner of making game and I know nothing about coding and python.

I tried to make a game using the dating sim engine, but instead of planning all the activity in a day at one time, I want the player to choose an activity, then run the event and add hours and minutes to the in-game time. And then the player chooses another activity, and then another event occurs. That means, there is no morning, afternoon, evening periods. I think there is only one period now. I import datetime, and am able to set event and schedule that show on specific day or time. But have no idea how to modify the day planner...

Now the day planner has the stat display at the top, and the schedule at the middle, which shows 3 periods and the corresponding choices.

What I want is, instead of having 3 columns showing morning afternoon, evening, I want 3 columns (or more) showing locations like school, street, home, etc., and below the locations there are corresponding activities like studying and having lunch (at school), shopping and part-time job (at street), sleep and revision (at home). Then the player can only choose one activity (as there is only 1 period now).

As I still want to use the schedule.rpy to set the activities, I think I need to modify the day-planner.rpy...But, actually, I simply don't understand the codes there... It is just toooooooooo difficult for me......

Can anyone please help me to do this? Or tell me how the codes can make the day planner......

Sorry for my poor english...

Thank you!