[Help] When run the built file for PC, appears "windows protected your PC”

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
yoyuchi
Regular

[Help] When run the built file for PC, appears "windows protected your PC”

#1 Post by yoyuchi »

Hello, Everyone

I made a game with Renpy and built it for window.
The development environment is Renpi 7.4.1.1-sdk, Windows 7.

However, when the build is over and the game executable in the -dist folder is run in Windows 10, the "windows protected your PC” screen appears.

Blocked on the Windows Defender's smart screen.

Of course, it's an executable file without any problems, but there are Win10 with warnings, and there are cases where there are no warnings on other PC's Win10.

I looked for a solution, but most of them had "how to turn off the Windows Defender".

It aiming to commercialize it, so these warnings should not appear when running ".exe" file in the "-dist" folder on any PC, so please let us know if you have any similar experiences.

First of all, the reason I thought of is

1. Is it because the development environment is Win7 and it is the result of made from Win7? If so, will it be solved if we re-build it in a Win10 environment?

2. The scripts that were originally working on 6.99 version were moved to the 7.4.1.1 Renpy version, and after that, we worked with script modification and file replacement, but is this a problem? Version conflict?

3. If it's a simple 7.4.1.1 version's problem, should we move it to another version of Renpy and re-build it?

4. First of all, it was made for debug, so should I enter the publisher or company name somewhere? This program execution file is a warning that it could be dangerous, so shouldn't we solve that part?​

I'm trying to guess this and that, but I don't know the cause, so I don't know how to solve it.​

Please let me know if you have any information.
Thank you in advance.