Apk name for different projects bug

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
CatNip23

Apk name for different projects bug

#1 Post by CatNip23 »

Hello, I'm having a problem for a long time, and I'm not sure how to fix it. I also don't know if anyone else is having the same problem since I can't find anything like that when searching.

When I make the Android ports for different projects, the name always come out wrong.

For example, I make "Game 1", when installing the apk, it says that will install "Game 1". So far so good.
Then I go and work on "Game 2". When installing the apk, it says that will install "Game 1". That is not good.

I'm not sure what is causing it, but the only solution was to delete the "Rapt" folder, and I tracked it down the the "Prototype" folder, on:

renpy-7.4.11-sdk\rapt\prototype

It has happened on different computers and previous versions of renpy as well. Any help is appreciated.

plastiekk
Regular

Re: Apk name for different projects bug

#2 Post by plastiekk »

Just a guess, did you forget to change the name in options.rpy before building game2?
Why on earth did I put the bread in the fridge?

CatNip23

#3 Post by CatNip23 »

plastiekk wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:43 am Just a guess, did you forget to change the name in options.rpy before building game2?
No, but it shouldn't be a problem since by default Renpy makes the buid name the project name, but I always change it to add the version, so I for sure am not leaving the default as well

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#4 Post by Imperf3kt »

CatNip23 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:54 pm
plastiekk wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:43 am Just a guess, did you forget to change the name in options.rpy before building game2?
No, but it shouldn't be a problem since by default Renpy makes the buid name the project name, but I always change it to add the version, so I for sure am not leaving the default as well
It does for PC builds but not Android builds, you need to set that in config before building
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

CatNip23

#5 Post by CatNip23 »

Imperf3kt wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:39 pm
CatNip23 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:54 pm
It does for PC builds but not Android builds, you need to set that in config before building
Yeah, I always configure on android as well and it still happens

CatNip23

#6 Post by CatNip23 »

Just a heads up if anyone is also having this problem. I couldn't fix it, instead I just use an app editor program and change the install name there