Error with Java when trying to compile an android version

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Ceilyan

Error with Java when trying to compile an android version

#1 Post by Ceilyan »

Hello,

I'm encountering a problem that I can't seem to be able to solve. I tried to look on Internet and managed to fix the fact that Renpy could not detect Java (with adding specific variables in the advanced settings of Windows), but now I get this error everytimes when I tried to build the Android version :

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/android.rpy", line 507, in <module>
File "game/mobilebuild.rpy", line 214, in call
File "game/mobilebuild.rpy", line 238, in check_process
CalledProcessError: Command '['java.exe', '-classpath', 'C:\\Users\\andre\\Downloads\\renpy-8.0.3-sdk\\rapt\\buildlib', 'CheckJDK8']' returned non-zero exit status 1.

Any ideas how to get rid of this error? I tried everything, but my knowledge is limited and I'm stuck here :( I tried a few solutions that I found on the forum, but nothing works.

Thanks a lot!

(If the full traceback is needed, I can provide it)