[Solved] Hide quick menu in android version

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
wesleygm58

[Solved] Hide quick menu in android version

#1 Post by wesleygm58 »

Hi everyone, I'm having a doubt and I bet it's something so simple, but I don't find any clues in the documentation or in another topic.

To hind quick menu, textbox and choices in desktop version we can click "H" on the keyboard or we can put a "Hide" button in the "screens.rpy" inside the "quick_menu():" with "textbutton _("Hide") action HideInterface()" command

The question is... How I can create a "Hide" button on the android version?

It's pretty simple in the desktop version, I bet it's easy in the Android version too right?
Last edited by wesleygm58 on Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Weeks studying do to simple things. That's why I love/hate content creation :lol: :lol: :lol:

_ticlock_
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Hide quick menu in android version

#2 Post by _ticlock_ »

wesleygm58 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:03 pm The question is... How I can create a "Hide" button on the android version?
Check Screen Variants in the Ren'Py doc.

You can do it the same way, go to the screens.rpy and change quick_menu for touch (It should be at the end of screens.rpy)

Code: Select all

screen quick_menu():
    variant "touch"

wesleygm58

Re: Hide quick menu in android version

#3 Post by wesleygm58 »

_ticlock_ wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:19 pm
wesleygm58 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:03 pm The question is... How I can create a "Hide" button on the android version?
Check Screen Variants in the Ren'Py doc.

You can do it the same way, go to the screens.rpy and change quick_menu for touch (It should be at the end of screens.rpy)

Code: Select all

screen quick_menu():
    variant "touch"

Thanks for answering ticlock. Using (variant "touch") don't worked for some reason, but using (variant "small") and (variant "phone") works nicely.
Weeks studying do to simple things. That's why I love/hate content creation :lol: :lol: :lol: