Hover don't work on screen in while instruction.

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Mirrodin
Regular

Hover don't work on screen in while instruction.

#1 Post by Mirrodin »

Hi guys,

I have a strange bug since I updated new renpy version.

A lot of my screen work well but not my fight screen,
In this screen the hover on my imagebutton just appear a micro second and after the idle picture take the place but my mouse is still on the button.
All my screen is coded the same way so I don't understand why. The only difference (I guess) is the fight screen is showed when renpy is on a "while" instruction waiting for a variable to be added.

It's a new bug, I don't have this bug on older version (2 years ago).

Have you some clue to resolve the problem ?

Sorry for my bad english.

an example of a disfonctionnal button in the fight screen :
imagebutton idle "interface/strategicum1_active.png" hover "interface/strategicum1_active_hover.png" action SetVariable("strategicum1_debloque", False) xpos 1200 ypos 150

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: Hover don't work on screen in while instruction.

#2 Post by PyTom »

Take a good look at what's modal, and what's not. That's changed quite a bit.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Mirrodin
Regular

Re: Hover don't work on screen in while instruction.

#3 Post by Mirrodin »

PyTom wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:38 pm Take a good look at what's modal, and what's not. That's changed quite a bit.
I'm not sure to understand, have you perhaps link to documentation ? is it the while clause ?

Edit : Ok, I see in the doc the modal stuff, but with a zorder 1 modal True or False on my problematic screen, it didn't change anything, the hover on my imagebutton appear just a microsecond.

Edit2 : @pythom, I have my rpg.rpy who wait a click on my imagebutton in my screen

Code: Select all

#Il selectionne son attaque et sa cible - select action and target
                        while attaque_selectionne == 0 or selectionattaque == 0 or cible_index == 100:
                            "{nw}"
Problem, when modal True, the imagebutton show well (hover is ok) but no advance on the code wich wait, my attack don't proc. All is fine without modal True