"Slicing" images

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Doeny
Regular

"Slicing" images

#1 Post by Doeny »

Hi, I'd like to ask if there's a way top create some mini-game like Fruit Ninja using renpy. Basically to write a code that detects if you're holding a mousebutton and sweeping throught an image?

_ticlock_
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: "Slicing" images

#2 Post by _ticlock_ »

Doeny wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:00 am Hi, I'd like to ask if there's a way top create some mini-game like Fruit Ninja using renpy. Basically to write a code that detects if you're holding a mousebutton and sweeping throught an image?
It is possible. You can do that using CDD. You can use pygame events to detect mouse position and if it's pressed. You need logic to figure out the slice line, how to move displayable, and how to slice them(it could be quite hard though). I don't see potential problems for PC, but I am not so sure about touch-based devices.

Doeny
Regular

Re: "Slicing" images

#3 Post by Doeny »

_ticlock_ wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:50 am
Doeny wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:00 am Hi, I'd like to ask if there's a way top create some mini-game like Fruit Ninja using renpy. Basically to write a code that detects if you're holding a mousebutton and sweeping throught an image?
It is possible. You can do that using CDD. You can use pygame events to detect mouse position and if it's pressed. You need logic to figure out the slice line, how to move displayable, and how to slice them(it could be quite hard though). I don't see potential problems for PC, but I am not so sure about touch-based devices.
I'll check it out, thanks!