Variable prefix for setting debug screen text properties?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Kaji
Regular
Github: Kaji01
Discord: Kaji#7767

Variable prefix for setting debug screen text properties?

#1 Post by Kaji »

I'm working on a Japanese translation of my app, and while I've worked out how to set all of the styles I need for the text the player should see while playing the game, whenever I get an error I'm confronted with nothing but boxes. Anyone know which gui variable to set to assign a font to it?

Kaji
Regular
Github: Kaji01
Discord: Kaji#7767

Re: Variable prefix for setting debug screen text properties?

#2 Post by Kaji »

On a related note, the documentation appears to be out-of-date regarding some of this...
  • translate_font() is coming up as undefined
  • Seeming global font default settings like gui.LIGHT_FONT and gui.REGULAR_FONT aren't working
I've tried dropping in the blocks from the documentation and updating to reflect the desired language and fonts; I'm just getting errors or ignored settings.

Ocelot
Lemma-Class Veteran
Github: MiiNiPaa
Discord: MiiNiPaa#4384

Re: Variable prefix for setting debug screen text properties?

#3 Post by Ocelot »

Those are for translating launcher itself, not for use in normal projects.
< < insert Rick Cook quote here > >