What is the "at_list" for renpy.show() ?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
xiruo
itch: no-xiruo

What is the "at_list" for renpy.show() ?

#1 Post by xiruo »

I couldn't find many examples of this, but I want to show an image with a function that is initialized in the python init block but its not really working out.

I saw on the documentation that there is a "at_list" argument that takes a list of transforms? But I'm not sure what that looks like.

Here's the function:

Code: Select all

def choice_down():
        quick_menu = False

renpy.show("gui/phone.png", at_list=[])
        renpy.pause(0.5)

quick_menu = True
        qm_pos_default = True
Obviously at_list isn't supposed to be empty, I just don't know what goes in it.

Also when calling the function in game, without the at_list[] argument, the image doesn't appear at all?

Thank you :>
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ᕕ( ᐕ )ᕗ

Kaji
Regular
Github: Kaji01
Discord: Kaji#7767

Re: What is the "at_list" for renpy.show() ?

#2 Post by Kaji »

This is purely speculation on my part, but I suspect that the at_list is essentially the same kinds of things you would put in the at clause in a script file—such as ['right'], ['left'], or ['right', 'my_custom_behavior'] if you wanted to send several over.