Imagemap Placement [question resolved]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
number473
Regular
Projects: The Duke's Daughter

Imagemap Placement [question resolved]

#1 Post by number473 »

Is there an easy way to place an imagemap somewhere on the screen, I mean one that isn't the full screen size? In specific, I'm working on the main menu, if that makes a difference.

edit: managed to get it where I wanted by setting the xpos, ypos in pixels. The imagemap displayable is still full screen size, but I'm not sure how to fix that. Tried setting xfill = False and yfill = False, but no influence.
Last edited by number473 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mental weather report: Cloudy with a possibility of brain storms.

Asphodel
Regular

Re: Imagemap Placement

#2 Post by Asphodel »

I don't know if the main menu is a special case (though my gut instinct is that you don't want an imagemap, because there are separate tools for customizing the interactive parts of the main menu), but I've had some luck with full-screen-sized imagemaps that are transparent in the areas where I don't want the imagemap to be. You might try playing around with that.

number473
Regular

#3 Post by number473 »

There is a specific layout that allows you to use an image map for the main menu, which is what I'm using. But I was specifically wondering if there was a way to get around using an image that is mostly transparent, if only for reasons of efficiency. (I do realize that the file size difference will be minimal anyway, but it's the principal of the thing!)

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

#4 Post by JQuartz »

number473 wrote:Is there an easy way to place an imagemap somewhere on the screen, I mean one that isn't the full screen size?
If it isn't full size then placing each of the ui.imagebutton individually in front of an ui.image, something like the code in this post:http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... map#p84986
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

number473
Regular

#5 Post by number473 »

It seems that it is just much easier to have the imagemap be full screen and use transparency. Alright guess that answers that there isn a more elegant solution.