Question about Music Room

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

Question about Music Room

#1 Post by Alex »

Hi, folks!
I tried recipe for "Music room" from cookbook and met some problems - I`m unable to make it works correct for me. If someone could explain me what`s wrong...

Well, I have main menu made of textbuttons and one of them leads to "Music room" and I pasted the code for it from cookbook.
Problem #1:
If I use
$ ui.textbutton ("Music", clicked=ui.jumpsoutofcontext("music_room")
in main menu, it works and shows me music room, and in music room buttons change their names, but no music playing at all...((

Problem #2:
If I use
$ ui.textbutton ("Music", clicked=_intra_jumps("music_room", "main_game_transition")
in main menu, it also works and shows me music room, and in music room buttons change their names, and music is playing, but
- right-clicking throws me back to main menu (despite <$ _game_menu_screen = None>)
- return-button throws me to label "start" (I had to change last line of code <return> ===> to <jump _return> to fix it)

So, please help!
Thanks in advance...))

Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Question about Music Room

#2 Post by Alex »

Hi, again!
Still didn`t fix my music room...(
In original code, the button for music room is added to classic main menu

Code: Select all

$ config.main_menu.insert(3, ("Music Room", "music_room", "True"))
But I want to make my own main menu of textbuttons, so I wonder, what function (or command - don`t know how to say it in a proper way) should I use to jump to the music room?
I mean, what function is used in a code above - ui.jumps or something else?
Could someone explain me or send a link to read?