How to use Framework?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Darkspineshadow2

How to use Framework?

#1 Post by Darkspineshadow2 »

I looked through the pages for the DSE and Frameworks but either I didn't understand it, missed it, or they didn't explain it well enough. I'm wondering how to use the engine on the game I am working on. If you can explain it, that would be great.

Jake
Support Hero

Re: How to use Framework?

#2 Post by Jake »

Darkspineshadow2 wrote:I looked through the pages for the DSE and Frameworks but either I didn't understand it, missed it, or they didn't explain it well enough. I'm wondering how to use the engine on the game I am working on. If you can explain it, that would be great.
Did you download the DSE and look at the demo? I seem to recall that being much more useful than the documentation to my understanding.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Darkspineshadow2

#3 Post by Darkspineshadow2 »

I put the file in the renpy folder. (I didn't think it had a demo.) When I launched it, the game was a premade datesim. Was that the demo you were referring to?

Aashtarsrain
Regular
Projects: Speed Dater Evolution, The Magistrate

#4 Post by Aashtarsrain »

The premade datesim is the demo. You can of course "Launch" the game and see how it works but if you choose "Edit script", you can see the code and start modifying everything (story, characters, variables, import sprites and backgrounds...) step by step to learn how to use it and test it. :wink:

Darkspineshadow2

#5 Post by Darkspineshadow2 »

Thank you for the help.