How would I go about and do this? [DSE]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Boniae
Regular
Completed: I want 2 be single and Forget-Me-Not
Projects: Cry Girlhood, Dakota Wanderers, Sagebrush
Organization: Rosewater Games
Tumblr: boniae

How would I go about and do this? [DSE]

#1 Post by Boniae »

I'm working in the DSE since I believe it will be easier for me to design my game. There's just this one thing I've been wanting to change; the day planner.

I guess I'll go straight to the point; instead of the dayplanner, I'd like to change it so that you can pick the things you want to do as you go throughout the day. I was imagining that I'd make an imagemap and you can click the places on the map that you'd like to go to. Maybe you have a maximum of 10 "places" to go to per day and then it's time to go to sleep.

So my question is, how would I do this..? Would it be hard to program? Is it possible...?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!! :D

ninjagrass
Regular
Projects: To Love Ru Trial Trouble, Bleach Battle Ignition, A new secret project...

Re: How would I go about and do this? [DSE]

#2 Post by ninjagrass »

Just use regular menus, it is much easier and has a similar effect unless you want to design your own image map etc (which takes longer).