Still not done (help please).

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
liude

Still not done (help please).

#1 Post by liude »

Im gonna ask for a little bit more help in the updater topic.

When trying the improbable for debugging purposes, i closed the window during update check, just after control was returned to me after it requested the website. It closed with an error message and a log file in the renpy default folder, no traceback from jedit but some lines on that log. Here is the full error log. Im not sure what caused it, i think its leftover data from the requested url, but here is the log. I have replaced the file location with *, leaving only the path displayed inside the renpy folder.

Code: Select all

*\renpy\python.py:74: RuntimeWarning: use sndarray: no module named numpy or Numeric found
*\renpy\python.py:74: RuntimeWarning: use movie: No module named movie
*\renpy\python.py:74: RuntimeWarning: use scrap: No module named scrap
*\renpy\python.py:74: RuntimeWarning: use mixer: No module named mixer
*\renpy\python.py:74: RuntimeWarning: use surfarray: No module named surfarray
*\renpy\python.py:74: RuntimeWarning: use numpyarray: No module named numpyarray
*\renpy\python.py:74: RuntimeWarning: use font: No module named font
Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "threading.pyo", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
  File "threading.pyo", line 484, in run
  File "*\renpy\loadsave.py", line 326, in autosave_thread
  File "*\renpy\loadsave.py", line 158, in save
  File "*\renpy\loadsave.py", line 47, in dump
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'module'>: attribute lookup __builtin__.module failed

If anyone could help me clear this up...