Merging Games

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
dm251

Merging Games

#1 Post by dm251 »

I've been thinking lately...
Is it even possible for Ren'Py to work with RPG maker?
Like merging these two "maker" together? o,o

I dunno if its even possible but it'd be great if I can get an answer :D

Jake
Support Hero

Re: Merging Games

#2 Post by Jake »

dm251 wrote:I've been thinking lately...
Is it even possible for Ren'Py to work with RPG maker?
Like merging these two "maker" together? o,o
Generally speaking, the answer to questions like this is 'no'; each game will have its own way of dealing with input, drawing graphics and so on, and no provisions to work with other systems - it's like trying to merge your VW Golf with your neighbour's Honda Civic: technically not totally impossible, but so much work you're probably better off starting from scratch on a new car. Or game engine, or whatever.

On the other hand, in this particular case, this guy is working on a more close integration between RPG Maker and Ren'Py. He's not posted for a while, so I don't know how far he's got, though.

And if all you're after is some more-RPG-like features for Ren'Py games, Chronoluminaire has written a tile-based engine for Ren'Py, and I'm working on an engine for RPG battles... and several others have written battle systems in individual games.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

dm251

Re: Merging Games

#3 Post by dm251 »

Oh. I see, I thought it would be possible.
Too bad.
Anyways, Thanks for telling me. :D
I' never found the Tile-based engine, so its news to me...
Also, Good luck on your Engine