Quit button problem, help!!

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Sanddman

Quit button problem, help!!

#1 Post by Sanddman »

In the game that I am making I kept on receiving the same annoying problem whenever I clicked on the exit button and then choose no. If I am at the main menu my game will exit directly, and if I am somewhere else and try to click on the exit button again, the game exits without prompt. I received this error msg every time

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

KeyError: 'mm'

While running game code:
- script at line 784 of renpy-6.11.2/common/00library.rpy
- python at line 788 of renpy-6.11.2/common/00library.rpy.
- script at line 23 of renpy-6.11.2/common/_layout/classic_main_menu.rpym

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "C:\Users\Shawn\Downloads\renpy-6.11.2\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 270, in bootstrap
File "C:\Users\Shawn\Downloads\renpy-6.11.2\renpy\main.py", line 310, in main
File "C:\Users\Shawn\Downloads\renpy-6.11.2\renpy\main.py", line 93, in run
File "C:\Users\Shawn\Downloads\renpy-6.11.2\renpy\execution.py", line 259, in run
File "C:\Users\Shawn\Downloads\renpy-6.11.2\renpy\ast.py", line 574, in execute
File "C:\Users\Shawn\Downloads\renpy-6.11.2\renpy\python.py", line 957, in py_exec_bytecode
File "renpy-6.11.2/common/00library.rpy", line 788, in <module>
File "C:\Users\Shawn\Downloads\renpy-6.11.2\renpy\game.py", line 297, in call_in_new_context
File "C:\Users\Shawn\Downloads\renpy-6.11.2\renpy\execution.py", line 259, in run
File "C:\Users\Shawn\Downloads\renpy-6.11.2\renpy\ast.py", line 574, in execute
File "C:\Users\Shawn\Downloads\renpy-6.11.2\renpy\python.py", line 957, in py_exec_bytecode
File "renpy-6.11.2/common/_layout/classic_main_menu.rpym", line 56, in <module>
File "C:\Users\Shawn\Downloads\renpy-6.11.2\renpy\ui.py", line 216, in interact
File "C:\Users\Shawn\Downloads\renpy-6.11.2\renpy\display\core.py", line 1608, in interact
File "C:\Users\Shawn\Downloads\renpy-6.11.2\renpy\display\core.py", line 1951, in interact_core
File "C:\Users\Shawn\Downloads\renpy-6.11.2\renpy\display\core.py", line 1308, in draw_screen
File "C:\Users\Shawn\Downloads\renpy-6.11.2\renpy\display\render.py", line 353, in render_screen
File "C:\Users\Shawn\Downloads\renpy-6.11.2\renpy\display\render.py", line 141, in render
File "C:\Users\Shawn\Downloads\renpy-6.11.2\renpy\display\layout.py", line 508, in render
File "C:\Users\Shawn\Downloads\renpy-6.11.2\renpy\display\render.py", line 141, in render
File "C:\Users\Shawn\Downloads\renpy-6.11.2\renpy\display\layout.py", line 508, in render
File "C:\Users\Shawn\Downloads\renpy-6.11.2\renpy\display\layout.py", line 791, in render
File "C:\Users\Shawn\Downloads\renpy-6.11.2\renpy\display\layout.py", line 617, in render
File "C:\Users\Shawn\Downloads\renpy-6.11.2\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 463, in render
File "C:\Users\Shawn\Downloads\renpy-6.11.2\renpy\display\layout.py", line 764, in render
KeyError: 'mm'

While running game code:
- script at line 784 of renpy-6.11.2/common/00library.rpy
- python at line 788 of renpy-6.11.2/common/00library.rpy.
- script at line 23 of renpy-6.11.2/common/_layout/classic_main_menu.rpym

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.11.2b

I was afraid that it might have something to do with my coding so I went back to test it on my original game that was supposed to be proven bug free and same thing happened. Tested it on the tutorial game and the same thing happened. Does this happen to anyone else?? Help needed!!

Rocket Science

Re: Quit button problem, help!!

#2 Post by Rocket Science »

I did report this same issue a while ago, but I haven't gotten a response.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#3 Post by PyTom »

If someone can put together a small test program that makes this repeatable, it will help me fix it.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Sanddman

#4 Post by Sanddman »

sure, here is the tutorial game unmodified

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5SDHN9U2

To see the problem try:
1) click on the exit button when you are at the main menu
2) then select no
3) then click the exit button again.

The game exits without prompt every time for me.

In the game I am making the problem is more serious in that it gives me an error message (same as above). But I believe the root of the problem should be the same

Sanddman

#5 Post by Sanddman »

I am using renpy 6.11.2b. The default files that came with renpy were never modified