Hidden Object game? [Solved!]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 14 games released -- and Counting.
Organization: DarkErotica Games
Deviantart: OokamiKasumi

Hidden Object game? [Solved!]

#1 Post by OokamiKasumi »

What I would like to do to is create a story with pages for hunting Hidden Objects. Unfortunately the two games I've created are both simple visual novels, so I have No Clue where to begin looking in the RenPy Wiki for the coding to do this. I don't even know what to look for (or under.)

In detail: I'd like to set a bunch of stationary clickable (button?) objects against a background with a text list to one side. When you click the object, they disappear and the text name on the list changes (is crossed out or changes to gray.) When all the objects are found, move to the next kinetic story scene and then on to the next page of hidden objects.

I don't need it to be as complicated as a drag & drop, merely click > disappear > crossed off list. On completion (after finding all the objects,) go to the next scene.

Where can I find the coding for this? (Does this coding even exist?)

Edit: The answer was Image Mapping. The article I found was this one --> http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... ct#p113702
Last edited by OokamiKasumi on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ookami Kasumi ~ Purveyor of fine Smut.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

"No amount of great animation will save a bad story." -- John Lasseter of Pixar

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Hidden Object game?

#2 Post by LVUER »

I believe this has been discussed several times in the past, you could try to search it in the forum (this LSF forum). You could try use Imagemap or perhaps the new screen function...
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 14 games released -- and Counting.
Organization: DarkErotica Games
Deviantart: OokamiKasumi

Re: Hidden Object game?

#3 Post by OokamiKasumi »

LVUER wrote:I believe this has been discussed several times in the past, you could try to search it in the forum (this LSF forum). You could try use Imagemap or perhaps the new screen function...
I did search the forum first. Unfortunately, as I said before, I had no clue what to look under. Image map, hmm...? Thanks!
Ookami Kasumi ~ Purveyor of fine Smut.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

"No amount of great animation will save a bad story." -- John Lasseter of Pixar