How do you undo the archive (SOLVED)

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
James
Regular
Projects: The Alumnus

How do you undo the archive (SOLVED)

#1 Post by James »

From what I understand by reading other people's post there's suppose to be a archive folder where I can undo the archiving. But I don't see it. My computer must be really messed up because it won't let me do the image location picker either, so how do I undo this? It's kind of annoying because even I can't work on my project right now.

Edited problem solved, thanks again Aleema
Attachments
Library007.png
Library006.png
Library008.jpg
Last edited by James on Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
W.I.P. Script demo available

James
Regular

Re: How do you undo the archive

#2 Post by James »

Bump

Could someone please help me with this? Because it's kind of like being locked out of your own house and I'm kind of itching to work on the project. If it's undo-able could someone show me a way to break into my own game so I can at least get the scripts out?
ImageImage

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#3 Post by Aleema »

Well, it's supposed to be there. It might have gotten placed somewhere else by mistake. I suggest searching your whole computer for a file you know was in the archive and see where it shows up. If it DOESN'T show up, then that's a bug, and you should maybe tell PyTom.

James
Regular

#4 Post by James »

Thanks Aleema got it fixed.

My computer is indeed messed up, so I could find it when I try to search for a specific file. But it just doesn't show it. Probably a issue with Window Vista...

Compare the two pictures lol

Before
Library006.png
After
Library009.jpg
ImageImage

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: How do you undo the archive (SOLVED)

#5 Post by Aleema »

Oh, hey, maybe it's a hidden folder? I don't have your operating system, but I have had XP, ME, etc and by default, it tries to hid the "hidden" folder and other folder settings to keep you from messing up core files. Check your folder options and see if there some sort of option that prevents you from viewing things?

James
Regular

#6 Post by James »

Once again you called it, I'm not a computer wiz so I don't choose any of the settings, it's all on default setting.

When I don't search for the folders it's hidden again
Library010.jpg
I can see that it is somehow set to hidden folder
Library011.jpg
It's working now!
ImageImage

Drain Surgeon

#7 Post by Drain Surgeon »

Even though the issue has been resolved, it can be good to know that you can view hidden files and folder by doing this:

Press "Alt" when viewing a folder, this will make a bar appear (below the search way). From there choose Tools -> Folder Options; choose the "View" tab in the menu that appears and look for "Hidden files and folders" in the list below and simply change it. Done. :)

EDIT: Damn, I should read post more throughly. I didn't at first see it was mentioned!
Last edited by Drain Surgeon on Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Jag har länge stått vid din sida."

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Aleema »

This seems very important for people with your OS to know. What OS do you have? Vista or Win7? I need to add this to the FAQ.

James
Regular

#9 Post by James »

Window Vista, but I sure there are many people who run Renpy on Vista who didn't run into this problem. I might be just the odd ball.
ImageImage

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Aleema »

Don't be so sure! I've seen several people freak out after they archive their files, saying they have to start over, etc etc. It may be a more common problem than you think. :)