Is it recommended to date/marry a fellow otaku or non-otaku?

Contact and connect with fellow fans! (New threads now go in general discussion)
Forum rules
This forum has been closed. New threads now go in general discussion.
Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

Re: Is it recommended to date/marry a fellow otaku or non-otaku?

#16 Post by Der Tor »

Believe me, female Otakus and Hikikomoris are even more f***ed up than male ones.

So unless you have a fetish for potential Yandere-girls, it's better to find a normal girl.

But than again as long as YOU are an Otaku, no normal girl will be interested in you - of course there really are some angel-like girls like Misaki from Welcome to the NHK but they are extremely rare, and it's not like they will come knocking at your door out of the blue while your watching anime (that it happened to me was an exception 8) )

Jake
Support Hero

#17 Post by Jake »

Der Tor wrote:Believe me, female Otakus and Hikikomoris are even more f***ed up than male ones.

So unless you have a fetish for potential Yandere-girls, it's better to find a normal girl.

But than again as long as YOU are an Otaku, no normal girl will be interested in you - of course there really are some angel-like girls like Misaki from Welcome to the NHK but they are extremely rare, and it's not like they will come knocking at your door out of the blue while your watching anime (that it happened to me was an exception 8) )

If you're taking 'otaku' to mean what the Japanese mean by the word, then it already involves being messed-up, of course...

...by the generally-used western meaning of just being interested in anime and manga, though - well, I don't know what happened to you, but I think only one of the girls I know who's interested in anime is any more messed up than the 'normal' women I can think of. And I can certainly think of more than one case where an anime-fan and a non-anime-fan have been together, both ways around.

I'm not about to refuse to talk to a girl 'cause she likes horse-riding and I don't, why is she necessarily going to dislike me 'cause I read comics?
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

rocket
Veteran
Projects: Starlight Ep0, Ep1

#18 Post by rocket »

Princess just can't seem to understand why I spend so much time on "bad cartoons you don't even like", and is never shy about telling me so.

Then again she's the tsundere type so it all works out. (^_-)

Efreet
Regular
Projects: Denial, Guilt [On Hold]

#19 Post by Efreet »

Der Tor wrote:Believe me, female Otakus and Hikikomoris are even more f***ed up than male ones.

But than again as long as YOU are an Otaku, no normal girl will be interested in you
Just to cut down your post a bit..

Hmmm I would imagine so, expect I would imagine female Otakus often liking Yaoi - something that's the opposite with male Otakus who like Yuri.

Personally I like Tsundere-girls, but I would also imagine this would be hard to find in RL.

I also believe that female Otakus wouldn't be too interested in meeting male Otakus - they talked about this on Lucky Star - how guys are always dying for a girl who's interested in the same things whereas the girls aren't interested...

Not sure how much truth there is in that, but I would believe it..

azaroth

#20 Post by azaroth »

Love is the glue that sticks things together.
And just like a roll of sticky tape its hard to find the end.

8)

If a relationship works it works. If it don't well theres usually a reason for that.
And it's not usually because someone really likes anime.
From Jarrod