Ahaha! I am now 18!

Contact and connect with fellow fans! (New threads now go in general discussion)
Forum rules
This forum has been closed. New threads now go in general discussion.
Tom Bombadil
Regular

Ahaha! I am now 18!

#1 Post by Tom Bombadil »

Yes, I can see R movies, buy ciggies and lotto tickets, and get drafted....

BUT THE IMPORTANT THING IS THAT I CAN FINALLY POST HERE. >_> <_<

Um, yeah. I live in VA, but will be going to Wheaton College, IL starting this fall. ^_^ Yup. Friends.....girlfriend....applications for both positions currently open. ;;>_> I'm a hardcore nerd....I'm Christian, and a musician. Um....I like manga, games, anime, RP'ing....the usual stuff. Favorite manga include RuroKen, Azumanga, Gon, Galaxy Angel, Pokemon....anime are Azumanga, Snow Fairy Sugar, G Gundam.....games....gosh. SSBM, Disgaea, Dragon Warrior Monsters, Katamari Damacy....pretty much any needlessly complicated RPG, Strat/RPG, fighter, sim, CCG, or niche game. Especially with anime-style graphics. ^_^ And, of course, ToL and Shoujo Attack. ^_^ I like to read, too. I spend lots of time at GameFAQs and Lords of Legend. Um....I take martial arts...and....I'm homeschooled...and....that's about all that most people would find interesting. ^_^;; Now to fade back into obscurity. ^_^
Meh, I don't feel like coming up with a sig right now....^_^;;

darkknight
Veteran

#2 Post by darkknight »

So 18 welcome to adulthood....ummmm.....pokemon....no comment.
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#3 Post by kara24601 »

Hey , man , there's nothing wrong with Pokemon. It's the stupid american business side or whatever's fault that things like Pokemon get dumbed down either "medium" or "heavy". If you watch the movies you'll see that there's more to the Pokemon world then what you see in the series. Sometimes even in the series there's a glimpse at the more intellectual / feeling side...
Anyone who says it's not about friendship and stuff don't know what they're talking about and neither do the people that think it's only / mostly about friendship / stuff but not merely battling , training monsters , ect.
In the manga , even though I haven't read the entire thing / don't own it or them myself yet , in one panel there's a hentai-related joke. And no , Pikachu's colors do not have anything to do with certain bodily functions! His coloring is that way because he's an electric type ( yellow is often used by people to give the impression of something being electric ) and he's a mouse / nature type ( brown ..alot of animals in nature are Brown ) !
Please , people , do some research before you go putting things like Pokemon down!
:-P :wink:
( Yes , I'm a rabid Pokemon fan even at my age ...sorry for my ranting but I hate it when people seem to put things down when they don't seem to take the time to find anything to like about 'em ...I'm not saying this is the case for anybody here but I felt like ranting anyway )

darkknight
Veteran

#4 Post by darkknight »

Dude....Chill...
-intellectual part...please tell me....
-Hentai-related joke......Now i got odd pictures floating around in my head...
-And why you had to go into the part about Pikachu's colors....I dont really care...I did not make any comments related...
-Research...no thanks...

And I did not write much on the subject because i wanted to avoid this...I dont care about Pokemon...I dont care if you watch it...Heck I dont really care if your room is full of it...I just really...REALLY...dont need a ranting on how good it is.

I respect your choice to watch it, so respect my not to....
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

Tom Bombadil
Regular

#5 Post by Tom Bombadil »

^^; Pokemon introduced me to manga....so I feel a certain sentimental attachment to it, I guess....The artwork is good. ^_^ The games are fun, too. ^_^

darkknight
Veteran

#6 Post by darkknight »

Even when i was younger i never got into it...ahh i dont care....you can watch powerpuff girls if you want...

bookie
Veteran

#7 Post by bookie »

I was obsessed with pokemon for a while there, hehe. And I still love team rocket, and I've been 18 for a while now.

Damn, I've been 18 for a while now. That's so weird.

JackalAndromeda
Regular

#8 Post by JackalAndromeda »

bookie wrote:And I still love team rocket
I love Team Rocket. I used to have a TR website. ^^;;

<-- Nerd.

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#9 Post by kara24601 »

Dude , chill
Did you miss the smilies? Please don't call me dude , I hate that word. Besides , I'm a girl. And I don't like "dudette" either. Just saying. ( yep too busy / lazy to pm this sorry if anybody cares...heh )
And why you had to go into the part about Pikachu's colors....I dont really care...I did not make any comments related...
I know you didn't make any comments about it but some people have really stupid ideas about the colors so I was just ranting in case you had the same ideas.
:lol:
intellectual part...please tell me....
well , most / some are based on real animals...for example Pikachu is a mouse type and Ponyta or whatever are horses , ect. In the Pokemon Sapphire and Ruby games there's actual info on things like how whirlpools are formed or other sea facts like that , in the movies and anime series there's the stuff about friendship and fighting only as a last resort / not forcing animals to fight and stuff like that ( I know ...not a puzzle or whatever but still an intelligent thing to me...fairy tales and aesop's fables have lessons like that ) ....stuff like that...
What's sad though is that , well according to some sources / supposedly , kids interested in pokemon don't know enough about real animals but can name off most pokemon.

I watch Power Puff Girls too. I know you probably don't care but I felt like stating it anyway.
I don't watch Spongebob Squarepants or Ed , Edd , and Eddy though. Now THOSE are stupid cartoons. ( sorry if you're a fan of those *blush* )
If you don't care then why did/do YOU seem so worked up about it? Maybe I'm misunderstanding now myself but you seemed/seem to be unchilled.

But we're getting off topic.
Sorry.
Congrats on surviving to see another year older , best wishs!

darkknight
Veteran

#10 Post by darkknight »

kara24601 wrote:
If you don't care then why did/do YOU seem so worked up about it? Maybe I'm misunderstanding now myself but you seemed/seem to be unchilled.
(Place Pronoun here),

unchilled..is that a word....well

I wrote three words and i get back a 200 word essay about a cartoon.

and what part of that made me (for lack or better words) unchilled

Tom Bombadil
Regular

#11 Post by Tom Bombadil »

Actually, you wrote nine words. >_>

darkknight
Veteran

#12 Post by darkknight »

A) ummm is not a word....
B)I dont think "So 18 welcome to adulthood" got her ranting

so it was only three words i was talking about....

Blackstream
Regular

#13 Post by Blackstream »

I'm sure pokemon is about friendship. I know I'd be friends with someone who kicked my ass then stuffed me into a pokeball except when they needed help or wanted me to fight.
Woot

lina inverse
Regular
Location: im stucked in a big pitt in the Auburn Wilderness :'( for the twentyest time this year!! F*CK!

#14 Post by lina inverse »

pokemon is really bad drawing
red hair
not tall
very cute

money, boys, sex, games, sport and shoping is all

Shii
Regular

#15 Post by Shii »

Tom, can you try writing a post without using any animu smilies? I would like to see how that goes. Thanks.