AnimeNEXT 2006 (Jun 16-18)

Contact and connect with fellow fans! (New threads now go in general discussion)
Forum rules
This forum has been closed. New threads now go in general discussion.
rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

AnimeNEXT 2006 (Jun 16-18)

#1 Post by rioka »

Hey everyone! I'll be at AnimeNEXT next year so if you're going, drop by and say "hi" at my table in the Artist Alley. =)

Not sure what I'll have at the table yet but it'll definitely have something with art, tutorials, and ren'ai games. ^_^

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#2 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

How about promoting ALICE?

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#3 Post by PyTom »

Don't I have to write ALICE first?

Seriously, though, I've been considering going to cons and promoting Ren'Py and renai.us in an Artist's Alley type environment. Not sure when/where I'm going to do it, thoug... I'd want to get a laptop and a way to power it first, so I can demo the games. I'd also probably want someone else there, so that I can leave the setup in place while not at the table.

I'm also considering putting together a Ren'Py tutorial I can give at cons.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

PyTom wrote:Don't I have to write ALICE first?
The con is next year right? That should be enough time to release at least the first version, right?

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#5 Post by rioka »

re ALICE>> That's why I conveniently didn't mention ALICE. =) But anyways, I wouldn't mind promoting ALICE at all. If ALICE is up and running before the con, I'll consider a fun type of flyer with actual paperdolls or maybe an ashcan. I'm leaning torwards an ashcan so I can put in info about all the different things in one instead of individual flyers. ...We'll see. I'm still planning for it.
PyTom wrote:Seriously, though, I've been considering going to cons and promoting Ren'Py and renai.us in an Artist's Alley type environment. Not sure when/where I'm going to do it, thoug... I'd want to get a laptop and a way to power it first, so I can demo the games. I'd also probably want someone else there, so that I can leave the setup in place while not at the table.

I'm also considering putting together a Ren'Py tutorial I can give at cons.
Go for it! If you ask the convention planners, I'm sure they'll work with you on setting up an extension or access to an outlet. They're pretty nice if you ask them about it. You can even ask if you can sit next to a friend's table. I know at Onna! they did that. =)

As for someone sitting at the table... yeah, that is a tough one. There are alternatives though:
Plan A) Find out if anyone you know is going to the con and ask if they can table sit at certain times of the day.
Plan B) Ask if your table can be next to your friends table so they can look after your stuff while you're away.
Plan C) Split a table with a friend, and
Plan D) Suck it up; eat a big breakfast, don't drink a lot, and sit at the table yourself for the whole day and close early if you have to. <.<' Hey, it can work! ^_^; (Rio's current genius plan till she finds someone so she can do one of the above plans...)

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

Reminder....

#6 Post by rioka »

Hi hi! I'd just like to remind everyone that I'll be at AnimeNEXT this coming weekend so please drop by the Artist Alley if you have the chance. Aside from the artwork I mentioned in my Deviant journal, I will also have 2 Amgine Park images, GSK ending photo, and Foxtaile's Ojinko plus another character - Koe in fox form.

Also, I'll try to get a copy of my flyer up at deviantART later... :grin:

EDIT:
Manga Tutorials flyer is up.

EDIT #2:
And now the Ren'ai Games flyer is up! But, if you don't want any spoilers, don't look at the flyer. ^^

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#7 Post by rioka »

Since it seems like none of you were able to come... Here's a little summary of what basically happened this past weekend.

Notable things that happened:
-Somone picked up an image of the GSK ending picture in vellum paper (w00t!)
-Several folks bought the mini-Ojinko print-out I made (not to mention pointing out that there's a game for it), and...
-One lucky person walked away with the nice 8.5x11 vellum version of Ojinko personally signed by me :3

All the flyers (150) I printed out were taken plus several folks were checking out mikey's article, someone asked about ALICE, and a couple asked if I'd attend again next year to see how I'll progress in the games department. All in all, not a bad weekend. ^^

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#8 Post by mikey »

eclipse wrote:-Somone picked up an image of the GSK ending picture in vellum paper (w00t!)
- One lucky person walked away with the nice 8.5x11 vellum version of Ojinko personally signed by me :
New York is a bit offhand for me, but I'd love to have come and have you sign my picture of Lillian :( Other time, other place... perhaps.

But I'm happy it went well, I think even the minimum of appreciation is fantastic in these circles. I have another con coming up, though this time after a long time I am not going to be a presenter - so no awareness raising now. But the one I was in May at was really great. I'm probably going to stop presenting at cons for now, but for Brno I have a soft spot, so if I have something reasonable to say, I'd be happy if they invite me again. :P

Back to the topic, it's also great to see people know about you as a game-maker. And yes, this is a cheap transition to the reminder that I am still dying because Blind Love hasn't been released... Wind may be the big news now, but it can only act as a gap-filler :(

Anyway, I am currently also working on an article for RG again, but I need to sort out my thoughts a bit more, but it should be done at some point.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#9 Post by rioka »

mikey wrote:New York is a bit offhand for me, but I'd love to have come and have you sign my picture of Lillian :( Other time, other place... perhaps.
Well, the prizes may not have Lillian in it.. but I will be holding a contest at Ren'ai Games. Info'll be available any day now. ^^
mikey wrote:And yes, this is a cheap transition to the reminder that I am still dying because Blind Love hasn't been released... Wind may be the big news now, but it can only act as a gap-filler :(
Now that the convention is over, I'll be back to finishing Blind Love and Foxtaile now... so... Soon, mikey, soon! (and to you too, musical! ^_~ )
mikey wrote:Anyway, I am currently also working on an article for RG again, but I need to sort out my thoughts a bit more, but it should be done at some point.
Cool! Looking forward to reading it. =)

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#10 Post by musical74 »

Soon? How soon is soon? A month? two months? (Can you tell I'm axiously awaiting the day that Blind Love is released?)

It would be nice if they had events like AmineNEXT in Portland, OR or Seattle, WA...then I could make them...New York's too far for me, given my budget. Would be nice to meet some of you that I have been chatting with for the last 18 months. Blue Lemma's all of 20 miles from me and I haven't even met him yet....
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#11 Post by rioka »

musical74 wrote:Soon? How soon is soon? A month? two months? (Can you tell I'm axiously awaiting the day that Blind Love is released?)
I'll try to get it out before the end of July. =)

Yeah, it would be nice to meet everyone here...