RockRobin - Band Manager (Demo)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
sheetcakeghost
Veteran

Re: RockRobin - GxB (w/Demo) - Character Contest!!

#211 Post by sheetcakeghost »

I think the expansion pack romance is a great idea! It gives everyone plenty of time to get a good story plus when the game is released people can put a vote to which characters they want a romance with in the expansion that didn't get one in the OR.

It's also a nifty way to make characters recruitable that maybe weren't before. Like maybe a supporting character for a contest winner ends up becoming pretty popular.

I'm a big supporter of class in any genre.
While I do think sex is a natural part of a good relationship and that some really creative character development can be done while in the sack, it's a bit like having a rape scene in a movie. If it's done right it's really dramatic, but 90% of the time it is done very poorly and people are just offended.

LinWest
Regular
Projects: Painted Walls, Pyrexia, & a secret

#212 Post by LinWest »

sex scenes you say? *raises eyebrow intrigued* melikes this line of thought.
You know... you could just do foreplay, and trail off if you're worried about being repetitive. Although, to be honest... I'm finishing up a 18+ game script at the moment, and it may seem like sex is repetitive writing but its surprisingly not. Everyone has a different style and dynamic between them, you just have to put yourself in their shoes and feel what would feel natural to them. (Reading 18+ fanfiction helps too. haha.)
Lin West @Deviant Art

Working on:

Gryphbear
Regular

#213 Post by Gryphbear »

Sounds like a great game. ;) The graphics and storyline sound intriguing, but I'm gonna have to pass on playing it though. At least the music bits. :)
WIP: Ring av Guder - (Contemporary Fantasy VN/Dating Sim?)

What do you get when you inherit a mystical ring, meet Norse Dieties, and Werewolves, Satyrs, or Dwarves? Possibilities.

General Completion: 5% - (Still working on story plot.)
Story status: 1% (In progress of revamping)
Scripting: 1% (Prologue is about done)
Character Art: 0% (Would like to find a Bara-type Artist, but will learn to draw them myself if necessary)
BG/CG's: 0% (None so far)

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#214 Post by Aleema »

LinWest wrote:sex scenes you say? *raises eyebrow intrigued* melikes this line of thought.
You know... you could just do foreplay, and trail off if you're worried about being repetitive. Although, to be honest... I'm finishing up a 18+ game script at the moment, and it may seem like sex is repetitive writing but its surprisingly not. Everyone has a different style and dynamic between them, you just have to put yourself in their shoes and feel what would feel natural to them. (Reading 18+ fanfiction helps too. haha.)
I suppose I'm a newb when it comes to writing sex scenes (but not in reading them ... what? >_>). But I think it's an important part of relationships that should be explored.
But I definitely haven't shied away from the characters bumping uglies. I've already written a couple sex romps (not revealing with who in public, but you'll know soon enough, Lin), but I basically just let the sound effects do the talking and let Robin's mind meander about the experience. I didn't want to make the scenes overly long, so I didn't go into great detail about foreplay, but I don't consider those scenes finished yet.
Gryphbear wrote:Sounds like a great game. ;) The graphics and storyline sound intriguing, but I'm gonna have to pass on playing it though. At least the music bits. :)
Interesting that you would say that. Are you saying that you would play it if there was strictly a story release (no management at all)?

sporkysan
Regular

#215 Post by sporkysan »

I personally really like that fact that there is a management portion to Rock Robin. I find it really fun and unique for an otome game.

LinWest
Regular
Projects: Painted Walls, Pyrexia, & a secret

#216 Post by LinWest »

Aleema wrote: I suppose I'm a newb when it comes to writing sex scenes (but not in reading them ... what? >_>). But I think it's an important part of relationships that should be explored.
But I definitely haven't shied away from the characters bumping uglies. I've already written a couple sex romps (not revealing with who in public, but you'll know soon enough, Lin), but I basically just let the sound effects do the talking and let Robin's mind meander about the experience. I didn't want to make the scenes overly long, so I didn't go into great detail about foreplay, but I don't consider those scenes finished yet.
Heh. Well, I've only gotten better through trial and error. I wrote some pretty bad fanfics in my earlier years.
We're awesome. Spoiler convo, go! X3

bumping uglies? Will be Robin picking up physically non-appealing characters on bad, drunken nights at the bar? Or is that slang for sex where you're at? lmao. That's one of my favorite tricks though, just dialogue with sound effects, and no description. It works really effective at getting the point across without being vulgar

ooooo, Will I? How exciting!
Lin West @Deviant Art

Working on:

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#217 Post by Aleema »

LinWest wrote:
We're awesome. Spoiler convo, go! X3

bumping uglies? Will be Robin picking up physically non-appealing characters on bad, drunken nights at the bar? Or is that slang for sex where you're at? lmao. That's one of my favorite tricks though, just dialogue with sound effects, and no description. It works really effective at getting the point across without being vulgar

ooooo, Will I? How exciting!
:lol:
Yes, sorry, "bumping uglies" is one of the many, many slangs for sex here. Sometimes wit backfires. xD

I only sent you one CG scene for right now, because I'm so unsure about my writing for the more ... intense scenes. Plus, they might change, but overall, the actions should be the same. But yes, the ones I was referring to are next. Or I can send it to you right now if you want to take a peek, even if I might change somethings ...

And yes, spoiler convo FTW!
@ sporkysan: Oh! I'm glad!! I wanted to do something different from the regular stat-raising schtick. And raising a band just popped into my head one day (my original idea was something about an orphanage, but meh on that). I really wanted to do something modern, but also like a ... like a game.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#218 Post by Riviera »

Been talking to my bf about this game, he's a big guitar fan, and his first question was, "Is there a Yoko?"

Maybe could be worth considering? XD
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#219 Post by Aleema »

Riviera wrote:Been talking to my bf about this game, he's a big guitar fan, and his first question was, "Is there a Yoko?"

Depends on what aspect of Yoko he's referring to? The fact that she's Japanese, that's she kinda ... weird, or that she broke up a band? ^^ Any of those would be interesting, of course.

Aiurax
Regular
Projects: Becoming Wishful

#220 Post by Aiurax »

Reading back on my character submission.. I no longer like it ^^'... But that's always been my problem, too much of a perfectionist >.< Uhm.. actually saying I don't like it is bad, what I meant is I wished I added more 'OOMPH' - so I know i'd be willing to work out the kinks that she has. Morever chatting in a group discussion would probably help my inspiration/ideas/hypothesis' and provide me with a way to broaden her.. well.. everything ^^'

Oh dear, I was starting this out to be 'yes, yes! I'll script, heh heh' - buuuut yes, if ya'll can understand where i'm coming from and not get totally confused, then that's all good.
If, on the other hand you're totally confused.. sorry, but, i'm a very confusing person ^^'

sporkysan
Regular

#221 Post by sporkysan »

Aleema wrote:
Riviera wrote:Been talking to my bf about this game, he's a big guitar fan, and his first question was, "Is there a Yoko?"

Depends on what aspect of Yoko he's referring to? The fact that she's Japanese, that's she kinda ... weird, or that she broke up a band? ^^ Any of those would be interesting, of course.
Wouldn't Robin or Sterling the Yoko in Robin's old band?
From the demo, it seems that Dallas was kicked out of the band due to a united front between Robin and Sterling. Like they had been dating or something and now they are moving the band in a new direction. Dallas is not a part of this direction. I would laugh so hard if Sterling was the band's Yoko.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#222 Post by Riviera »

Aleema wrote:

Like an event where one of the band members shows up with a girlfriend (temporary or serious) and it's obvious she wields major influence with him and he starts bringing her stuff into the band, for better or worse. :lol:

sporkysan
Regular

#223 Post by sporkysan »

Riviera wrote:Like an event where one of the band members shows up with a girlfriend (temporary or serious) and it's obvious she wields major influence with him and he starts bringing her stuff into the band, for better or worse. :lol:
Well if I remember correctly, Beau has a girlfriend. But I'm not sure if she would be interested in influencing the band.
The Yoko idea might be a bit harder otherwise since Robin can have a romance with her bandmates. Unless the Yoko character only comes up if the player isn't pursing whoever it is who is dating "Yoko.

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#224 Post by sayuri »

Sporkysan:
If you are talking about the fiance he broke it off before Robin met him.
I find it kinda funny there is talk of an expansion before the game is released :P. Power to ya though :).

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#225 Post by Riviera »

sporkysan wrote:
Riviera wrote:Like an event where one of the band members shows up with a girlfriend (temporary or serious) and it's obvious she wields major influence with him and he starts bringing her stuff into the band, for better or worse. :lol:
Well if I remember correctly, Beau has a girlfriend. But I'm not sure if she would be interested in influencing the band.
The Yoko idea might be a bit harder otherwise since Robin can have a romance with her bandmates. Unless the Yoko character only comes up if the player isn't pursing whoever it is who is dating "Yoko.
That's why I made sure to also say temporary, so that it could occur as a random event very early DURING pursuing that guy, or after rejecting him, and still make at least some sort of sense. :)

Hypothetically.

I mean, the band WILL have groupies. It's not unreasonable that your bandmates might... errr... hook up even if they do kinda-sorta have their eye on Robin. More so if they don't.