[WIP] Snow White & Rose Red [Fairytale GxB]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
eichan ssu!

Re: [WIP] Snow White & Rose Red (Recruiting Programmer, Edit

#16 Post by eichan ssu! »

this....puts shame upon a prince charming! lol

This is nice! I've read snow white and rose red when i was young and to think it has become an idea for an awesome work.... I'm really happy!

Keep up the good work and this looks like one of the must played on my list.lol

Doggy Nino
Regular
Projects: Crystal Hearts (Discontinued)

#17 Post by Doggy Nino »

Wahhh! I really like the fairy tail idea as well it gives me the urge to just continue wanting read more of the characters backgrounds and plot line as well. The characters have amazing facial expressions as well for the design colors for each of them it makes really think they could just come alive at any moment given in time. Also the girls look simply lovely each of them give off exactly what their personalites are. I kinda of a fan of Bear I love pleasant his personality.(I can't wait to see what he looks like!) Well I look forward to playing this game in the future! Good luck. If you need any help please ask me I would love to help in any way I can! You have my full support. Continue to work hard!
"In our world of big names, curiously, our true heroes tend to be anonymous. In this life of illusion and quasi-illusion, the person of solid virtues who can be admired for something more substantial than his well-knownness often proves to be the unsung hero: the teacher, the nurse, the mother, the honest cop, the hard worker at lonely, underpaid, unglamorous, unpublicized jobs." -Daniel J. Boorstin

Starling
Regular
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards

#18 Post by Starling »

Well, to see whether or not I can do it I spent all day starting to work on the interface. I have the main typing frame done... and I'm designing this with the thought that eventually with enough programming fiddling I can make it work the way it's supposed to XD

So here is what I have so far in a fake screenshot that I made in PS~ I won't normally have the picture of the MC while she's narrating (I think), but I put it in now just to start gauging how it will look when I do want it there.... I'm not 100% happy with placement and such and I still need to add save/load and auto/skip buttons, but other than that.. here is my main frame~

The idea is that you're reading a book *fairytale theme* and on the bookmark is where the MC will appear when she speaks. I think this is the font I'm going to go with as well as it matches the logo (same font for the lowercase letters in it). Going to work on the art for the title screen next I think.. and then start scripting the static novel/intro portion.

Critiques are perfectly welcomed on it and encouraged

EDIT: I editted the bookmark to make it darker and made the font a bit bigger, though I might up another size, I'm not sure yet.
eichan ssu! wrote:this....puts shame upon a prince charming! lol

This is nice! I've read snow white and rose red when i was young and to think it has become an idea for an awesome work.... I'm really happy!

Keep up the good work and this looks like one of the must played on my list.lol
Yay~ I'm so glad! I hope that you think it does the story justice when it's finished. :D
Doggy Nino wrote:Wahhh! I really like the fairy tail idea as well it gives me the urge to just continue wanting read more of the characters backgrounds and plot line as well. The characters have amazing facial expressions as well for the design colors for each of them it makes really think they could just come alive at any moment given in time. Also the girls look simply lovely each of them give off exactly what their personalites are. I kinda of a fan of Bear I love pleasant his personality.(I can't wait to see what he looks like!) Well I look forward to playing this game in the future! Good luck. If you need any help please ask me I would love to help in any way I can! You have my full support. Continue to work hard!
Eeep~ *is drowned by postive feedback lol* Thank you! I'm a bit speechless at the glowing remarks, it makes me happy. *does a dance*

Anyway *cough* I'm glad the girls come across well and that you like the Bear :D As much as I love Wolf I want all my boys to receive love~~... XD And Bear and Wolf are going to be my biggest challenges to draw, because animals are not my forte (aka I don't ever draw them so I never get practice so I fail epicly at drawing them)

The help you're offering, is it to become a full time helper on this (as I do need those) or to give me advice and help (which would be quite nice too) PM me if it's the former telling me exactly what you'd be willing to help out on :D if the latter you could probably tell me what you know about (programming or story or such) so I know what to ask about when the time comes :D

Thanks again.
---

Oh and my current goal is to finish at the beginning of September, but depending on how much of this I have to do on my own (like the programming) this might end up being extended.
Last edited by Starling on Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#19 Post by Aleema »

Waaah! I like your textbox interface! I really do! The book/bookmark idea is so fantastic. That's a really original way to place the side images, but work them in seamlessly. :D Will the bookmark change colors (just my opinion, but the red you chose in the example is really an eye-sore, a darker one would be more awesome)? What shows when the narrator is speaking? Also, is that a screen of the actual size? If so, the text seems a little small for my taste. I think because it's so curly. Overall, though, I love the idea!

Starling
Regular

#20 Post by Starling »

Aleema wrote:Waaah! I like your textbox interface! I really do! The book/bookmark idea is so fantastic. That's a really original way to place the side images, but work them in seamlessly. :D Will the bookmark change colors (just my opinion, but the red you chose in the example is really an eye-sore, a darker one would be more awesome)? What shows when the narrator is speaking? Also, is that a screen of the actual size? If so, the text seems a little small for my taste. I think because it's so curly. Overall, though, I love the idea!
Thank you! I spent a while trying to come up with it all during downtime on vacation. The bookmark will definitely be darkened I think to make it less HI I'MMA BOOKMARK AND I'M BRIGHT AND MAKE YOUR EYES GO OW and probably the book cover as well since it's actually the same color. Whether or not to change the color of it during the actual gameplay is an interesting thought. I know that if I do more fairytale games after this I plan to use this same interface but with a different color ribbon that matches the color scheme (SNRR has a color scheme of red, white and green as of now)

I'm going to have to ponder about that.

And thank you for the critique about the text. If you've zoomed all the way in it is the actual size, and I can see where it needs to be a bit bigger. Thanks.
Completed:
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

CandyStar
Regular
Projects: Unnamed Stalker vs Mystery Game! :D

Re: [WIP] Snow White & Rose Red (Recruiting a Programmer!!!)

#21 Post by CandyStar »

Oooh! I really like the text being in the book! :D It's a cute detail ;)

I just saw the link in your profile.... I've always loved that story, and think your adaptation of it will be cool!! ^_^

Can't wait for you to finish ^__^

-Jesse
I'm working on my first visual novel! Boy stalks girl. Girl offers to date boy if boy solves puzzle. Game commences! Click here to encourage meee -> Hooray! Attention!

Starling
Regular

#22 Post by Starling »

Update~! All my editors have been finalized, so I added a Staff list on the main page. I am still looking for a programmer for this. I am also looking for a Background Artist, but a Programmer is a much higher priority.

Main Menu has been designed and the actual writing of the script has begun. Starting off with the Intro/Static Novel Portion that includes the first 2 chapters and the prologue. The demo will probably consist of both girls being playable and it will have the first two chapters plus the first week of actual gameplay that is in chapter three. As of this time I have no idea when this will be finished, but hopefully before I get back to school.

Yay for progress! *Does a dance of progress*

EDIT: I brainfarted (again) and forgot to reply!
CandyStar wrote:Oooh! I really like the text being in the book! :D It's a cute detail ;)

I just saw the link in your profile.... I've always loved that story, and think your adaptation of it will be cool!! ^_^

Can't wait for you to finish ^__^

-Jesse
haHA my signature has captured you dunDUNDUN

...Anyway, thank you for the support! I'm glad to have another lover of SWRR here, I wish it was adapted so much more ): It could be just as classic as Snow White or Cinderella or Rapunzel~

P.S. I don't think you need to apologize for yourself in your siggy :D You'll stop being new soon enough~ Technically I'm still new... I've been here for a month maybe? (Oh my god that's how long I've been working on SWRR @__@)
Completed:
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

CandyStar
Regular
Projects: Unnamed Stalker vs Mystery Game! :D

#23 Post by CandyStar »

Starling wrote:P.S. I don't think you need to apologize for yourself in your siggy :D
Tee hee... I'm used to mean forums full of hobbyists who eat you alive for not knowing what you're doing... T__T Lemma Soft peoples are nice though <3
I'm working on my first visual novel! Boy stalks girl. Girl offers to date boy if boy solves puzzle. Game commences! Click here to encourage meee -> Hooray! Attention!

Lanna
Regular

#24 Post by Lanna »

I love the fake screenshot - I don't think I've ever seen such a unique design @_@! This is looking awesome so far. +1 stalker...er, fan, definitely.

/hides and waits for updates

Doggy Nino
Regular
Projects: Crystal Hearts (Discontinued)

#25 Post by Doggy Nino »

If their is anyone out there that is a programmer and are not busy please help with the game if you can! ( grabs big help wanted sign and begins to wave it slowly...Miggles comes out with a sign again but this time it says I love pies! XD )
"In our world of big names, curiously, our true heroes tend to be anonymous. In this life of illusion and quasi-illusion, the person of solid virtues who can be admired for something more substantial than his well-knownness often proves to be the unsung hero: the teacher, the nurse, the mother, the honest cop, the hard worker at lonely, underpaid, unglamorous, unpublicized jobs." -Daniel J. Boorstin

Starling
Regular

#26 Post by Starling »

Doggy Nino wrote:If their is anyone out there that is a programmer and are not busy please help with the game if you can! ( grabs big help wanted sign and begins to wave it slowly...Miggles comes out with a sign again but this time it says I love pies! XD )
;3; You're such a sweetie *hugs* :D
Lanna wrote:I love the fake screenshot - I don't think I've ever seen such a unique design @_@! This is looking awesome so far. +1 stalker...er, fan, definitely.

/hides and waits for updates
Shaaa~~~ Yay :D I'm glad you enjoy it, I can always use more stalkers...*coughs* um yes I mean fans XD~
CandyStar wrote:
Starling wrote:P.S. I don't think you need to apologize for yourself in your siggy :D
Tee hee... I'm used to mean forums full of hobbyists who eat you alive for not knowing what you're doing... T__T Lemma Soft peoples are nice though <3
I know what you mean :D In most other forums I have been in I'd freak out a lot before I posted anything, but I'm pretty comfortable here.
Completed:
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

DragoonHP
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Christmas
IRC Nick: DragoonHP

#27 Post by DragoonHP »

Starling wrote:
Aleema wrote:I'm available for coding help. If you have any questions about scripting and whatnot, I'm your gal. And I think a handdrawn interface would be perfect for this game, what are you talking about? Totally do it yourself! It'll look great!
I will keep that in mind if I end up having to code it. I do have the ability to... I just didn't want to take on the entire project by myself, told myself I would at least try for help first LOL.
I think you should try and contact her. Maybe her offer is still open.

Starling
Regular

#28 Post by Starling »

DragoonHP wrote:
Starling wrote:
Aleema wrote:I'm available for coding help. If you have any questions about scripting and whatnot, I'm your gal. And I think a handdrawn interface would be perfect for this game, what are you talking about? Totally do it yourself! It'll look great!
I will keep that in mind if I end up having to code it. I do have the ability to... I just didn't want to take on the entire project by myself, told myself I would at least try for help first LOL.
I think you should try and contact her. Maybe her offer is still open.
Ah.. I assumed it was just for questions and such... I think she's busy with her own game and other things that have been cropping up (Aleema~ If you check this, can you answer this yourself as I don't want to speak for you).
Completed:
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

Starling
Regular

#29 Post by Starling »

HI!

I'm still working on this :) I just ran away to vacation again (though now they're completely done for the summer :) )

And the main menu imagemap took me a lot longer than originally planned ): Apparently me and roses do NOT get along.

That aside I have new information.

1) New screenshot! Took me forever

2) I might have a musician coming on board :D Her web name is Riyoku Sakimori and is a kickass composer! She's a friend of mine and offered~ If you're curious you can look her up on youtube by that name. (She is also the most amazing artist ever and you can find her on DA under the same name).

So YAY!

Writing and Editing has been on it's way as well :D Yay for progress!
Completed:
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#30 Post by Aleema »

Starling wrote:Ah.. I assumed it was just for questions and such... I think she's busy with her own game and other things that have been cropping up (Aleema~ If you check this, can you answer this yourself as I don't want to speak for you).
Silly Starling, you should have PM'd me. >_> What did you need help with? Everything? That's fine, too. :D