Finding A Prom Date by Arithra & Vohalika

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Vohalika

Finding A Prom Date by Arithra & Vohalika

#1 Post by Vohalika »

Finding A Prom Date

Hey guys!
This is our very first try on a visual novel and yes, it's quite simple;

You play the part of Arisa, a high school girl two days before her prom. Unfortunately, she doesn't have a date yet. And in an emergency situation like this, what does she do? Why, calling her male friends, of course.

Image Tatsuya ImageKeiji ImageYuuto

To determine which one would be the best choice, she remembers several situations with each of the 3 guys. Each boy has a story during which you have to make 3 decisions which determine whether your date of choice is available or not.

This is not exactly a 'Dating Game' as there is no dating in it and all the guys are just your friends. Acutally, it is more about an anti social girl trying to at least get one of her friends (and she has only 3.5) to rescue her from an awkward situation.

And while the concept itself really is quite simple (newbies at work here, sorry), the characters are... Let's say... Well, at least Arisa herself ist quite unique.

The game itself is almost finished; currently we are just trying to get the endings to work.

Check it out once it's done! Arisa will invite you to a pity party otherwise!

Image Riiiiight...

(Pics from bass, by the way...)

machinist
Regular

Re: Finding A Prom Date by Arithra & Vohalika

#2 Post by machinist »

Vohalika wrote: The game itself is almost finished; currently we are just trying to get the endings to work.
omg it's almost finished?! awesome i can't wait the art is wonderful

Doggy Nino
Regular
Projects: Crystal Hearts (Discontinued)

#3 Post by Doggy Nino »

This looks very interesting. So your almost done?!? I guess I'll play it! It's seems like very interesting plot line you have as well as the art it's very cool! This is your first Visual Novel huh? Well good luck with the endings! I surely will give you some feed back after i done playing it!
"In our world of big names, curiously, our true heroes tend to be anonymous. In this life of illusion and quasi-illusion, the person of solid virtues who can be admired for something more substantial than his well-knownness often proves to be the unsung hero: the teacher, the nurse, the mother, the honest cop, the hard worker at lonely, underpaid, unglamorous, unpublicized jobs." -Daniel J. Boorstin

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by gekiganwing »

Vohalika wrote:Finding A Prom Date
You play the part of Arisa, a high school girl two days before her prom. Unfortunately, she doesn't have a date yet. And in an emergency situation like this, what does she do? Why, calling her male friends, of course.
If you're still writing your story, Vohalika, then you might be wise to look into the following games for ideas (what to do, what you think you should avoid):

- "One Week" (worksafe link: http://download.cnet.com/One-Week/3000- ... 76896.html ). This text adventure was written a few years ago. It's a slice of life story about the end of high school. Its tone is somewhat realistic, and some endings are melancholy.

- "Surviving High School." I know this originally-in-English game exists on cellphones, iPhone/iPod Touch, and DSiWare -- it may exist on other platforms. The ideas in the game are interesting... but I wasn't too interested in the writing, and the minigames weren't enjoyable.

- "Final Week," which is elsewhere on this forum.

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Cain0425 »

cool i like play it if there looks fun hope all goes well with it have good day

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#6 Post by Aleema »

You have someone named Keiji. I could die. I love that name. No one uses it anymore because it means detective or something, but I still love it to pieces. ;_; Lol, does their school really require them to wear a cat tie? That's hilarious.

That's cool that the game is almost finished. Don't forget to get some beta testers. ;) If this is your first game, it's perfectly fine to start small and "quite simple". The fact that you're actually releasing a game is to be commended. So good luck!! Ask me or others if you have any questions on Ren'Py. :D

maypaymusic
Regular

#7 Post by maypaymusic »

oh wow...I'm drooling just from looking at the guys xD especially yuuko and tatsuya...good job!! can't wait for it to come out!
♥Sometimes we must get hurt in order to grow, we must fail in order to know, Sometimes our vision clears only after our eyes are washed away with tears...♥

cloudyssky
Veteran
Completed: Alone
Projects: Many failed ones

#8 Post by cloudyssky »

Good luck on the release. Do not forget to test and spell check!
Projects:
Alone- (Horror/Sci-Fi) Complete! Link
Demokratiya- (Adventure/Action) I'm kind of winging it with this one. Goal is 100,000 words. Yeah, it's gonna take a while.
{Last worked on Sept/28 : Word count (coding and all) ~4500}

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#9 Post by azureXtwilight »

I love the character pictures! Good luck on releasing!

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#10 Post by sayuri »

They are all hot ^^. The character style looks very familiar for some reason o_O. I'm excited to see what comes of this.

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by Cain0425 »

i like the blue hair boy he looks like get in fight all the time i like bad boys all the way

Momorin

#12 Post by Momorin »

Looks awesome. This reminded me a game by honeybee(a japanese doujin game-maker), "Take me to Prom Date" I can't remember it well. I'm amnesiac. The plot is exactly the same. The heroine is finding a partner for the prom night. Though, she would just met the bachelors in contrast to yours that she is friends with them. well, good luck anyway. If you're curious about the game I'm saying you can search for it in otome.dojin.com cause I lost the link to its site. By the way, the site is in japanese.

While, I have fun finding my prom date from that game.... I also will watch out for this one.lol Good luck! X3
Visit my blog
DevArt
[WIP] Autumn Tears

Arithra
Regular
Completed: Finding a prom date

#13 Post by Arithra »

sayuri wrote:They are all hot ^^. The character style looks very familiar for some reason o_O. I'm excited to see what comes of this.
Yeah. that was to be expected.
as vohalika said we used pictures from bass.
It's way better than one of us trying to draw~
Please visit my projects Perios- Chained Sorceress
and Final Banquet now with demo!

And my blog for more updates!

ThumperMiggles

#15 Post by ThumperMiggles »

Thank you for the link~