[WIP] Frozen Essence GxB

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

Re: [WIP] Frozen Essence GxB: 85% - Planned for July release

#46 Post by VenusEclipse »

Cain0425 wrote:is this game coming out this summer? i only asking seeing that it at 85% done
Oh sorry, didn't reply in a while. Yeah. August is the latest if I keep running into scripting crashes. I had trouble messing with archives and forgetting to save a backup so I had to redo some parts of the script. XD My bad.
That is better, I think! I am especially intrigued about Caius' now, because somehow he only had one eye before. Does his both eyes are shown now?
One eye? Uh, actually I never thought bout that. Just thought it was fashionable. His character is the second one I did and it just happened to be that way and I kept him that way. XD His new sprite still keeps that look except it's more clean.

*coughIliketheonewiththeEXPLOSIVEpersonality* and you'vereallynotgivenmeanythingonthestorylinedamnit O.o I wants to know more!
I know the summary of this story doesn't have a good hook, yet. XD

I'm bad at summaries, and if I say more, I might ruin the plot and stuff. XD I'm really seeing how the testers will see the story and maybe having them help me out with that. So far, the guy (male, yup) going through it likes "*theonewiththeEXPLOSIVEpersonality*" too! Even the other two guys I've shown said he seems to be the coolest. I showed guys on purpose just because it's fun having a male's opinion even if I should be getting a female's opinion.
He found so much stuff I have to fix, and he said he likes how there aren't that many romantic moments randomly appearing in the story "to make him cringe" ;).

Oh yeah. I guess I should "warn" all people who really want lots of romantic moments. I have to say that I'm not really into writing romances (OMG THAT IS STRANGE! YOU"RE WRITING AN OTOME VN! WHY NOT? *Kills Venus).
Even if this is in the otome genre, it's more story driven. I'm really really into story more than romance, but I want to make them all make sense. There is a path where you do end up with a character, BUT, they aren't technically together. I didn't intend it but it only makes sense that way.

random person: Not enough romantic moments? YOU MONSTER! I thought there are lots since there's obtainable guys all this time!!!
Venus: No!! I didn't deceive you! I... I should say it earlier! HAHAHAHA!

- Just saying, first post edited to replace outdated update.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: [WIP] Frozen Essence GxB: 85% - Planned for July release

#47 Post by Aleema »

VenusRose wrote:Oh yeah. I guess I should "warn" all people who really want lots of romantic moments. I have to say that I'm not really into writing romances (OMG THAT IS STRANGE! YOU"RE WRITING AN OTOME VN! WHY NOT? *Kills Venus).
Even if this is in the otome genre, it's more story driven. I'm really really into story more than romance, but I want to make them all make sense. There is a path where you do end up with a character, BUT, they aren't technically together. I didn't intend it but it only makes sense that way.[/i][/b]
I like it like this. Leaving romance up to the imagination of the player is actually very powerful. I think I just want to see a relationship dynamic, and I'll fill in the blanks myself. I like a strong plot that happens to have romances, so don't worry about this. It also makes the few romance scenes you do have all the more potent. ;)

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: [WIP] Frozen Essence GxB: 95% - Testing Phase o_O

#48 Post by lepapillonrouge »

It's okay. A lot of popular shows have more implied romance than full on romance. (or, in the case of Avatar the Last Airbender, an implied romance that didn't exactly happen but most fans prefer that pairing anyway.)

I prefer a more story based game, actually. :D So that's two fans of what you're doing!
deviantART
---------------------

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#49 Post by Cain0425 »

is this game ever going come got july is is over in a week you know T_T

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#50 Post by Aleema »

Cain0425 wrote:is this game ever going come got july is is over in a week you know T_T
She's working her hardest! Don't rush these things, or you'll get a bad game. =P

maypaymusic
Regular

#51 Post by maypaymusic »

wooo the girl looks nice :) can't wait for it to come out!
♥Sometimes we must get hurt in order to grow, we must fail in order to know, Sometimes our vision clears only after our eyes are washed away with tears...♥

Arithra
Regular
Completed: Finding a prom date

#52 Post by Arithra »

I'm really looking forward to this one. the characters pictures are really good, it I think that that's a very important aspect in a good game.
I'm not too sure what to think about the story yet~
but the idea sounds quite interesting.