Love ♡ GET!! [WIP] [GxB] {Revived!}

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
CandyStar
Regular
Projects: Unnamed Stalker vs Mystery Game! :D

Re: Love ♡ GET!! [WIP] [GxB] {Recruiting!} Updated!!

#166 Post by CandyStar »

Hallooo!! *waves* Uhm I'm pretty sure I'm said potential writer lackey mentioned above. ^_^ I am here to help as much as I can! Hahaha I'm just really really excited.

(If this is not me .... I'm sorry. T_T)

-Jesse
I'm working on my first visual novel! Boy stalks girl. Girl offers to date boy if boy solves puzzle. Game commences! Click here to encourage meee -> Hooray! Attention!

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#167 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Welcome aboard; cupcakes are delicious.

Hyda
Regular
Projects: Love ♡ GET!!

#168 Post by Hyda »

CandyStar wrote:Hallooo!! *waves* Uhm I'm pretty sure I'm said potential writer lackey mentioned above. ^_^ I am here to help as much as I can! Hahaha I'm just really really excited.

(If this is not me .... I'm sorry. T_T)

-Jesse
Yush, that would be you!~ : D -waves back-

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#169 Post by sheetcakeghost »

No real update today, but that's cause I didn't do much. I'm holding back so Hyda doesn't have so much catching up later. =p Gives me a chance to work on some other things I should have been working on this week. So more updates after a bit!

Starling
Regular
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards

#170 Post by Starling »

Is it bad I'm quite amused you made an update about not having much to update about?

:D

I was about to type more and it was probably going to be hiLARIOUS but my brain farted and now I have no idea what I was going to say..

>_>

GO GO POWER LOVEGET!

*runs away*
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#171 Post by sheetcakeghost »

DO NOT WORRY, STAR! YOUR HILARITY WAS FELT AS IT BECAME LOST IN THE COSMOS!

Starling
Regular
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards

#172 Post by Starling »

Serenity Frost wrote:DO NOT WORRY, STAR! YOUR HILARITY WAS FELT AS IT BECAME LOST IN THE COSMOS!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Oh god I'm so loopy right now XD This is what I get for staying up so late every night and my body waking me up early in the morning cause it HATES me. (Oh well more time to work on my VN~)

...Speaking of that *goes to ACTUALLY work on it and not just check lemma like the sad forum obsessed child she is*
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#173 Post by sheetcakeghost »

WA! I let us drift over to the second page! How will anyone know we're still working on this game?!

*ahem* Anyway, been working out wonderful things with Candy including the addition of a beginning game tutorial which totally saves me the hassle of restructuring the story. Yay! Anyone have any advice on how to execute one code wise? It'll either be skip-able or just be its own button on the menu page. Since it flows into the story I'm leaning toward the skip-able option. I don't want to set it up like a movie because people might skip it accidentally though. Unless I make it impossible to skip the first time it's shown.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#174 Post by Aleema »

How complicated is your game/tutorial? If it's a simple "click an option to say and it branches the story" type of explanation, there's no need to make it skippable or have a video tutorial. If there are no non-VN elements (I would argue that stat raising is a VN element), then you might even take the "tutorial" out completely and put it into a ReadMe.txt, for grandmas who never play video games. For my game, I just made static images that the player could click through. I prefer that over blobs of text, since I'm a visual learner, but my version was also really "WAH LOOK AT ALL THE INFORMATION!!", so I'll probably slow down the pop-ups to one piece of information per click. Anyway, I can't really give much advice if I don't know what you're tutorial'ing.

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#175 Post by sheetcakeghost »

The game itself is very simple, but some little things need to be explained or else the player will get frustrated and confused the first time in since it's not structured like a traditional otome. I need to convey two things, one that the gameplay is mostly linear and if you don't blow off the first guy you meet you follow his story path which may or may not include the other bachelors, and two that the scoring systems determines what sort of ending you get with that guy even if they lead to the same events. It's all about how the option is phrased. You will always be presented with three options (four when one of them is to skip this guy and move on to the next one) and each of them contribute a single point toward a specific ending. When you reach that ending the one with the highest number is played out. (Still haven't worked out the coding for that yet.) I've been calling those flavor options because they're meant to paint a certain mood for how the events are read and doesn't really change the outcome until the end. There are some options now and again that create a different scenario that will eventually lead back into the main love story. The story is very different between each love interest, but the events with said love interest are kinetic in nature.

You can see how not knowing all this in advance could frustrate players used to having their choices create huge ripples in the story as well as being able to meet all the available guys before picking one to romance. The tutorial is also going to introduce the guys right off. Don't worry, we've got a super creative and in storyline way to do this without it being contrived. However, having to watch it every time you want to try a different bachelor would get a bit annoying and though we could just suggest saving at each to save time it would probably be a good idea to make the tutorial skip-able for people who've watched it once already.

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#176 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Things should be getting kicked off again soon.

Hyda
Regular

#177 Post by Hyda »

I exist! Finally I am free and will be able to work on the project again <3

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#178 Post by Aleema »

:twisted: Too late, I stole serenity. She works for ME NOW!!!!1

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#179 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Aleema wrote::twisted: Too late, I stole serenity. She works for ME NOW!!!!1
Ha ha, she did, but I'm switching gears back to LoveGET again. Rock Robin is going to rock tho guys for seriels.

Anyway, we're totally getting concept art done. Like right this second. It's being drawn as I type this. YAY!

Hyda
Regular

#180 Post by Hyda »

It's alright, I can share. xD

Still haven't heard word from the lineartist. I've been having computer issues lately, ughhh. =_=