Movies That Make You Cry

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
TyranX
Regular

Movies That Make You Cry

#1 Post by TyranX »

What are the movies that make you guys tear up, or even cry?

For animation I'd have to honestly say half of the Pokemon movies. >_< Specifically the ones that i can remember, is the 1st movie, and the one with Jirachi. Especially Jirachi ^^,

As for other movies, Black Hawk Down. That movie will even make Chuck Norris shed some tears. And believe it or not I even teared up a bit during is Zombieland.
Only during the end though
When the "somebody is going to die/last stand" music is playing and Tallahasee goes Rambo while locking himself in the small shop booth surrounded by zombies.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you to death with their experience."

Current Status="A brilliantly lazy man"

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Movies That Make You Cry

#2 Post by LVUER »

Black Hawk Down is a great movie and I really like it. I've watched it perhaps more than 3 times... but I never find any tear-bending scene in it?
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Topagae

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit a

#3 Post by Topagae »

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit..."
Last edited by Topagae on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

machinist
Regular

#4 Post by machinist »

A.I. made me cry lol and i was like 10?

TyranX
Regular

#5 Post by TyranX »

LVUER wrote:Black Hawk Down is a great movie and I really like it. I've watched it perhaps more than 3 times... but I never find any tear-bending scene in it?
Really? There werent any "full out crying" scenes. But there were a few teary parts, Unfortunately I don't remember all of their names from the movie, but some of the scenes are like 1)
When a small squadron were stuck in a building and they were trying to fix up the guy who got shot in the leg. and a bit later when he was telling them to tell his parents that he had fought hard, then dies a few seconds later. Then you see the medic trying to desperately revive him even though its too late.
I think there might have been one more scene, but this is the one that stood out the most to me.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you to death with their experience."

Current Status="A brilliantly lazy man"

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#6 Post by Aleema »

Anything Ed Zwick makes. "Glory" was the first one that made me cry like a baby. :( Also, for "The Last Samurai." I know it's a stupid Hollywood movie with Tom Cruise, but Zwick gets the subtleness and beauty of Japanese culture, and translates it for American audiences. Makes me crrrry.

Then, of course, any dog movie. Because the dog always dies. Bah. Cheap shot. *isn't pouting right now*

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#7 Post by Samu-kun »

I've actually never cried at a movie. Whenever the director really manages to get an emotional reaction from me, I applaud him for being such a good story writer or get irritated and frustrated in a good way that he's managed to control my emotions so well.

However, one time I saw a dog movie was made by a Korean director that was U)(ERJIODFNO#&($RU*E gawd gut wrenching. I already know that Korean directors make the saddest possible movies in existence. Combining that with a dog movie might have caused half the world to commit suicide if more people saw it.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#8 Post by LVUER »

TyranX wrote:
LVUER wrote:Black Hawk Down is a great movie and I really like it. I've watched it perhaps more than 3 times... but I never find any tear-bending scene in it?
Really? There werent any "full out crying" scenes. But there were a few teary parts, Unfortunately I don't remember all of their names from the movie, but some of the scenes are like 1)
When a small squadron were stuck in a building and they were trying to fix up the guy who got shot in the leg. and a bit later when he was telling them to tell his parents that he had fought hard, then dies a few seconds later. Then you see the medic trying to desperately revive him even though its too late.
I think there might have been one more scene, but this is the one that stood out the most to me.
Ah yeah, that part... perhaps the other one is ...
right before the ending credit, when the protagonist reads a letter in a background, and the scene depicts him at a hospital bay, looking at lots of body bag before all those bags transported using airplane?
Anyway, perhaps because I've watched too many military and tear-bending movies, I don't easily cries now, Perhaps that's why the scene you told me didn't move me at all... although it's pretty touching.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#9 Post by yummy »

Samu-kun wrote:I've actually never cried at a movie. Whenever the director really manages to get an emotional reaction from me, I applaud him for being such a good story writer or get irritated and frustrated in a good way that he's managed to control my emotions so well.

However, one time I saw a dog movie was made by a Korean director that was U)(ERJIODFNO#&($RU*E gawd gut wrenching. I already know that Korean directors make the saddest possible movies in existence. Combining that with a dog movie might have caused half the world to commit suicide if more people saw it.
Perhaps you should watch the tale about the dog of Shibuya, Hachiko. ^^

Fluffycrow
Regular
Projects: Akita Files (WIP, mystery/otome)

#10 Post by Fluffycrow »

Meet Joe Black and Up are the first to pop out in my head right now. Also, any dog movie.

Topagae

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit a

#11 Post by Topagae »

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit..."
Last edited by Topagae on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Showsni »

Recently, near the end of Toy Story 3 and near the beginnning of Up gave me a bit of a lump in my throat...

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#13 Post by sayuri »

Topagae wrote:The Princess Bride.
I love you :lol:.

Every single Miyazaki film
Chihiro leaves and doesn't even remember Haku T_T. I wish there would be a sequel...
Hmm... The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. Bittersweet endings always make me cry. I can cry at pretty much any movie and the occasional sports montage so narrowing it down is tough :P.

ashewalton

#14 Post by ashewalton »

I second "Up", and also nominate "The Blind Side" 8D;;

neowired
Regular

#15 Post by neowired »

Most new movies make me cry with their utter disregard of proper storywriting and wasting millions of dollars on special effect just to get the lowest denominator happy and bla bla bla ; (

If you mean the other sort of crying then most good anime (too much to count) makes me cry, I guess Saikano is one on the top of this list (some people seem not to like it though)