Frozen Essence: V.2 uploaded

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Qookies
Regular

Re: Frozen Essence: V.2 uploaded

#76 Post by Qookies »

Red Lilies wrote:
When Caius got back up during the Light routes to kill Oryon.
I knew that would happen. Aurelius and Varian on the floor, Runa and Mina hopeless... Even if I didn't know it I hoped for it.

IanaBri
Regular

#77 Post by IanaBri »

Awesome...just great...I spent quite a bit of time trying to do all the CG's and get all the endings. The walkthrough was my last resort. =D Most of the paths were pretty sentimental and sort of...heart felt. I immensely enjoyed this game. I don't know what else I can say about it...I don't think I've said enough. I want to be encouraging and junk, but...I'm not so good at this.

Starling
Regular
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards

#78 Post by Starling »

Ahhh I should have checked for this sooner. I've been looking forward to this and it looks like quite the release. Congrats on finishing it :D Now if only it would download faster...
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#79 Post by azureXtwilight »

Qookies wrote:
Red Lilies wrote:
When Caius got back up during the Light routes to kill Oryon.
I knew that would happen. Aurelius and Varian on the floor, Runa and Mina hopeless... Even if I didn't know it I hoped for it.
I know, that's why he becomes my number one fave :twisted:

Aquane
Veteran

#80 Post by Aquane »

Wahhhhh so sad T.T first ending I got was Fire Path's Dark Ending... ok time for my review...

The game was pretty good, the only problem I ever had with it was it felt as if there were a lot of filler stuff in it. Maybe cause I'm used to faster paced otome games, I may have gotten a dark ending... maybe it will be different in other paths and endings though... haha I hardly saw any romantic stuff :cry: I guess I'm picky when a game is labeled Otome or GxB... ah well... I LOVE the story so far though haha yes a lot of plot twists, that was fun! I wanted to seriously slap Varian at times, but hey XD he kinda reminds me of a friend I have.. workaholic, stubborn and mean, but a soft spot for close friends (I did not see that too much with Varian, but he did lighten up on Mina) Hmmm... smaller issues I had.. well more like improvement suggestions.. the text should be animated or whatever you call it, not all appear at once XD and... Mina's sprite should appear at the bottom corner.. I'm just used to that is all! haha I just couldn't connect with the character as much is all... weird huh? over all rating of the game though.... 100000/5 yes, even with my little pet peeves in the game :3

-edit- Eheheheh.... ok well.. got the Fire Path's Light Ending... meh.. like I said.. I'm picky XD I don't see this as an Otome game really...once again maybe it will change in other paths, but... if they are all ending like this it is basically a "choose your favorite character and end the mystery (or cliffhanger)"
The only reason I am disappointed at this point is because it IS labeled as Otome or GxB

Other than that hell yes its an awesome story still!!! <3 :D :D :D :D :D :wink:

Mirage
Veteran

#81 Post by Mirage »

@Aquane, try getting the secret character. If he is not romantic, I donno what is.

Completely off topic, but this statement bothers me ---> "Otome Game must be romantic to be considered as one"
Eh, I am maybe the only girl who hardly swoon over lovey dovey and they give me ulcer when too much. But I do enjoy some Otome Games. Heh.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#82 Post by Aleema »

Um ... it is otome and GxB. There's really no doubt about that.
Compared to Venus' statement in her WIP thread, where she said she was worried that it was focused more on plot than on romance, I was VERY surprised by how much romance there was. There are a lot of lovey dovey stuffs. If she called it a dating sim, maybe you could contest that it wasn't. But it most certainly is GxB/otome. In about every way.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#83 Post by Coren »

For some weird reason, I like Aurelius.

It must be his "Oh lol I grin now but I'm going to kill you but I'm not going to kill you cos I have my morals but I'm going to politely stab you anyway" smile. XD

I like Caius's Light ending a lot.
It made me cry. I don't know why. (Oh hey, that rhymes.)
And Mina and
Zareh's
backstory was lovely. It was a bit strange that the True Ending
didn't reveal everything though. I expected true endings to have all the info that are only glazed on in other endings. After all, it's true. *shrug* I wished that she had regained her memories at least in the True End, though. Cos that end just seemed as if she was escaping from everything instead of facing the truth. Also, if spheres like the Life one could be so easily destroyed, they could've easily destroyed the Death Sphere too in the very beginning, right?
The thing that didn't really satisfy me in the True Ending was that e
verything just returned to what it was like in the beginning - the spheres heavily hinted to be coming back again, Mina goes back to normal, but ultimately it seems as if the same thing is going to happen again. O:
Didn't get Rune's light ending.
For some reason, Rune's CGs cannot be unlocked even though I saw them in-game.
Death Path was straight-off awesome.
Those precious two CGs were priceless.
Last edited by Coren on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Malvodius

#84 Post by Malvodius »

Kirroha: I think than you should hide some info in spoilers.

and about the life's light ending:
You have to choose all the options than make you look like you are only thinking about rune.
Last edited by Malvodius on Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apollo Justice: Turnabout Substitution (+7 h gameplay) COMPLETED
http://forums.court-records.net/games/a ... 13200.html

Aquane
Veteran

#85 Post by Aquane »

Ah.. actually I did get the light ending with the secret character just now, much better :) I didn't mean to complain though! I know it IS a GxB game, I'm just used to something a bit different, in an otome game every character had more focus on "love" than what one of the paths in this game did is all.

eeeh I feel bad now DX In any case, I love otome games with a big focus on love because before I even discovered VNs (and now even) I am a big fan of romance novels, thats why I was so excited to find these types of games haha.. annnyway one other awesome thing I wanna point out if how different each path is! A lot of times I see a game repeat almost EVERYTHING in every path except for a few points where each character says something different and whatnot. BIG PLUS for that~ :!:

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#86 Post by Coren »

@Malvodion: No, that'll be for the Light ending. For the true ending,
You shouldn't be too obsessed with Rune. I never got the Light ending though, got a bit bored. I'll try for it later.

Victoria
Regular
Projects: The Lady Minus Y

#87 Post by Victoria »

I was so waiting for this game ^^ I'm going to try it today! =D
Click here for a cross-dressing Otome!

Malvodius

#88 Post by Malvodius »

@Kirroha: Oops, I wanted to say Light, not True.
Apollo Justice: Turnabout Substitution (+7 h gameplay) COMPLETED
http://forums.court-records.net/games/a ... 13200.html

\Nish/
Regular

#89 Post by \Nish/ »

Ah, I remember seeing this one back at the WIP thread. I see it's finally released!
...And did you say original music?!
Brb, downloading.

Victoria
Regular
Projects: The Lady Minus Y

#90 Post by Victoria »

I played through it; I can only say, wow! =D
It was an amazing game and I didn't stop until I played every path I found ^^
The pictures I'm missing in the gallery are Earth fourth and fifth (horizontally), and Fire fourth. How was I supposed to get them?
I guess I liked Caius the most; I just like meany-types in the stories, and I liked Caius for being (not intentually) funny and almost childish. And he made great face expressions XD
Click here for a cross-dressing Otome!