Gearing Up For NaNoRenO 2006!

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#16 Post by rioka »

re PyTom>> Well, I hope you can think of something before then. =) Btw, any chance of a workable ALICE before March? (So I know to step up artwork production before focusing on my NaNoRenO/IntRenAiMo game.)

re bookie>> Yay! :does dance: I'll have everyone's names up at the site today. 8)

clubanimon
Regular

#17 Post by clubanimon »

Ah i may do it, depends on if school decieds to do the sabity stabity on my brain in the next 3 months

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#18 Post by mikey »

eclipse wrote:Anywhoo, I may do some press releases to garner more interest (and hopefully some more participants) in the next couple of weeks. It may mean some reviews for this years NaNoRenO games though... ^^ If you'd rather not have the possibility of your game being reviewed, just tell me and I'll make sure not to mention it. =)
Interesting... a press release...
*imagines eclipse at press conference, with microphones* :P

Anyway I'm in with the reviews, I won't have any hard feelings if someone doesn't like my games, and actually I think it'd be fun to see some serious Transfer Teacher writeoff :P :P

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#19 Post by PyTom »

eclipse wrote:re PyTom>> Well, I hope you can think of something before then. =) Btw, any chance of a workable ALICE before March? (So I know to step up artwork production before focusing on my NaNoRenO/IntRenAiMo game.)
My sources say yes.

ALICE will not be a hard thing to program, when I'm in the appropriate mood. The problem is, traditional GUI programming is annoying (if not really all that hard), so it's just tough to get into the right mood for it.

Compare this to Ren'Py, which is mostly an enjoyable thing to modify, since much of it is in my field of expertise, and what isn't is code I mostly wrote from scratch, and hence understand fully.

So what winds up happening is that ALICE gets subsumed under Ren'Py tinkering, most of the time.

(Also, perhaps, the sample data I have to work with isn't Moe enough, so I'm not getting enough Moe-tivation. I apologize for the horrible pun.)

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#20 Post by rioka »

re mikey>> Cool! :writes mikey under approved list: I'm rather curious about the average game reviewers opinion of our games as well and NaNoRenO is a good excuse - I mean reason.

re clubanimon>> Alright. :waits: Made up your mind now? j/k

re PyTom>> If it's Moe-tivation you're looking for, I'll send some Moe along. (Hey, you started it! :P)

Grey
Veteran

#21 Post by Grey »

I can't say for certain, but I don't think I'll be taking part this year :?

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#22 Post by Otaku Dash »

Megaman Z wrote:nice to see you're back, Dash... even if it's only for a day or two... (hopefully, it's more than a week...)
I've been here... I haven't posted much But I'v ebeen seeing the development around here. I'm not dead yet :wink: :P

Mikey -> I Never said I wouldn't try yo enter.... I'm trying to organize my school, personal and free time.... once I do that I may be able to charge Iluminaire again.... It will take a while since I can't make downloads right now but I might be able to advance with the script.

I won't let this project die, I'm not the kind of guy to give up on things :D :wink:
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#23 Post by musical74 »

Welcome back Otaku Dash! :D

Kicking the idea around on whether or not to join...mikey got me thinking maybe I should give it a try...Still not positive whether I'll actually do a game or not though. It would be my first foray into making a game, if I do :) When is the deadline to sign up?
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

I think I'll.... No, I Will! Sign me up! Though, I may be doing an IntRenAiMo... Or I may end up releasing two games ^_^. We'll just have to see-

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#25 Post by F.I.A »

Well, since the more the merrier, let's hope that I can finish with mine at the time duration.

I will sign for IntRenAiMo, please.

EDIT: Should be able to make it, if I exclude gaming hours. :P

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#26 Post by rioka »

:whistles: Two games? Very ambitious there, Junichi. Hope you can pull it off!
F.I.A. wrote:EDIT: Should be able to make it, if I exclude gaming hours. Razz
lol So true! But considering all the pressure in March, I don't know if you'll even have time to play games. ^_^

Anyways, welcome to the event you guys! =D
I'll add you two asap.

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#27 Post by Otaku Dash »

I dunno If I'll be able to pull of... I'm improving my math gardes.... very important year for me... it's either swim or sink :S

*notices Eclipses post number* GASP!! ECLIPSE IS "EVIL"!!! :shock: :twisted: :P
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#28 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

eclipse wrote::whistles: Two games? Very ambitious there, Junichi. Hope you can pull it off!
Whoa, I don't think I said I was planning on two games. I just said that we'll have to see what happens. Though, I would really like to. I have a game in progress that... well... hasn't been making progress ^_^;;; I'm such a perfectionist, that I can't make up my mind as to the "perfect" way to advance the story. Hopefully I can overcome this, and finish this game before March 1st, and then have all of March to work on the second game. Having made the first game should make the second game easier... I hope o_O. I'd release both games near the end of March. Of course, this would be the ideal outcome. I think it's all based on how soon I finish the first game. If I can finish the first game by march 1st for IntRenAiMo, then I'll also shoot for NanoReNo- otherwise I'll just go with finishing IntRenAiMo. As I said, we'll just have to see what happens
otaku dash wrote:*notices Eclipses post number* GASP!! ECLIPSE IS "EVIL"!!!
What are you talking about? *looks at eclipses post number- gasp* EVIL!!! lol

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#29 Post by rioka »

re Otaku Dash>> No pressure. Join us if you can. If not, there's always another year. =)

re Junichi>> lol Alright. One game it is... ;)
Otaku Dash wrote:*notices Eclipses post number* GASP!! ECLIPSE IS "EVIL"!!! :shock: :twisted: :P
ShiraiJunichi wrote:What are you talking about? *looks at eclipses post number- gasp* EVIL!!! lol
Yeah, and to think it happened during Halloween! ;D

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#30 Post by Megaman Z »

darnit! I missed demon eclipse!
~Kitsune Zeta