RockRobin - Band Manager (Demo)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
risingdreams
Regular

Re: RockRobin - Band Manager (w/Demo)

#331 Post by risingdreams »

Lovely art, plus best idea EVAR.
icon from x_dirge_icons@LJ

LinWest
Regular
Projects: Painted Walls, Pyrexia, & a secret

#332 Post by LinWest »

Aleema wrote: Naughty! Owen's married! And he's like ... your brother!
Owen is a hottie. Do want.

Can I has? ;3
Lin West @Deviant Art

Working on:

sporkysan
Regular

#333 Post by sporkysan »

Aleema wrote:Changing your "base of operations" will change the BG pics in the game, giving the scenes a different atmosphere. And, you'll get the bonuses (stress and beats per cycle). Also, heads up, some scenes might require you to have moved out of the bar, just FYI. ;)
"I like where this is going. So want to come over to my friend's loft for a romantic evening? No?"

Cause its weird to confess to a girl in her male best friend's/brother's place. And the loft isn't romantic at all.
LinWest wrote:Owen is a hottie. Do want.
If he wasn't married, I would totally second that. Robin may be bitch, but I don't think she is a homewreaker.

aya001
Regular

#334 Post by aya001 »

More new updates, Good ^^. I like the idea of getting options to rent different places, it makes it even more realistic, this game is getting more and more better, each new update. And I love the Love path, and for what you said they are long and long, XDDDD GOOD ^^ Thanks for the updates ^^

Setha

#335 Post by Setha »

I somehow stumbled onto this site at 4 in the morning, and was awed. I promptly passed out, woke up, downloaded the demo and was awed all over again. I think I may have made several squee noises too...maybe. >.>

Amazing. Really just amazing. The demo made me laugh out loud, the characters were all very unique and the emotion you conveyed through your writing was really touching and very real. I'm really looking forward to playing the full game!

Also, I'm sure you have tons of awesome people working with you on this game, but if you needed another editor, I'd be willing to volunteer. It's what I went to school for, but I'm not using the skills right now.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#336 Post by Aleema »

An editor!? I might take you up on your offer. :D
I don't think I would have had nearly as good of writing if it wasn't for my awesome editors unknown5 and Chansel for the demo.

Thank you for your compliments! I'm constantly working on the game. Writing a scene right now. ;)

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#337 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

That was sooooo amazing. Seriously, absolutely brilliant and I have only played the demo. I wait with bated breath.

First and foremost, the actual graphics and interface is awesome. Clean, easy to understand and very professional. But the one thing that really got me was the writing. You didn't over do the descriptors and null the whole visual part of the a visual novel and the lines were full of so much personality. I could imagine the scenes playing out very clearly. I even want to do fan art of it because I got so excited (as soon as I have time), the characters enchanted me.

The only thing I found wrong was a small typo that you may already be aware of. It was in one of the instructional pages in the last paragraph, the gig one I think, where things was misspelled tings. Or something like that.

Good luck with, defiantly looking forward to it.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#338 Post by Aleema »

FANART OMG MY HEART ASPLODE

*ahem*

:D Thank you for pointing out the typo! I used to be a horrible, horrible speller. My teachers would make fun of me and everything. =P Wait. I'm not sure how that was relevant. I was going to tie that into something, sorry. It's really late here right now. xD

I'm glad you were impressed with the demo. Yay! Even more pressure for a good game! Hahaha. (Kidding. The pressure is mostly from myself.) Well. If I can get good beta-testers that aren't afraid to tell me the truth, then perhaps ... perhaps it will be all right. :)

Thank you again. <3

CaesMRaenes
Regular
Projects: 軽い夏, The Aces

#339 Post by CaesMRaenes »

Aleema wrote:I'm glad you were impressed with the demo. Yay! Even more pressure for a good game! Hahaha. (Kidding. The pressure is mostly from myself.) Well. If I can get good beta-testers that aren't afraid to tell me the truth, then perhaps ... perhaps it will be all right. :)
Ah heck in the banana sandwich, did I just hear that you'll be needing beta-testers? Well, you totally piqued my interest. The only other thing I've officially tested/proofed was Errant Heart. If you would like to see how critical I can get (i.e. rip and tear and be aware - har har), check out my post on page 4 (from last I checked) for this contest:
http://xlionheartx.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2u7i0f

I'm under the name DragonfaeryYume btw. ;D
a.k.a. DragonfaeryYume on dA
The Vault in the Sky (Dev Blog)

Projects:
WIP The Aces
WIP (Head Artist) 軽い夏: The Sun Will Shine Through (tentative title)

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#340 Post by Aleema »

Uh oh. You know a lot on shading. You're gonna keeeel meeee. xD

I would LOVE for you to do some beta-testing. Of course, there would need to be a beta to test. Hehe.
As of right now, I am looking for editors to look over individual paths. So, of course, you would need to be okay with spoiling it for yourself ...

Next, I'll probably need people to try out the mini-games and tell me what they think.

But as soon as I have a working beta, at least for story-mode, you're on my call list. :D

blakjak
Veteran

#341 Post by blakjak »

These new character sprites are nice, what instrument is Natasha gonna play ?

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#342 Post by Aleema »

Natasha's instrument is not yet decided. I originally pictured her a singer, but she can't do primarily that if she's in the band that Robin was the singer of. I've moved her to keyboards for the moment. Thinking about giving her the bass ...^^

blakjak
Veteran

#343 Post by blakjak »

Funny enough when I tried to picture her role I thought that she would be a singer or keyboard :shock:

Well, she could do back up vocals. I think her design is really cool. What about Liz ? What's her game ?

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#344 Post by Aleema »

Liz has been dissolved! She no longer exists!
She is now ... Jammy (Jamie)! A drummer. xD

blakjak
Veteran

#345 Post by blakjak »

Lol !

I just found out while browsing the website :mrgreen:

btw, your story category returns an under construct link.