Fantasia Requiem of The Abyss (GXB)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
FoxyYoko
Regular

Re: Fantasia Requiem of The Abyss (GXB)

#316 Post by FoxyYoko »

I just wake up from my grave 0.o and I ask one stupid question after a lot of time after the game was realesed .. nut heck . I missed some things .. 0.0 I don't know how .. Um .. is there some of a secret ending .. 'cause I may swear that Thanos talk more to me in my dreams 0...0

Doggy Nino
Regular
Projects: Crystal Hearts (Discontinued)

#317 Post by Doggy Nino »

Just wanted to say your really are amazing Azure! I love Volg he's so funny and weird. ( Yes I luv the naive hero types!) This a great game you've got alot of potential in my opinion! I can't wait for the final fantasia VN. You truly did a good job! Long live Fantasia and Azure! *Miggles bounces up and down then begins to do a cheer in your honor*
"In our world of big names, curiously, our true heroes tend to be anonymous. In this life of illusion and quasi-illusion, the person of solid virtues who can be admired for something more substantial than his well-knownness often proves to be the unsung hero: the teacher, the nurse, the mother, the honest cop, the hard worker at lonely, underpaid, unglamorous, unpublicized jobs." -Daniel J. Boorstin

HikariGlow

#318 Post by HikariGlow »

Thank you so much for releasing the game azureXtwilight! Ever since I played the first game, I've waited for the sequel. When it came out, I thought it would be like the first, but it went beyond from what I expected with the bigger cast, storyline, and games. I really liked everyone in the game especially Cain and Nazim during their endings. Valen was pretty awesome in the game with her powers. I hope you can still be inspired and keep working on the final installment of the Fantasia series. Fighting! (I kind of thought that Thanos was going to be a potential candidate in the next game with everything that happened in the true ending...but that would be a weird paradox or something^_^;)

ElementalButterfly
Regular

#319 Post by ElementalButterfly »

I love this game! its one-of-a-kind. I usually don't play a game more than once, but i really want to play this game again and again. LOVE THE TRUE ENDING !!! THE BEST!!!
I did cain's endings first, so when i played the other endings, i felt so sad for cain >_< . The true ending is so fitting, cuz you usually manipulate the guys for the , but cain loved valen from THE BEGINNING!! SO AWESOME!!!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#320 Post by azureXtwilight »

HikariGlow wrote: (I kind of thought that Thanos was going to be a potential candidate in the next game with everything that happened in the true ending...but that would be a weird paradox or something^_^;)
But he is XD
ElementalButterfly wrote:I love this game! its one-of-a-kind. I usually don't play a game more than once, but i really want to play this game again and again. LOVE THE TRUE ENDING !!! THE BEST!!!
I did cain's endings first, so when i played the other endings, i felt so sad for cain >_< . The true ending is so fitting, cuz you usually manipulate the guys for the , but cain loved valen from THE BEGINNING!! SO AWESOME!!!
I'm glad you enjoy it! :D

ElementalButterfly
Regular

#321 Post by ElementalButterfly »

azureXtwilight wrote:I'm glad you enjoy it! :D
Yup! can't wait for the final one. =D

HikariGlow

#322 Post by HikariGlow »

azureXtwilight wrote:
HikariGlow wrote: (I kind of thought that Thanos was going to be a potential candidate in the next game with everything that happened in the true ending...but that would be a weird paradox or something^_^;)
But he is XD

Really! Now that makes me more excited to play it :lol: Hope you stay in good shape to finish it! :)

Abeiramar
Regular

#323 Post by Abeiramar »

I've been playing this VN... The music is super nice, the background art is good, the writing is fine so far... I'm just sad because the art needs improvement :oops: . I'm sorry, I enjoy your VNs a lot, trust me! However, you need to improve the art...
I want to help you, I hope you don't mind if I post this:

If you feel offended with this post I will delete it, don't worry.

ElementalButterfly
Regular

#324 Post by ElementalButterfly »

Abeiramar wrote:I've been playing this VN... The music is super nice, the background art is good, the writing is fine so far... I'm just sad because the art needs improvement :oops: . I'm sorry, I enjoy your VNs a lot, trust me! However, you need to improve the art...
I want to help you, I hope you don't mind if I post this:

If you feel offended with this post I will delete it, don't worry.
don't some manga artists draw bangs over eyes? I think drawing-bangs-over-eyes is a style.

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#325 Post by sayuri »

It's true that it's a stylistic thing but, from what I've seen, it's about selective characters. I mean, I thought Volg had a cat eye :P. I think it's either less noticeable in the MoGF sprites or it just works better. What you said about the eyes is valid, in my opinion.

ElementalButterfly
Regular

#326 Post by ElementalButterfly »

sayuri wrote:It's true that it's a stylistic thing but, from what I've seen, it's about selective characters. I mean, I thought Volg had a cat eye :P. I think it's either less noticeable in the MoGF sprites or it just works better. What you said about the eyes is valid, in my opinion.
Yup, byakuya has bangs over his eyes. >:D Its an awesome style. =D

Aquane
Veteran

#327 Post by Aquane »

Uhhm... I feel offended FOR Azure... I on one hand love her artwork to death, its unique and nothing needs to be perfect. ALSO she has already improved, go see the WIP for her next game and play the demo. Maybe not everything you said that should be improved, but I still love it... aha.. it was kinda painful to read that post.... also I mean no offense by that myself XD Its just... I personally found it a little rude to just suddenly insert your "tips" on here.. I mean its pretty clear that ANYONE can have room for improvement, Azure probably knows this :P Cause we all see good artwork everyday and artists tend to compare their work with others (This is how I improve anyway) Though... thats my opinion... I wouldn't have posted something like that.

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#328 Post by sayuri »

Aquane wrote:Uhhm... I feel offended FOR Azure... I on one hand love her artwork to death, its unique and nothing needs to be perfect. ALSO she has already improved, go see the WIP for her next game and play the demo. Maybe not everything you said that should be improved, but I still love it... aha.. it was kinda painful to read that post....
Listen, even the OP says, if the post is offensive, they'd delete it. I love azure's art and I respect her a bunch. Still, I don't think that azure would admonish anybody giving constructive criticism. It's been a year from the time azure first posted the WIP thread for RotA to when the MoGF thread was posted. Her art has improved HUGELY since then. I think she'll continue to improve but she won't improve as much without feedback :).

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#329 Post by MaiMai »

Aquane wrote:Uhhm... I feel offended FOR Azure... I on one hand love her artwork to death, its unique and nothing needs to be perfect. ALSO she has already improved, go see the WIP for her next game and play the demo. Maybe not everything you said that should be improved, but I still love it... aha.. it was kinda painful to read that post....
What Sayuri said was pretty much right on-- as for what you said Aquane, it's true that Azure improved, but it's pretty much a given that there's always, always, always, ALWAYS room for improvement. And I repeated that four times because it's pretty darn important. Of course there's no need for perfection, but Abeiramar was in no way implying that. She was specifically saying outright that Azure could fix up the things she pointed out in the screencaps provided. And she was VERY polite when addressing this towards Azure so I don't see why you have to be offended.

As for myself, I personally find a charm in Azure's character art-- Unique, yes I suppose, but I'm not afraid to say that there's still some refinement that could be applied, some of them already addressed by Abeiramar

Of course, art in a VN sometimes doesn't have to be really, really, good to be enjoyed, but it's a definite plus (and really, good art is pretty much a standard). I mean, look at art from a VN like Tsukihime. The art in it... Isn't spectacular, but it certainly got the point across and Tsukihime became wildly popular. The artist Takeuchi Takashi probably got a lot of criticism for what he drew regardless of how good the VN was. He got better as he worked with Kinoko Nasu on Kagetsu Tohya and the Melty Bood series.

And now look at how he improved for Fate/Stay Night.

Am I saying that Azure should go down this road like Takeuchi? Absolutely not. Every artist goes at their own pace. What I AM saying is that there is nothing wrong with anyone on this forum giving criticism to what they think can be improved in terms of self-drawn art in a VN. There is nothing wrong with telling Azure that she could improve her art. Regardless, as she has already proved, it won't stop making her from creating enjoyable VNs, with good stories, fun characters ,and with her upcoming VN, the RPG element will also add more fun.

Remember, this forum is for making criticisms and giving helpful advice that are not without reason. It's so we can help each other make awesome VNs in terms of visuals, gameplay, storyline, and anything else that helps make the game for what it is.

Congratulations, you have prompted me to make a tl;dr post :twisted:

EDIT: This is why I shouldn't post at night I got people mixed up in my post. Sigh I am dumb
Last edited by MaiMai on Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#330 Post by Aleema »

Interesting. While I agree that Azure and everyone can always use improvement, I wonder if your tips were focus too much on a specific style? Rules like "don't draw bangs over the eyes" and how to draw noses seems like highly stylized rules, meant to be broken. ;) You should probably give more anatomy tips than rules to live by, then we can all learn from them. :D