Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~ Arc II - Ocean Tide v1.0

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Sakurazaki
Veteran
Projects: Aquae ~CCW~, Consonance

Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~ Arc II - Ocean Tide v1.0

#1 Post by Sakurazaki »

Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~ is a fantasy/adventure genre visual novel by R3 Productions. Part of Project Aquaria, this is the first game in a trilogy. The first conceptual story was started on January of 2008, Aquae has been in the works for about a year now.

The game itself is going to be released in chapters or Arcs, as the staff of R3 would like to call it. Aquae is slated to have 3-4 Arcs. Once Aquae is completed, there will be a collective release with all Arcs and extras in it.

The game is to be an estimated 2-3 Hours playtime total. The current story has over 25,000 words and going strong.

Progress thread for Aquae: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 42&start=0
If you haven't played Arc I, go here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 39&start=0

People of all ages and races are astonished by the beauty and underlying rage of the big blue mass that coats most of our world. Many things are unknown about the sea, and many things have been made up about the magic and mystery because no one really knows. One particular myth is that of the mermaid; half human, half fish, able to breathe underwater and sing most beautifully. Most people now discard such stories, following logic's explanation that such creatures are impossible, but what if they were wrong?

The city of Murone [Mu-row-neh] is one that resides below the surface, merpeople and other types of sea dwelling creatures live in this warm water haven. Merpeople fear the above world for several reasons. The main concern is discovery. How would the humans react to finding that merpeople really did exist? Most merpeople shudder to think. However, some merpeople venture out of their watery haven and explore the world above at their own risk.

There are two islands near Murone: Ibis and Ibon. Each are home to humans and forest creatures. Ibis is larger in size and is currently hosting the Summer Festival. A giant bridge connects the two isles.

Now fate will bring the sea and the land together...the fate of both lay in the hands of a small group...

Will history be re-written, as waves upon the sand? ....
Or will bloodshed remain?

These features are available in the Single Arc Version (Arc I, II, or III) of Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~
-Rich Event and Character CGs
-Customized main menu
-3D background CGs

These features are available in the Extended Version (Compiled Arc Version) of Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~
-Features from the Single Arc Version
-Custom music
-CG Gallery
-Intro Video and Epilogue Video
-Music Gallery
-Improved CGs

Why the Single Arc Version and the Compiled Arc Version?
1. The single arc version is kind of there for time convenience as usually most of the staff members are busy throughout the year.
2. The Compiled Arc Version is going to be a revised version that will be done mostly by Rei Hirai (the chara artist and yours truly.) I realize my art isn't up to standards most of the time and I'm rather unsatisfied with myself for most of the art done on tablet for this work. So I'm going to improve while working on Aquae and put it to good use in the compiled version.
3. As such there will be new features as listed above along with storyline extensions by the writers if they feel inclined.
4. The compiled arc version will be the polished gem instead of the rough diamonds seen in the single arc version. Meaning....it's going to be an epic release.
5. In case you don't want to dl all of the arcs one by one, the compiled arc version is there so you can play through the whole game at once if needed.

The single arc versions will be updated as needed, if there are bugfixes or fixed artwork, and it will def. be re-released during the Compiled Version's debut.

Programmer-Rika and Ryoko
Story-Rika and Ryoko
Music Coordinator-Rezznik
Composer - Nicol Armarfi
GUI design- Rezznik
Art- Rei Sakurazaki
Colorist-Kaorien
Editor-Rika and Ryoko
Background Artist-Rezznik
Logo-Hanzo Kimura/Ry Yuuki
Beta Testers-MarianFrae and Ereth

Linux: http://www.mediafire.com/?dvahbmnhoih4rlp
Windows: http://www.mediafire.com/?ot7ltdjgwlz313v
Mac: http://www.mediafire.com/?rwreb29dgbdqyq0

NOTE: We are willing to upload to other places, just let us know

On behalf of the staff of Project Aquaria, please enjoy the 2nd part of the visual novel.
Last edited by Sakurazaki on Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
ARC I - Summer Lights: Image
ARC II - Ocean Tide: Image

Rezznik
Regular
Projects: Aquae, Consonance

Re: Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~ Arc II - Ocean Tide v1.0

#2 Post by Rezznik »

It's finally here :D.
Online Portfolio:
Background Artist, Musical Supervisor, QA Assurance: Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~
To those who are wondering what happened to Consonance, it has been put aside for the time being due to my job situation.

Sakurazaki
Veteran

#3 Post by Sakurazaki »

Also don't forget to check out the new first arc if you haven't already!

ANNND NEW ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING R3!.....I wonder what it is: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=7896

Abeiramar
Regular

#4 Post by Abeiramar »

I'm going to play this *o* !! Congratulations for your release :D !

Starling
Regular
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards

#5 Post by Starling »

Downloading this and the new version of the first arc. I'm exciteeddd, but I won't get to play until tomorrow because I really need to sleep.
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

Qookies
Regular

#6 Post by Qookies »

YAY! IT'S OUT!!!!!!!!

Mirage
Veteran

#7 Post by Mirage »

Some stuff I noticed:

- The sfx of the sea can't be muted.
- The sprite for Erika has color differences in the hair, making her looks like she is shining when she is talking.

Aside from that, well done. The arts look much better than the original first game~ Looking forward to the last arc!

Sakurazaki
Veteran

#8 Post by Sakurazaki »

Mirage, thanks for your bug-catching. I'll be sure to fix it sometime in the next version.

Starling
Regular
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards

#9 Post by Starling »

The story keeps getting better, I was sad to see it end. I cannot wait for the next part.
And I'm really proud of myself for calling the person in the cave as being the mother XD As soon as she was like: Erika? I was all MOTHER IS IN THE CAVE YAYAYAY.... >_> XD
Good job guys :D
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

Rezznik
Regular

#10 Post by Rezznik »

Thanks for the comments everyone, they're really appreciated! Be sure to look forward to our new epic project Consonance :).
Online Portfolio:
Background Artist, Musical Supervisor, QA Assurance: Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~
To those who are wondering what happened to Consonance, it has been put aside for the time being due to my job situation.

Malvodius

#11 Post by Malvodius »

I realy like it! Keep the good work
Apollo Justice: Turnabout Substitution (+7 h gameplay) COMPLETED
http://forums.court-records.net/games/a ... 13200.html

machinist
Regular

#12 Post by machinist »

awesome i'll go playing then come back to comment on finishing it :)

Victoria
Regular
Projects: The Lady Minus Y

#13 Post by Victoria »

It was really nice; I loved the music, loved the art, and loved the story and an unexpected twist.
I didn't even think that Erika could be a mermaid, but almost from the start, I considered the theory of Kaizarel's mom being the mermaid, as her body was never found; and I was really glad that it was that way =D
Just a question, even if they broke the rule, why were Elders so harsh on them if they brought back one of the sources to their power? Punishment is okay, but leaving them to be eaten by little fish was... cruel.
Click here for a cross-dressing Otome!

Sakurazaki
Veteran

#14 Post by Sakurazaki »

To answer Victoria:
I got a direct answer from one of the writers:

They were punished for a few reasons reasons-1. Frain and Ry ventured up to the human world without permission (which is already a grave offense). 2. They did manage to bring the remaining Tear of the Goddess back, but at the cost of also causing a whole new mess: Erika will now come after Murone, which leads us to the third reason. 3. Because of this, there is the real threat of Murone being discovered/destroyed. 5. They have to keep them silent about the Tears, since now they know about it. There is the chance that a mer, like Erika, would steal it for their own uses. Indirect reason 5: They brought back a human. Oops.

Also Kaizarel is imprisoned because if they let him out, the Elders think that he would blab.

Rezznik
Regular

#15 Post by Rezznik »

We managed to break my personal goal of reaching the 100+ DL barrier in less than 24 hours! Thanks everyone :).
Online Portfolio: