(Otome Game)Yo-Jin-Bo The Bodyguards : Unmei no Freude

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
nefferinthia
Regular

Re: (Otome Game)Yo-Jin-Bo The Bodyguards : Unmei no Freude

#31 Post by nefferinthia »

Ah, thanks guys for clearing that up; I am so going to beg my parents for money to buy the game now. You're making it sound really awesome~ <3

ElementalButterfly
Regular

#32 Post by ElementalButterfly »

Red Lilies wrote:
ElementalButterfly wrote: Yeah. ^_^ Which ending was your favorite?
That's actually a tough one. I really liked things about all of them, though with Bo's and Mugenshige's though the latter has such a funny CG in the cave. I guess in overall completeness, it would have to be Jin's because
The princess comes back and get her body back but you still get the guy and without losing your family and life. Plus since it is implied a lot that Jin's life has been rather unforgiving, he gets a second chance.
Bo's was the cutest, fitting with his character and
he got some of the best kissing CGs when Sayori wants to be a ninja and when they are falling through the air
I also really liked Mon-Mon's because
it took into account the rest of the world and I really liked the idea of them ending up in the Wild West.
And of course, Ittosai's was awesome because
HE TOTALLY OWED THE BAD GUY. No fuse, no long drawn out "I must beat this evil controlling powder" He simply was bada**ed to even have the bad guy be a challenge. XD And he takes on God for you. And he gets the most ridiculously cheesy lines
Yours?
I liked Jin's ending, because
hatsuhime got her body back married the person she loved, not some random guy. and sayori was reunited with jin in the real world. ^^
(but when i played the other endings, i was saying "i like this one better" then i play the another ending and say the same thing. >_<

ElementalButterfly
Regular

#33 Post by ElementalButterfly »

Harumi Fujyoshi wrote:Ah, thanks guys for clearing that up; I am so going to beg my parents for money to buy the game now. You're making it sound really awesome~ <3
It is super awesome. ^^

ElementalButterfly
Regular

#34 Post by ElementalButterfly »

sayuri wrote:
Glazed Donuts wrote:I just now noticed the dialog in the screenshots o.o is that the direct translation from the Japanese version? was it intended to be full of humor and puns? (and a rock track?)
The translation isn't 100% direct just because some of the puns don't cross cultures well. If you listen to the Japanese voices you can sometimes pick out the English words used in jokes, so I'd say that 85% of the jokes were the exact translation. But all the humor and puns and rock music were intended in the Japanese version.
Although it wasn't 100% translation, i loved it. :D You?

Red Lilies
Regular

#35 Post by Red Lilies »

ElementalButterfly wrote:
sayuri wrote:
Glazed Donuts wrote:I just now noticed the dialog in the screenshots o.o is that the direct translation from the Japanese version? was it intended to be full of humor and puns? (and a rock track?)
The translation isn't 100% direct just because some of the puns don't cross cultures well. If you listen to the Japanese voices you can sometimes pick out the English words used in jokes, so I'd say that 85% of the jokes were the exact translation. But all the humor and puns and rock music were intended in the Japanese version.
While some people might feel of put because it was clear that liberties were taken in translation, I was really glad they did. Usually it was replacing a pun that might not be recognized by a non-Japanese culture and inserted a western one. And the puns were almost always just what they should be, making the game more appealing to a Western audience. Even though I might have gotten some of the Japanese puns, when they were Western ones, they were ones from my childhood and such and it felt so much cooler and closer to home. So the translation was really well done in my opinion. :)
"Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops" - Mortimer Brewster, Arsenic and Old Lace

ElementalButterfly
Regular

#36 Post by ElementalButterfly »

Red Lilies wrote:
ElementalButterfly wrote:
sayuri wrote:The translation isn't 100% direct just because some of the puns don't cross cultures well. If you listen to the Japanese voices you can sometimes pick out the English words used in jokes, so I'd say that 85% of the jokes were the exact translation. But all the humor and puns and rock music were intended in the Japanese version.
While some people might feel of put because it was clear that liberties were taken in translation, I was really glad they did. Usually it was replacing a pun that might not be recognized by a non-Japanese culture and inserted a western one. And the puns were almost always just what they should be, making the game more appealing to a Western audience. Even though I might have gotten some of the Japanese puns, when they were Western ones, they were ones from my childhood and such and it felt so much cooler and closer to home. So the translation was really well done in my opinion. :)
YAY! me too. After opening this topic, i feel like playing this vn again. ^_^

Red Lilies
Regular

#37 Post by Red Lilies »

ElementalButterfly wrote: YAY! me too. After opening this topic, i feel like playing this vn again. ^_^
Lol, me too. Such great advertising to ourselves we've done. XD
"Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops" - Mortimer Brewster, Arsenic and Old Lace

ElementalButterfly
Regular

#38 Post by ElementalButterfly »

Red Lilies wrote:
ElementalButterfly wrote: YAY! me too. After opening this topic, i feel like playing this vn again. ^_^
Lol, me too. Such great advertising to ourselves we've done. XD
Yeah :lol: . Look at this sreenshot! I agree to Mon-Mon XDImage

machinist
Regular

#39 Post by machinist »

ahahahahah lol that screenshot is hilarious

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#40 Post by sayuri »

Don't forget how Bo (frouffy ice queen) and Ittosai (glasses wearing sociopath ) come in and are like "What did you say?" XDDDD

ElementalButterfly
Regular

#41 Post by ElementalButterfly »

sayuri wrote:Don't forget how Bo (frouffy ice queen) and Ittosai (glasses wearing sociopath ) come in and are like "What did you say?" XDDDD
I know,i love that part. ^^

YonYonYon
Veteran
Projects: Nightflower(Frozen), Reach the Starlight(WIP)

#42 Post by YonYonYon »

I really love episode with belts( or whatever O.o ), after hot springs event.
Poor Ittosai *giggle*
ImageImage

ElementalButterfly
Regular

#43 Post by ElementalButterfly »

YonYonYon wrote:I really love episode with belts( or whatever O.o ), after hot springs event.
Poor Ittosai *giggle*
Sayori was definitely peeking on them. The part when mon-mon was giving massage to muneshige was hilarious (misunderstanding moment) =D

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#44 Post by sayuri »

YonYonYon wrote:I really love episode with belts( or whatever O.o ), after hot springs event.
Poor Ittosai *giggle*
Ahh, I think that's my favorite part. I love how Ittosai starts off as a badass but the idiocy of everybody else rubs off on him. But he will always remain the straight-man :lol:. The singing part, oh my god. "Beauty beauty, beauty bella~"
"BEAUTY BEAUTY."

ElementalButterfly
Regular

#45 Post by ElementalButterfly »

sayuri wrote:
Poor Ittosai *giggle*
Ahh, I think that's my favorite part. I love how Ittosai starts off as a badass but the idiocy of everybody else rubs off on him. But he will always remain the straight-man :lol:. The singing part, oh my god. "Beauty beauty, beauty bella~"
"BEAUTY BEAUTY."
me too. =D