(WIP) (GxB) Return to my life

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Ametrya
Regular
Projects: Return to my life

(WIP) (GxB) Return to my life

#1 Post by Ametrya »

Hello, this is my first VN project, and it's an idea I had long ago that was going to be a RPG.
I'm posting it to force myself to work on it eventually, though I'm very busy with my university classes these times.

-It's going to be very non linear, it's NOT going to have interactive fights.
-The art will probably be in a children's book style. Definitively not anime/manga.
-There will be several non romantic endings
-It's not going to have the typical structure for the endings (one good and one bad ending for each guy + 1 'true' ending), as there won't be a single 'best' ending and most of the bad endings won't be related to the guys.

PROGRESS
Story: 90%
Programming: 10%
Backgrounds: 0%
Sprites: 0%
Music: 0%

STORY:

You play as Saith, a female general from a land of sorcerers, who has been sent by her empire's ruler Haiyen (who's also her close friend since several years ago) to capture a strange tribe that seemed to appear out of nowhere. You arrive to the place where they were hiding, outnumbering them, and while your soldiers casts magic on the people, you seek for their leader who was often called a "life source" for the people of that tribe.
Together with a young soldier (Tamrel), you manage to find that leader, Alifiyan, but he casts a spell on you two.

When you awake, you're alone and with the appearance you had when you were only 5 years old.
A female wandering merchant was taking care of you, and she didn't know anything about your city, about the tribe you were following, or about the deity you worshipped. Everything, including that woman, looked very different to what you've seen before.
You remember that capturing Alifiyan was an urgent matter, but you didn't really know why were you following emperor Haiyen's orders, why you joined the military, why you went to the Academy during so many years... you didn't have amnesia, but all your motivations suddenly seemed confusing. So you didn't even know if it was a good idea to return or not.

Later you start dreaming about different events that happened during your whole life, slowly trying to understand what your motivations were, and deciding what to do.
(You'll have choices when 'remembering' previous events, so you can decide your past!)

CHARACTERS

General Saith: The protagonist, a 27 years old smart woman who enjoys art and sciences. She's often smiling and rarely ever gets angry. Turned into a 5 years old.

AVAILABLE GUYS:

Tamrel: The 19 years old soldier who was under Saith's command and got attacked by the spell. He's Saith's partner during most of the game. He's very introverted and serious, a bit careless, but has great ambitions. He got transformed by Alifiyan into a floating arm.

Emperor Haiyen: 36 years old, ruler of Saith's land. Wise and extroverted, liked and trusted by everyone, and used to spend an awful lot of time at the Academy where Saith used to study. Loves luxury and seems unable to keep secrets. He was married to Saith's aunt Sariel, but they didn't have any children and she died.

Alifiyan: 29 years old, the "source of life" leader of the strange tribe, who used his spell on Saith. Saith doesn't knows anything about him, and neither does the emperor. He actually seems like a very sweet person.

Klain: 31 years old, Saith used to be attracted to him when she was little, and gives her the image of a 'dark prince'. He's the brother of Saith's closest childhood friend, Rimnelia. He's a musician.

Guikatl: 35 years old, a man from the tribe Saith was pursuing, who seems to hate you and your land too much.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

FRIENDS:

Princess Mirabel: 12 years old spoiled princess of the land to the which Saith arrives. She has many gadgets to protect herself.

Laura: 26 years old, a female wandering merchant that always appears at very convenient times trying to sell weird stuff. She's always in a hurry, and laughs too much, specially to hide her anger sometimes.

Sariel: Saith's aunt, only 5 years older than her. Dead by the beggining of the story. She used to be very close to Saith, like a sister, and she was married to Haiyen.

General Rimnelia: 27 years old, Saith's childhood friend. Both share a similar interest for art, specially music and ballet. Rimnelia is more serious and expresses her negative emotions more often than Saith.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

DEITIES:

Goddess of passion: The goddess that people worship in the place to the which Saith arrives. She supposedly lives in a tower that she never leaves.

God of wisdom: The creator and essence of Saith's world, who talks to important people like Haiyen ocassionally (actually, it was the god of wisdom who chose Haiyen as the emperor), though he doesn's seems to have a physical body.
Last edited by Ametrya on Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:04 am, edited 8 times in total.

Red Lilies
Regular

Re: (WIP) (GxB) Return to my life

#2 Post by Red Lilies »

Ametrya wrote:
Tamrel: The 19 years old soldier who was under your command and got attacked by the spell. He's your partner during most of the game. He's very introverted, with good intentions, but is a bit careless most of the time. He got transformed into a floating arm.
...floating arm? Ok, even if the rest of this was unappealing (which it isn't at all) I'd play this just because of this. Because the idea of a person stuck as a floating arm is awesome in an unexplainable, creepy way. XP
"Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops" - Mortimer Brewster, Arsenic and Old Lace

Ametrya
Regular

#3 Post by Ametrya »

Red Lilies wrote:
Ametrya wrote:
Tamrel: The 19 years old soldier who was under your command and got attacked by the spell. He's your partner during most of the game. He's very introverted, with good intentions, but is a bit careless most of the time. He got transformed into a floating arm.
...floating arm? Ok, even if the rest of this was unappealing (which it isn't at all) I'd play this just because of this. Because the idea of a person stuck as a floating arm is awesome in an unexplainable, creepy way. XP
:lol:
Anyway, probably I'll make him be two arms chained to each other instead of only one, to make him more "expressive".

Ametrya
Regular

#4 Post by Ametrya »

Whoops, I just realized that some of the information may lead some into finding very cliche elements.

-The empire is good and happy. Haiyen isn't really hiding anything, and Saith doesn't starts as 'evil'.
-There is no relation between the Goddess of Passion and Laura the wandering marchant.
-Nobody is trying to destroy the world, not even to survive.
-Saith isn't really the "lady of war" stereotype.

I'll try posting some drawing soons, but I'm still very undecided about the style. I'll try giving it a fairy-tale atmosphere.

nefferinthia
Regular

#5 Post by nefferinthia »

Sounds really nice so far! I can't wait to see some 'fairytale'-like art from you ^-^

Ametrya
Regular

#6 Post by Ametrya »

Um, I had some problems with my tablet, it doesn't works on my computer anymore (and I'm not allowed to install the drivers at my university's computers).

Soo, it's going to be a bit delayed :(

I already chose the available guys, and added a bit of information to the story (last lines).

Raijenki
Regular

#7 Post by Raijenki »

Another Visual Novel I'll be following the development.
Personally, I'd like to comment some points:
-The art will probably be in a children's book style. Definitively not anime/manga.
It would look interesting for backgrounds, but I think it might look awkward in characters. Well, I'm not sure about the "awkward" part, since what I'm thinking may be different from you. Mind giving me a sample?
-There will be several non romantic endings
-It's not going to have the typical structure for the endings (one good and one bad ending for each guy + 1 'true' ending), as there won't be a single 'best' ending and most of the bad endings won't be related to the guys.
So it'll be like Fate/Stay Night and its Dead/Bad ends? For what you said, we can die in the worsest way possible, right?

btw, is Alifyan related to some God? That kind of spell might be hard to do in any world of games :P
I found the plot very interesting (mainly the fact you can change your own future).

I wish you luck!

Ametrya
Regular

#8 Post by Ametrya »

It would look interesting for backgroun ... haracters.
lol, backgrounds don't really change much in different styles, and people don't normally care much about them since they're not the focus.
It'll probably be a realistic style, sightly simplified, and with pastel/watery colors. I'm still not decided though, I'd prefer to wait until I can make some of them myself, but I'm still having problems with my tablet...
So it'll be like Fate/Stay Night and its Dead/Bad ends? For what you said, we can die in the worsest way possible, right?
I haven't played that game. Anyway I don't plan to make the protagonist die horribly and in several different ways, though there are a couple death endings planned. Those won't be complete "you failed, game over" endings though.
btw, is Alifyan related to some God? That kind of spell might be hard to do in any world of games
No, he isn't. He's powerful but definitively not as much as the gods, and he wouldn't want to get in trouble with them either.
I wish you luck!
Thanks!

ElementalButterfly
Regular

#9 Post by ElementalButterfly »

Good luck! ^_^