RockRobin - Band Manager (Demo)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: RockRobin - Band Manager (w/Demo)

#346 Post by Aleema »

Yes ... the website is like my bastard child at the moment. I'm trying to ignore it and telling myself "it's all cool." Sooner or later it will NEED attention, though. Heh.

Only the characters button is working. X_X I will update those pages today. I've been telling myself "you should be writing the game, not messing around on webpages." Haha. But, well, the game deserves it!

blakjak
Veteran

#347 Post by blakjak »

It does, the game is definitely the priority =)

lookoutbelow

#348 Post by lookoutbelow »

I love this game so far from what I've seen in the demo and the stuff you have planned (such as the fake forum topics in-game). The detail and dedication you're putting into this is amazing and I'll admit that I joined this forum just to say so.

Also, the chance to beta-test something sounds exciting but, seeing as I'm terrible at critique, I won't jump all over and beg you to pick me. If you need spellcheck services, though, I'm all for that. <3 Mostly because it's the only thing I can do.

Anyway, this game really excites me and I'm just bouncing in my seat waiting for it :D

Aiurax
Regular
Projects: Becoming Wishful

#349 Post by Aiurax »

Just got back from wee ole Scotland on the Saturday, so I haven't been able to see the progress of Rock Robin til now.
And I must say, I'm envious - extremely. I could never attempt to do what you're doing and survive til the end product. I think I'd go stark-raving bonkers, if I be perfectly honest :)

Anywho. It all looks super awesome pirate ninja great! And with my writers block finally unhinged I'll be spending a lot more time on the 'uter. So please, sit back, relax and.. Expect some more trolling from me!

blakjak
Veteran

#350 Post by blakjak »

I'm working on a Natasha fan art ^__^

Here's a temp line art, I still need to draw keyboards + colors, in a hopefully near future .

Keep up the good work !

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#351 Post by Aleema »

Whooooa! Blakjak! That's awesome! You always make me squeal when you do fanart ... it's so awesome. <3 <3

I've updated Natasha's colors, since I thought just a red/black was a bit boring, what do you think? (Thanks to the guys from the RR forum for input.)
Natasha_preview.png
@lookoutbelow: Wow! Cool! Another converted Lemma-nite! Spelling is always important. xD Thanks for taking the time to post and to offer your help ~ That means a lot to me and the others. ;) Welcome and don't be afraid to jump right into convo's ... And don't be afraid to give me feedback. :D

@Aiurax: You're back! Yay! I was afraid I chased you away with the character contest. ^^;; Just Scotland, eh? Sounds pretty damn cool. I am quite surprised with myself that I am still going strong, but it's hard not to with the support and contributions from you guys. So troll away! xD
Last edited by Aleema on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#352 Post by sayuri »

I VERY much like Natasha's new colors. Black and red is over done for rock stars anyway. I'm not sure how to describe it... she looks like Marilyn Monroe.

blakjak
Veteran

#353 Post by blakjak »

Aleema wrote:I've updated Natasha's colors, since I thought just a red/black was a bit boring, what do you think? (Thanks to the guys from the RR forum for input.)
I think they're more complex and they kind of give more reality to the figure. I love the patterns too. One thing though is I think she's less punchy now, possibly because there is an all over reddish/orange tint to her, and no complementary color to sort of liven up the whole picture, like an electric blue or an acid green maybe ?

edit : Is there a full body sprite of " The Blue Rose " ? I think she's really cool =)

machinist
Regular

#354 Post by machinist »

wow natasha looks beautiful!
i wish this game gets voices... .. that would be great...

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#355 Post by Aleema »

blakjak wrote:I think they're more complex and they kind of give more reality to the figure. I love the patterns too. One thing though is I think she's less punchy now, possibly because there is an all over reddish/orange tint to her, and no complementary color to sort of liven up the whole picture, like an electric blue or an acid green maybe ?
:lol: I can't win. Electric blue or acid green? O_O You know what I'm going to do? Make her outfit dependent on what genre you've chosen. Bam. There. Fixed. Feel free to color her anyway you want now, and I can use your color scheme as one of the genre outfits. :D
blakjak wrote:edit : Is there a full body sprite of " The Blue Rose " ? I think she's really cool =)
I think you just made Serenity's day. XD Yes, there is. I can PM you a version, sure.
mechnist wrote:wow natasha looks beautiful!
i wish this game gets voices... .. that would be great...
Don't think I haven't thought about it! ... It's definitely an expansion sort of thing, though. ^^

Topagae

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit a

#356 Post by Topagae »

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit..."
Last edited by Topagae on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#357 Post by Aleema »

Topagae wrote:@Aleema
Voice work is a bloody NIGHTMARE. X_x Go the BG route and voice first words and lines. Saves a lot of time and money and has it's own artistic charm.
I'm pretty comfortable with the amateur voice acting scene. I've organized unnecessarily huge fandubs successfully before, so I'm pretty confident that if I decided to get some AVA's for the game, it would happen. Not a nightmare to me, because I love that kind of stuff. xD There are obstacles and woes, but the pay off is more than worth it. Only problem I could see is the differing quality of each person's microphone. Normally, I would have control over the entire soundscape, but in a game like this, I'd be mixing each line separately, which would be somewhat nightmare-ish. But this is assuming I'm doing this a year down the line with nothing on my plate. =P So it's all good.

Topagae

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit a

#358 Post by Topagae »

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit..."
Last edited by Topagae on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aiurax
Regular
Projects: Becoming Wishful

#359 Post by Aiurax »

Aleema, it was friggin' awesome.
There were sheeps, and cows and.. Well.. Larger cows. I can't even remember how many times I had to wait for a herd of cows to cross the road (I know there's a chicken road joke in there somewhere.. Any ideas...? Anyone? ..No?)

Well alrighty then! I don't need to be told twice.
So where is the standing for Rock Robin now?

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#360 Post by Riviera »

Yes! How is the game overall right now? I disappeared for a bit, currently trying to get a visa to stay in the UK for a while... time has vanished o_o
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples