Rynspyr: Desert Pyrates -- I swear, the game is not dropped!

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Arithra
Regular
Completed: Finding a prom date

Re: Rynspyr: Desert Pyrates -- New Short Demo Included

#91 Post by Arithra »

Mhm, I really like the song, but somehow it does not fit my image of desert pirates. it sounds more like beach to me...
I guess because the song is very gentle...
Please visit my projects Perios- Chained Sorceress
and Final Banquet now with demo!

And my blog for more updates!

emihaumut
Regular
Projects: Rynspyr.
Tumblr: emihaumut
Github: yeewai

#92 Post by emihaumut »

Somehow, I think that's perfectly ok, since it's supposed to be Skyler who's not very pirate-y.

As for the end, I'd probably try to find a way to crop the song into three parts and then just loop the middle.

Arithra
Regular
Completed: Finding a prom date

#93 Post by Arithra »

well, than that's probably okay.
I will be looking forward to it in the game^^
Please visit my projects Perios- Chained Sorceress
and Final Banquet now with demo!

And my blog for more updates!

tengokuribon
Projects: Abat-jour, Everlast(on hold)

#94 Post by tengokuribon »

hey, looking good so far. I noticed the little sad face next to your 0% on the music status so I thought I'd offer up a great site that has a bunch of royalty free tracks on it. : P
Check it out unless your only wanting original music. I think this site is the only one I've stumbled upon with good quality music so far, and the search by feel engine is the greatest thing about this site. *_*

emihaumut
Regular

#95 Post by emihaumut »

Haha, my boyfriend said he'll do the music for me, but he's reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaally slow. I've been meaning to update the music since he does have some of it finished now, though it's like 20% maybe, lol.

tengokuribon

#96 Post by tengokuribon »

emihaumut wrote:Haha, my boyfriend said he'll do the music for me, but he's reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaally slow. I've been meaning to update the music since he does have some of it finished now, though it's like 20% maybe, lol.
Ooo, sounds promising lol. The slower he works the greater the masterpiece will be. Just you wait. What kind of music does he work with? Synth? Secretly I envy people who have synthesizers. >M< Well, I guess it isn't a secret anymore...

emihaumut
Regular

#97 Post by emihaumut »

Lol, I feel like synths and techno is too far out for this game, so I'm forcing him to use like egyptian/arabic instruments, lol. He taught himself how to use a piano keyboard and Reason just to compose for Rynspyr. :3 I think there's a sample on the previous page towards the bottom.

Also, wanted to post this beginning snippet of a short mini comic that has nothing to do with the plot really, though it has characters that don't appear in game 1 as an apology for not having the game done yet.

tengokuribon

#98 Post by tengokuribon »

emihaumut wrote:Lol, I feel like synths and techno is too far out for this game, so I'm forcing him to use like egyptian/arabic instruments, lol. He taught himself how to use a piano keyboard and Reason just to compose for Rynspyr. :3 I think there's a sample on the previous page towards the bottom.
I just listened to it, it was very lovely. Your boyfriend must be really good with music. :3 I would like to say though that there was a small tinkling in the background though that kind of felt off putting to me. It felt like it didn't fit with what was going on at the time. I couldn't figure out if it was piano keys being played or perhaps the bells instrument. But, I have sensitive ears and some sounds bother me so it might just have been the high pitch notes that made it sound off.

Nice comic by the way. I'll be patiently awaiting the full game. xD

broken_angel
Veteran
Completed: Memoirs of an Angel (2010)
Projects: Memoirs of an Angel (Remake); W.I.S.H

#99 Post by broken_angel »

I actually played the demo a little while ago, but I forgot to comment, so...here I go. xD

First, I'd like to say that the story is fantastically creative - from the world, to the plot, to the characters.
Some of Skylar's dialogue is really great; I envy your ability to write with such a sarcastic tone and make it come across so well (I'm currently struggling writing the dialogue for one of my characters who is like that >.>).

I just have one complaint, and it's a pretty small one...
The text speed was way, way too slow. I'm not sure if you've already changed that for the final version (since it sounds like the demo is pretty out-dated), but that was really annoying for me. I liked your pauses for added effect, but I rarely got to actually experience them because I was clicking through the text to skip the slow text animation.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing the full version. C:

emihaumut
Regular

#100 Post by emihaumut »

Lol, everyone complains about the text speed. Guess I should take the hint. I think I changed it in the final version, but I'll double check. :)

Dialogue is so hard to write. I understand the pain. I had to go through so many drafts. I often just sat there thinking, "Geez Skyler, can you sound any more stupid?" lol. Eventually, she got the hint. Kinda. We're slowly getting there, lol.

And I'd like to take a moment to mention that I have the end of the series (as well as most of the in between stuff) planned out and more or less set in stone. I'm excited. Too bad it's not going to come to light for another 10+ years at the rate I'm going, lol. But it's going to be epic. :D No more writing scripts floundering about wondering how it's going to end for me. Now it's all about dropping hints and seeds into the beginning.

emihaumut
Regular

Re: Rynspyr: Desert Pyrates -- I swear, the game is not drop

#101 Post by emihaumut »

While (still) waiting for music, I've amused myself by adding more features to the game, lol. Lo and behold:
Obviously, I still have a shitton more notes to add and minor adjustments to make, but that's what I have thanksgiving weekend for, lol. I think next on my to do list is a cg gallery. Or y'know, script Arc 2.

Also, am I allowed to just spam this thread with Rynspyr related artwork that may or may not contribute to the game's actual development?

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#102 Post by Aleema »

Looking cool! The left scrollbar is too close the journal entry, though. =P
Is the first screen of the regular dialogue box? I like it a lot. I'm very fond of the font, actually. :D

I, personally, would love to see some Rynspyr artwork, so ...

Gryphbear
Regular

#103 Post by Gryphbear »

All Ryspyr-related work is fine, even if it may not all make it into the actual game -- like concept work or what not.

I mean I like seeing bios and character art, and so on, in sketch, linework, etc. It's always good to see extra work. And you could always include an 'extras' Gallery with backgrounds of characters that the player's uncovered, etc etc.

It wouldn't be considered spam unless you were posting art of an entirely new game that had no relation to Rynspyr. That would be better off in a new thread lol.
WIP: Ring av Guder - (Contemporary Fantasy VN/Dating Sim?)

What do you get when you inherit a mystical ring, meet Norse Dieties, and Werewolves, Satyrs, or Dwarves? Possibilities.

General Completion: 5% - (Still working on story plot.)
Story status: 1% (In progress of revamping)
Scripting: 1% (Prologue is about done)
Character Art: 0% (Would like to find a Bara-type Artist, but will learn to draw them myself if necessary)
BG/CG's: 0% (None so far)

emihaumut
Regular

#104 Post by emihaumut »

Alright, time to spam this thread, lol.

Except that wasn't exactly spam, lol. I was playing around with the fonts and I think I like this better than what I had before, though is there a way to change the line spacing so the top of the text doesn't get cut off?

Ok, actual spammage time. Hopefully it doesn't spoil the story or anything, lol:
Whee, age meme's. I think it's starting to become obvious who my favorite characters in the game are (even though I shouldn't be playing favorites... -.-' )

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#105 Post by Aleema »

emihaumut wrote:Except that wasn't exactly spam, lol. I was playing around with the fonts and I think I like this better than what I had before, though is there a way to change the line spacing so the top of the text doesn't get cut off?
line_spacing does that, I think. Say + or - some number.

Is she wearing a dead bird on her head, or is Mr. Gryphon just sitting up there? xD

Nothing wrong with having favorites ... If you didn't care about your chars and you were just indifferent to all of them, that might show in your writing. ^^;