Ren'Py 6.11.1 Released

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Ren'Py 6.11.1 Released

#1 Post by PyTom »

Ren'Py 6.11.1 "Done in One" is the first minor release of the Ren'Py 6.11 series. The primary focus of this release is to fix bugs found in 6.11.0, but it also includes a few low-risk new features, including alpha-controlled dissolves and a notification system.

Downloads of 6.11.1 and a full release announcement can be found at:

http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/releases/6.11.1

A list of changes can be found at:

http://www.renpy.org/doc/html/changelog.html

The goal with this release is to get a release out that fixes the highest-priority bugs in Ren'Py 6.11.0. The highest-priority bugs are those that only manifest on a few systems. Nobody is going to release a game that has broken bits of critical functionality on their system - but if the game is only broken in a few places, they might miss it.

While I was at it, I integrated all the other bug fixes and feature requests I had done. These include:

* AlphaBlend and AlphaDissolve, which let you do alpha-controlled blending. (See the video above.)
* A "modes" system that makes it far easier to react to, for example, changes from ADV mode to NVL mode, or from a menu to a dialogue.
* The ability to get the screen coordinates of the currently focused displayable, if possible. (This could be used to auto-place tooltips.)
* The renpy.notify function and Notify action, like we discussed.
* The ability to dump a list of files from the developer menu.

There's also an experimental updater, which can be accessed by hitting shift+U from the top launcher screen.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

SuperSaiyan

Re: Ren'Py 6.11.1 Released

#2 Post by SuperSaiyan »

Good news !! Thanks you PyTom =D

Jo'ogn
Veteran
Projects: Kassiopeia [iVN]

#3 Post by Jo'ogn »

I am experiencing 'choppy' sound looping with 6.11.1b on WinXP system. I have already reported it as a 'bug' on launchpad.

EDIT: BUG was fixed by PyTom! Thanky ^_^b
Last edited by Jo'ogn on Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Audio Plays: [original] The White Feathers Directive - [Star Wars] Through Flame and Shadow
Ren'Py: Kassiopeia [very interactive VN] work in progress - looking for proof reader english

Jo'ogn
Veteran
Projects: Kassiopeia [iVN]

#4 Post by Jo'ogn »

6.11.1b

I defined channels with the "loop" feature set to false
renpy.music.register_channel("sfx1","sfx",False)

However if (on rare occasions) I do need to loop a sound on the sfx channel I simply add "loop" to the play statement.
play sfx1 sfx_wecker loop (as shown in the documentation)

Now, when channel "sfx1" is playing a looped sound like that, and I do a "roll back", then differently to "channels" set on loop true - which stop the play back on roll-back - this looped play back is ~not~ stopped! It carries on through the roll back.

Is this kind of "loop" supposed to be controlled (and silenced) by the roll-back as well?
Audio Plays: [original] The White Feathers Directive - [Star Wars] Through Flame and Shadow
Ren'Py: Kassiopeia [very interactive VN] work in progress - looking for proof reader english

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#5 Post by PyTom »

No, a sound effect isn't supposed to stop on rollback, only when it's explicitly changed.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom