where should i post this?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
lunaticskye14

where should i post this?

#1 Post by lunaticskye14 »

I am getting confused with where whould i post the VN i'm currently working at. The story is about a girl who turned into a boy and 3 more boys vice versa.

The main character is a girl but she is also a boy...so i'm really confused as to if i should post this in the GXB section or not since she is a boy mostly all over the game(her heart's a woman's though).

Thank you.

dstarsboy
Veteran

Re: where should i post this?

#2 Post by dstarsboy »

Good question. I guess if you're pursuing boys then in the GxB section, but pursuing girls then it would be in the other section. I actually think your game's unique enough where you can post it wherever you want and no one would complain.
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

lunaticskye14

#3 Post by lunaticskye14 »

oh. yeah, that's why I'm really holding up to where to post it. I thought that since she's all over a boy in the whole series anyway, i'd just categorize it as bishoujo but the fact that she is a girl and the girls she is chasing were nonetheless originally boys too, I can't quite put my finger into it and categorize it as bishoujo since that fact itself stands as a GXB factor. I thought it doesn't really matter where i post it but that backfires to me now, as by thinking about it, it also resulted to me being twisted on what my game would be categorized....

Anima
Veteran
Completed: Loren
Projects: PS2

#4 Post by Anima »

When in doubt, just choose the general category. It's always possible to get your topic moved later on.
Avatar created with this deviation by Crysa
Currently working on:
  • Winterwolves "Planet Stronghold 2" - RPG Framework: Phase III

Quadratic
Regular
Projects: Dreamscape (VN)

#5 Post by Quadratic »

Hmm... maybe put it in the BxG section (since that's what it is in theory), but call it a mixed project, which means it involves both sides. It might be hard to explain, but maybe you can find out about getting the thread made in both sections, and having both update whenever you make a post in one of them.

lunaticskye14

#6 Post by lunaticskye14 »

There isn't BXG section right?

This is basically an answer resulted a few days of thinking... but afterall, this is impossible to be called bishoujo. I researched through the net and find this X change game(a hentai game). The boy over there became a girl and blah blah except that only the hero turned into a girl and the rest of the bachelorettes were still same gender. It's labeled bishoujo even though through out the story, the guy was a girl. So i conclude that this should belong to bishounen(GXB) afterall. It's not that the main character would everlastingly be a Mister.

Thank you for the trouble of answering. your replies reflected in my conclusion. Though it seems off the beat(since you are suggesting for it to be in BXG)