For CGers - a guide (In Japanese) how to CG

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Yang Sei Fu
Regular

For CGers - a guide (In Japanese) how to CG

#1 Post by Yang Sei Fu »

http://www.pastime.ne.jp/howto.htm

It's a very good guide (or reminder note) of the procedures in CGing. Now if my CGer could read Japanese...and I if I could get a tablet...
=/| ClearWind Design Studios |\=

Headache
Regular

Re: For CGers - a guide (In Japanese) how to CG

#2 Post by Headache »

Thanks for the link. BTW, you can just use Google Translate to read this up in English.

Mikan
Veteran

#3 Post by Mikan »

One wonders how on earth those poor VN makers made VNs before the era of tablets and affordable scanners.

Ametrya
Regular
Projects: Return to my life

#4 Post by Ametrya »

Mikan wrote:One wonders how on earth those poor VN makers made VNs before the era of tablets and affordable scanners.
Pixel art?
How long ago were scanners expensive?

Nuxill
Veteran
Projects: No Friend
Tumblr: nuxill
itch: nuxill

#5 Post by Nuxill »

Interesting, but from the pictures it looks like any other guide to CGing in photoshop. :x
Also wow that tutorial is old. I haven't used photoshop 5 since I was in middle school.
Ametrya wrote:
Mikan wrote:One wonders how on earth those poor VN makers made VNs before the era of tablets and affordable scanners.
Pixel art?
How long ago were scanners expensive?
Guessing since other games were made that way, yeah pixel art with a mouse. Those poor, poor artists. :C

pkt
Veteran
Completed: I dunno
Projects: Something special

#6 Post by pkt »

Actually there have been lightpens since about the 80's if not earlier and those are somewhat like how an intuos tablet style system would work nowadays. And there have been scanners around for decades too. But yeah for the most part pixel art.
No Active Public Renpy Projects...

Nuxill
Veteran
Projects: No Friend
Tumblr: nuxill
itch: nuxill

#7 Post by Nuxill »

pkt wrote:Actually there have been lightpens since about the 80's if not earlier and those are somewhat like how an intuos tablet style system would work nowadays. And there have been scanners around for decades too. But yeah for the most part pixel art.
Fascinating- I've never even heard of light pens before! :o It must have been strenuous having to hold your hand up to the monitor for long periods of time though.

pkt
Veteran
Completed: I dunno
Projects: Something special

#8 Post by pkt »

It's about the same as drawing vertically I suppose. That was the only way I used to draw for a bit and it was more comfortable. That and some people had their monitors sitting on their backs in a table like thing. The other part is there were touch screens for a long time too.

All in all, yeah the guide is pretty cool. I does go over some basic cg elements. I didn't read it but the pictures I saw showed techniques which go into what they made.
No Active Public Renpy Projects...