Whats going on???

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#46 Post by Megaman Z »

all $20 dollars from each booklet sale goes to the band - half of it goes directly into the band funds, the other half either goes into the person's band trip account or (if the trip account is where it needs to be) to the band funds. the band funds cover stuff like broken drum heads (we've replaced about 12 this year) and just about anything else that needs maintainence.

the $2 that I would get per book is extra. there's also other little "prizes" like this cow/slingshot thing that one of our two band directors demonstated and hit one of the chimes we had in the band room. pretty much you heard "mooooooo! [gong]".
~Kitsune Zeta

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#47 Post by PyTom »

What do you mean? The books sell for $22 or more? Otherwise, the cost of the bonus ($2/book), as well as the cost of overhead (like printing the books and such) needs to be subtracted from the sale cost of the book.

In short... Get a job, Hippie!

Why, back in my day, I worked my way through school. Uphill. Both ways. When it was snowing. Snowing rusty nails.

darkknight
Veteran

#48 Post by darkknight »

someone needs coffee today...

I think he means that the school supplies him with the books...

He sells them for $20.....

He gets $2......

The rest goes to the band....

Oh and by the may make sure to low-level format your hard drive and overclock your CPU....
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

Beta
Regular

#49 Post by Beta »

*sigh* I guess I'm not as dense as others.

he only had to explain it to me twice before I caught on.

pretty much, here's how the sales break down:

for each booklet ($20.00), $10 goes to support the band no matter what, $10 go to either his trip account or to the band, and, if he sells at least 20 of the booklets, then the company that's aiding with this fundraiser will give him $2 for each booklet he sells INCLUDING the first 20.

(on a side note, looking at exactly what he said, I guess some confusion would result from exactly where the $2.00 come from)

Beta
Regular

#50 Post by Beta »

well, at the rate things are going, I'm probably going to have a tropical storm named after me... they've already gone to alpha, and it looks like another one's on its way. just my luck this year...

*proceeds to lock herself in a room with only a computer for contact with the outside world*

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#51 Post by Megaman Z »

Beta wrote:well, at the rate things are going, I'm probably going to have a tropical storm named after me... they've already gone to alpha, and it looks like another one's on its way. just my luck this year...

*proceeds to lock herself in a room with only a computer for contact with the outside world*
well, her door's locked and (I think) barricaded. makes sense, considering hurricane Beta's recent landfall.
~Kitsune Zeta

darkknight
Veteran

#52 Post by darkknight »

I want to be the first to welcome back darkknight...

Hey darkknight what happend?

darkknight: Well since you asked so nicely...

that question is easy to answer in one word...

"girl"

ok maybe a few more words....

"girl got mad took harddrive"

Little more words....

"Girl barrowed "backup" computer when we were going out...We broke up...she got mad...gave me back computer without harddrive....i forgot about this site 'It was saved in my favorites'....i miss my harddrive..."
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#53 Post by rioka »

Ouch. Tough-luck man. <.<

bookie
Veteran

#54 Post by bookie »

Ouch. :(

Hrm, the only thing that happened to me was that I cut my hair again. XD It keeps getting shorter. I'm too lazy to find a photo at the moment though. XD

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#55 Post by Megaman Z »

I might as well say one thing... NEW YORK CITY, HERE I COME! I'll be in New York for about four days, so communication via the Lemmasoft Forumswill be rather... hard... I think. oh, and if you want an idea of why the heck I'm going to new york, I can name two right off the bat:

1) Blue man group. let's see... BMG plus a percussionist from the crowd... hmm...

2) a certain little parade that most of my state has been getting press about a certain band going to...

[and yes, I am prepared for cold weather, and I hope I see snow... and that I don't freeze to death out there!]
~Kitsune Zeta

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#56 Post by Megaman Z »

well, I'm back... and I didn't see snow (DARNIT!). let's see... where to start...

NYC is... big... and weird.

my trip had a few bumps in it (first one being it didn't snow.). for starters, I got a -little- wet on Tuesday from the rain up there (yes, a -little- wet, as opposed to some others being soaking wet). Blue Man Group was entertaining (and unique), despite the fact that I didn't quite get to really do anything there apart from watch. (oh, did I mention somebody turned the power off in the middle of the show?). I also saw Wicked (which can be considered either a supplement or a prequel to The Wizard of Oz). and I also made my first personal manga purchase (which was Galaxy Angels #1) as well as buying Star Wars Battlefront II and [the last copy the store had of] Guilty Gear Isuka on PS2.

I also managed to leave my mark on a couple high-score boards in the game room of the hotel I was in. let's see... I had recorded scores on San Fransisco Rush, Cruisin' World, and Area51 Site4 (which is a PAIN IN THE *** WHEN THE SCREEN IS STRETCHED SO FAR THAT A HANDFUL OF ENEMIES APPEAR "OFF-SCREEN" AND STILL HIT YOU!). I would have had a score on Marvel Vs. Capcom, but...

A) the punch buttons (specifically medium and fierce punch) didn't work on 2P side (1P start button didn't work...)

B) on accasion, the joystick wouldn't recognize "DOWN" correctly and I couldn't duck or perform combos requiring a downward motion. this also prevented me from using one of my preferred characters (Roll, selected by tracing a "5" from Zangeif and then going Up, Right, Up, Up, Right, and Right).

whatever happened with the M&M float I missed (wasn't close enough to see it, and hadn't been able to watch the news too much recently), so if someone can tell me what happened, thanks ahead of time

also, Beta's been telling me that one of the bands that was in the Macy's thanksgiving day parade had a huge event in their hometown. the only reason she found out is because they had the whole thing "Play-by-Play" (according to her, that's what they said) on local radio. sadly... I missed it.

(P.S. to anyone in NYC: could you please get me a picture of a sakura tree in Strawberry Fields? thanks in advance)
~Kitsune Zeta

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#57 Post by musical74 »

Boy, I disappear for a few days any all sorts of things happen!

I spent Thanksgiving with my Grandma in San Jose...was a lot of fun =)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

bookie
Veteran

#58 Post by bookie »

I spent thanksgiving with a professor and another student. It was nice, but nothing like the big family get togethers I'm used to.

And the day after thanksgiving, instead of doing the silly shopping thing, I was at a beach and a barbeque.

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#59 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

bookie wrote:Silly shopping thing
Silly? Thing? How can you take it so lightly man!! It's all about the savings!!!

Taavimon
Regular

#60 Post by Taavimon »

It's my 21st birthday today. Got the second DVD of Genshiken from my parents and a neat t-shirt from my sisters (it has robot silhuettes and the text Giant Robot on the front and the classic Transformers logo on the back).

This also means that I can legally buy hard liquors, which is of no consequence to me since I don't drink alcohol at all.