Heroic Spirit Assassin Part One

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Heroic Spirit Nanaya
Projects: Heroic Spirit Assassin Series

Heroic Spirit Assassin Part One

#1 Post by Heroic Spirit Nanaya »

Heroic Spirit Assassin
Part One

What is it that you do to fulfill your duty- when everything else is on the line?

This is the first part of a series of One Shot Fanfictions of the Fate/stay night and Tsukihime universe, their only agreement lies in the protagonist, who does not change. Written in NVL style, it leads you through meainingful parts of the protagonist's life, while you learn about him step by step.
It is recommended to have at least either basic knowledge of the F/sn universe or you might to have to look up each technical term. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it is a fanfiction.

Genre: Tragedy, Fanfiction ( Kinetic Novel )
Release: 2010-10-12 v1.0
Rating: Recommended for 13+ years
Price: Freeware
Resolution: 800x600
Play time: 10-20 minutes
Game Engine: Ren'Py 6.11.1b

Screenshots:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Download Link: >Here<
Also, my novel can be found here: http://games.renpy.org/game/HSA.shtml

This game is completely in english. However, there is a completely german version. If there is any demand for it, I can upload that as well.
Download Link for the german version: >Here<

I'm also interested in what you think of it!

Edit 2010-10-20: Link to sequel here: Link

Enjoy!

Negligible information:
Since this is a fanfiction, I partially used sounds and pictures from Tsukihime and Fate/stay night, however, I am searching for an artist, who would like to draw me background and characters.
Also, this is my first try at a novel; I learned about Ren'Py just a few days ago.
Last edited by Heroic Spirit Nanaya on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Looking for partners for this fun project.

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

Re: Heroic Spirit Assassin Part One

#2 Post by Der Tor »

Yes please also put up the German version there IS demand for it :D

If you haven't seen it allready and if your game isn't posted there allready, we have a list of all the German language Visual novels on my German Visual Novel Forum: http://forum.no-neets.de/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6

So you might wanna anounce the German version there.

shahab96
Veteran

#3 Post by shahab96 »

Are any of these linux compatible? If not could you upload the linux version as well please?
The true measure of a man is what he does with his power.

Heroic Spirit Nanaya

#4 Post by Heroic Spirit Nanaya »

shahab96 wrote:Are any of these linux compatible? If not could you upload the linux version as well please?
Guide to open any visual novel made with Ren'Py:

1. Install Ren'Py
2. Download the novel and put it into the folder you specified as the save folder
2a. Unzip the downloaded file in the same folder
3. Open the program and klick "Select Project"
4. Select the name of the downloaded file
5. Klick "Launch"

And the novel opens.

If you have any problems or questions left, be sure to send me a private message.

shatteredfox
Regular
Projects: Winter Blue Bells. (3%) // A Mirror of Life(20%)

#5 Post by shatteredfox »

Heroic Spirit Nanaya wrote:
shahab96 wrote:Are any of these linux compatible? If not could you upload the linux version as well please?
Guide to open any visual novel made with Ren'Py:

1. Install Ren'Py
2. Download the novel and put it into the folder you specified as the save folder
2a. Unzip the downloaded file in the same folder
3. Open the program and klick "Select Project"
4. Select the name of the downloaded file
5. Klick "Launch"

And the novel opens.

If you have any problems or questions left, be sure to send me a private message.
Shiki <3. I know this sounds rather strange coming from another newbie as well, pretty sure I found the program a day before you did(and you most likely know this already). However since the reason for compiling is so you have your game as a standalone program and not require Ren'Py since not everyone will have Ren'Py or know what it even is. With that in mind it might be a good habit to just start compiling in other formats. Of course this is perfectly fine since I assume you're not gonna upload this anywhere but here.

/complain.

Other than that I'll check out the game right now :3. Always been a big fan of the Type-Moon universe.

Heroic Spirit Nanaya

#6 Post by Heroic Spirit Nanaya »

shatteredfox wrote:
Shiki <3. I know this sounds rather strange coming from another newbie as well, pretty sure I found the program a day before you did(and you most likely know this already). However since the reason for compiling is so you have your game as a standalone program and not require Ren'Py since not everyone will have Ren'Py or know what it even is. With that in mind it might be a good habit to just start compiling in other formats. Of course this is perfectly fine since I assume you're not gonna upload this anywhere but here.

/complain.

Other than that I'll check out the game right now :3. Always been a big fan of the Type-Moon universe.
Since this whole series is about me learning and trying out new stuff, I neither make this 'Heroic Spirit Assassin' epic length, nor with my own pictures/sounds.

I experiment with all the features and depending on how the feedback is, collect experience.

Additionally, I believe this series of One - Shots to be finished after part 4 or 5. After that we'll see whether I want to experiment more or can start on my true visual novel, and not the fun ones. ( Of course still freeware, but epic length and far more solemn )

To answer your inquiry: Indeed, I am not going to post the HSA-Series anywhere but here.

mfg

P.S. Don't forget to read Part two :wink:

shatteredfox
Regular
Projects: Winter Blue Bells. (3%) // A Mirror of Life(20%)

#7 Post by shatteredfox »

I will haven't had a chance to since I was posting from our school. (It's where I do most of my experiments, hah! Too much free time.)

So I'm reading them right now.

EDIT: I can't really judge about grammar and how the visual novel itself is made but I can judge on everything else :p. (or rather minor annoyances)

Title pages generally look bad if it doesn't blend into the rest of the page or stretch and fit the page. As for the title, I'm just bothered by the font, most script fonts are generally ugly but this one just feels extra wrong :X.

As for the novel itself I really enjoyed it, pretty much that is that. Definitely eager for the rest of the parts *downloading part 2* (There was another problem but I have almost completely forgotten about it.)

Heroic Spirit Nanaya

#8 Post by Heroic Spirit Nanaya »

shatteredfox wrote:Title pages generally look bad if it doesn't blend into the rest of the page or stretch and fit the page. As for the title, I'm just bothered by the font, most script fonts are generally ugly but this one just feels extra wrong.
I give you permission to edit the novel until the criteria above suit your tastes, as long as you upload it and let me have a look at the product.