Old Topic - Please Don't Post

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
broken_angel
Veteran
Completed: Memoirs of an Angel (2010)
Projects: Memoirs of an Angel (Remake); W.I.S.H

Re: Memoirs of an Angel [Download - Feedback Requested]

#76 Post by broken_angel »

The CGs available in the CG Gallery can all currently be found in the game.

Some just require you to witness specific scenes. :3

Like, one can only be found by getting Chael's good ending, another only by witnessing two of Nefferon's events (one where he gives you his gift, the other where you confront him about your investigation), and one only by getting Duren's good ending.

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#77 Post by Cain0425 »

i got the where you confront him about the investigation but i do not have the one for cheal's good ending or the one where you give nefferon's a gift

CaesMRaenes
Regular
Projects: 軽い夏, The Aces

#78 Post by CaesMRaenes »

I enjoyed this game a lot and loved the character sprites. The CGs need to be completed for the full experience but I'm sure that you've already got that noted. And I have to say: I love Kirile's character. Well, not only for the eyepatch, but for his happy, smiling self. Can't help but to love a guy who makes you smile like that.

I'm gonna go through the game completely to see if any errors for the Mac version pops up (if I don't reply back, there is none). Great game over all. :) The artwork was charming. The music was great for each situation it called for. And the story was simple but it was memorable.

EDIT: Also, I love how the heart colors/love meter resembles Harvest Moon/Rune Factory's system. I love those games. <3
a.k.a. DragonfaeryYume on dA
The Vault in the Sky (Dev Blog)

Projects:
WIP The Aces
WIP (Head Artist) 軽い夏: The Sun Will Shine Through (tentative title)

Aetheria
Regular

#79 Post by Aetheria »

Wow, I'm really impressed... it's well-written, pretty (looking forward to seeing new art, too!) and has a nice assortment of endings, even if some of them are better than others. And, you made the UI graphics with Paint? Awesome.

The first ending I got was
Chael's "okay" ending. The ending text itself was good, but it seemed weird that you could get the romantic scene where Chael and Zuleika kiss and talk about love, and then nobody ever mentions it again and they're suddenly just friends?

The "romantic" ending was super cute, though. Love the CG. :D
So after that,
I decided to try for Nefferon's ending, since it seemed to be popular from reading the thread...

and, um, wow. I think that path could have made a game in itself. Maybe because it's so different in style from the more "default" one where you choose between Chael and Kirile. The buildup to the ending, especially if you do the investigation sidequest, works quite well, actually better than the plot in the other story branch, which seems to ramble a bit. The ending itself was magnificently disturbing - reminds me of "Porphyria's Lover", actually. Yay, obsession and insanity. :wink: I'd really like to see the CG for that one!
A couple of glitches I noticed: 1) when exploring the garden in the castle, after you pick up/leave the fruit, you're asked if you want to "go back to camp" instead of "go inside"; 2) in a couple of places (I can't remember which exactly; I think one is in the special scene with Nefferon at the end of Chapter 2), the narration lapses out of first person and into third ("her" instead of "me"); 3) in the dance competition, when you see the steps for the first time, the last arrow sometimes appears underneath the next-to-last.

broken_angel
Veteran

#80 Post by broken_angel »

To CaesMRaenes:

Glad you liked it. ^^

And yes, I love the Harvest Moon games, too. xP
My next game will be even more based on that system.

To Aetheria:

Heh, yeah...the events in the main part of the story were originally based on "You should be this close to them by this time," when I first made the game as a forum-based create-your-own-adventure thing, where there were only basic choices and no variables, so they weren't based on actual heart levels. That's why you can have romantic events with Chael and Kirile even if you don't have a very high heart level with them, and only the endings depend on heart levels.

I find it both amusing and sad that Nefferon's path seems to be the best. xD

And thanks for pointing those out!
I'll fix them up as soon as I recover my hard drive...^^;;

Aetheria
Regular

#81 Post by Aetheria »

I have a bug too! (Yay, I feel special :D ) This happened when I was playing Kirile's path, right after I beat the duel with Nefferon. In retrospect, I probably should have saved somewhere along that playthrough... oh well 8)

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

NameError: name 'ball' is not defined

While running game code:
 - script at line 11594 of C:\Users\Cera\Desktop\renpy-6.11.1\GardenGame/game/AllscriptA.rpy
 - python at line 11594 of C:\Users\Cera\Desktop\renpy-6.11.1\GardenGame/game/AllscriptA.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "C:\Users\Julia\Documents\MemoirsofanAngel-1.0-all\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 254, in bootstrap
  File "C:\Users\Julia\Documents\MemoirsofanAngel-1.0-all\renpy\main.py", line 310, in main
  File "C:\Users\Julia\Documents\MemoirsofanAngel-1.0-all\renpy\main.py", line 93, in run
  File "C:\Users\Julia\Documents\MemoirsofanAngel-1.0-all\renpy\execution.py", line 259, in run
  File "C:\Users\Julia\Documents\MemoirsofanAngel-1.0-all\renpy\ast.py", line 1301, in execute
  File "C:\Users\Julia\Documents\MemoirsofanAngel-1.0-all\renpy\python.py", line 994, in py_eval
  File "C:\Users\Cera\Desktop\renpy-6.11.1\GardenGame/game/AllscriptA.rpy", line 11594, in <module>
NameError: name 'ball' is not defined

While running game code:
 - script at line 11594 of C:\Users\Cera\Desktop\renpy-6.11.1\GardenGame/game/AllscriptA.rpy
 - python at line 11594 of C:\Users\Cera\Desktop\renpy-6.11.1\GardenGame/game/AllscriptA.rpy.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.11.1b

broken_angel
Veteran

#82 Post by broken_angel »

Ah, thanks for pointing that out.
I'll fix it when I get the chance. :3

Heh, at least there's auto-saving, so you shouldn't have to do the whole thing over again. C:

mashiixD

#83 Post by mashiixD »

ahhh. why doesn't the link work ? ;o

broken_angel
Veteran

#84 Post by broken_angel »

It doesn't? D:

I'll fix and re-upload it in a bit, then.

mashiixD

#85 Post by mashiixD »

ooh please and thank you ! :D i really wanted to play it. i tried downloading like 20+ times

broken_angel
Veteran

#86 Post by broken_angel »

The updated link has been posted.

If it still doesn't work, then your connection may just not like Mediafire. ^^;
So if that's the case, let me know and I'll try uploading it somewhere else.

mashiixD

#87 Post by mashiixD »

yeah it works now thanks ! :D imma give you the longest feedback once i'm done playing the game LOL

IanaBri
Regular

#88 Post by IanaBri »

I want to play this game. It looks fun..and I love otome(ish) games...But I have gotten so many viruses from mediafire, megaupload, ect. and gotten in so much trouble because this is my mom's computer that I am afraid to download anything from those websites. Is their an alternative way that I can setup this game and the next one on my comp. like through someone emailing it to me or something? I would really appreciate some assistance.

broken_angel
Veteran

#89 Post by broken_angel »

Ah, I can see that...although I can promise that my file is virus-free, the ads and pop-ups on that site can be dangerous if you don't have good anti-virus software.

It's much too big a file for e-mail, so I'm afraid you're stuck with downloading it from the Internet. ^^;
I'll try to look for a file host with less ads, though, okay?

IanaBri
Regular

#90 Post by IanaBri »

Thank you very much. Your efforts will be greatly appreciated. = )