Chaos Gateway (Xbox 360)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Gantz

Chaos Gateway (Xbox 360)

#1 Post by Gantz »

Hey guys, just finished development. Feel free to check out the trial, you can get it on the dashboard it set it to download on your 360 from this link

WARNING - There is a quite graphic image at the bottom of the page
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Produ ... 02585506a7

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/v/IwRy4BpwDxA?fs=1&hl=en_GB
(Make sure you set it to 720p ;))

Been a long road guys, please please please if you play it give me some feedback, I want to make my next games even better.

Also I will be giving away two promo codes soon, going to sleeppppsss now but tomorrow I will post about them. Hope you enjoy it and peace out!
Last edited by Gantz on Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

shatteredfox
Regular
Projects: Winter Blue Bells. (3%) // A Mirror of Life(20%)

Re: Chaos Gateway (Xbox 360)

#2 Post by shatteredfox »

I'll probably check this out (and I dunno how threads are on the forum but you might want to make it PG-13 for the 3rd image. Regardless I do have to ask whenever you get a chance, what exactly is the game is about? Can we have a short synopsis? Cause the trailer is very ambiguous(however intentional this was.)

The art's really nice and the background are great however.

fortaat
Regular

#3 Post by fortaat »

Congrats mate.

1. Any plans for a pc version?

2. What resolution did you use for the game?

3. Could you please, one day in the very far future, post if the game sold well or not?
I'm curious if there's a market for OELVN in the consoles worth the porting cost.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by DaFool »

Very cool. Those 'trapped in room; must get out' games on the DS finally have some competition. I would buy it if XBL indie games (or even just XBL) were available in my country. 240 points = $3? Man, so much downward pressure on game prices on the west (whereas Japanese VNs maintain their ridiculous $100 prices).

Was the engine still your custom LUA tool, ported to XNA?

Gantz

#5 Post by Gantz »

shatteredfox wrote:I'll probably check this out (and I dunno how threads are on the forum but you might want to make it PG-13 for the 3rd image. Regardless I do have to ask whenever you get a chance, what exactly is the game is about? Can we have a short synopsis? Cause the trailer is very ambiguous(however intentional this was.)

The art's really nice and the background are great however.
Hey, I posted a little warning at the top of the page now :)

A bit of background to the game is that an "incident" has occured that has caused a number of people within the city to go crazy. The two main characters decide to escape through the forest to reach an army fort on the other side. On their way there they discover the bunker, end up trapped inside and later find out that there is a murderer in there with them. If you'd like to know more let me know :)
fortaat wrote:Congrats mate.

1. Any plans for a pc version?

2. What resolution did you use for the game?

3. Could you please, one day in the very far future, post if the game sold well or not?
I'm curious if there's a market for OELVN in the consoles worth the porting cost.
Thanks, 1280 x 720 for the graphics (720p on a xbox) I'll post sales figures but I want to give it a bit of time first. Although if it helps I have have over 3000 people download the trial so far (as of two days ago) and the game hasn't been up there for very long.
DaFool wrote:Very cool. Those 'trapped in room; must get out' games on the DS finally have some competition. I would buy it if XBL indie games (or even just XBL) were available in my country. 240 points = $3? Man, so much downward pressure on game prices on the west (whereas Japanese VNs maintain their ridiculous $100 prices).

Was the engine still your custom LUA tool, ported to XNA?
Yeah to be honest I wanted to get it down to 80 points but if your game binary is over 50 mbs then you HAVE to charge at least 240 according to microsoft.

In the end I didn't use the LUA tool for this which is a shame :) but worked out in the end. I think I am going to redesign the tool to use XML and that is much friendlier to port around and is much wider supported.

I am in talks about porting the game to IPAD and I think that would probably be a better market/platform to release on. So if it does go ahead it will hopefully be out in around 1-2 months I believe so I can give some data on that market too if it interests you fortaat :D thanks all though I am happy with my first release so far

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#6 Post by Crocosquirrel »

I might have to grab the Demo and see how well it works. Points are beyond me atm, but nothing says I can't take a peek... How'd you manage to get it on XBL?
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

Gantz

#7 Post by Gantz »

Hi DarkSpartan,

The App Hub allows you to release games on the XBox Live Indie games channel. http://create.msdn.com/en-US/

There some restrictions (like you're not allowed to use achievements and things like that) but it's still a good platform. Check it out! :)

fortaat
Regular

#8 Post by fortaat »

Gantz wrote:I am in talks about porting the game to IPAD and I think that would probably be a better market/platform to release on. So if it does go ahead it will hopefully be out in around 1-2 months I believe so I can give some data on that market too if it interests you fortaat
It does, many thanks.

Lekhaka
Regular

#9 Post by Lekhaka »

Although if it helps I have have over 3000 people download the trial so far (as of two days ago) and the game hasn't been up there for very long.
That sounds impressive. What advertising methods did you employ?

shatteredfox
Regular

#10 Post by shatteredfox »

you got a customer :P. I'm stopping by GS to get myself a 1600 Microsoft points to buy valkenhym for Blazblue and this. I'll give a review once I'm done.

Gantz

#11 Post by Gantz »

Thanks Shattered fox, any feedback would be great like I said I really wanna improve after each one!

Lekhaka - None so far, been trying to contact many websites but there's only http://visual-novels.net/vn/ and one other website that's posted anything so far :p Starting to run out of websites to contact really.

Lekhaka
Regular

#12 Post by Lekhaka »

So...where do you suspect the 3000 demo downloaders came from?

Gantz

#13 Post by Gantz »

Probably just people who'd seen it on the "New releases" list on the xbox dashboard I should think

Glazed Donuts
Regular

#14 Post by Glazed Donuts »

Wow, this looks good! Did you make this in Ren'Py and converted it to C#??

shatteredfox
Regular

#15 Post by shatteredfox »

Gantz wrote:Thanks Shattered fox, any feedback would be great like I said I really wanna improve after each one!

Lekhaka - None so far, been trying to contact many websites but there's only http://visual-novels.net/vn/ and one other website that's posted anything so far :p Starting to run out of websites to contact really.
have you tried the vndb? I know tons of people that chooses their VN they're gonna play by spamming random or clicking random games.