Sweet Sixteen [Back in Action!]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
mysterialize
Veteran
Projects: The World is Made of Paper

Re: Sweet Sixteen [Logo advices?]

#16 Post by mysterialize »

I'm a girl, but I'm not that into otome games, so I'm probably not quite the intended audience for this. XD I just like reading stuff and helping people. Oh well.

As for the logo, the soda can tabs (Is that what they are? Hopefully it is, or I'll feel stupid for assuming that.) look a little rough and shaky in comparison to the nice and clean lettering in the rest of it. The white outline around everything also kind of suffers from the same problem.

I also agree with sake-bento, here. Unless the game takes place in Japan, there's really no reason to have the katakana there. I personally suggest not using it.

Also, that little kissy face is kind of awesome. I'm almost a little sad it won't be on the final version. As for the chibi idea though, while it would be cute, it might wind up making the logo look a little cluttered and busy. Simple is best for these sorts of things.

maselphie
Regular
Projects: By The Lake, Seraphine

#17 Post by maselphie »

If you want to replace the katakana with an actual subtitle, you'll find it has near the same effect. I personally love the first logo. Without all the extras, it makes a good, solid logo. Whereas the more you add, the less it feels like a symbol, and just ... a header or something.

Good job, however! Very interesting idea! Now we all want to know what the soda tabs mean (and I do think the correct term for them is tabs, not lids). I was expecting birthday candles. :D
I have switched accounts to Aleema.

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#18 Post by Nellie »

Thanks for the logo tips/feedbacks...

As for why I use 'can lids'... Well, I googled the images and I saw that the titles are can lids xD Was wondering what are they called for the longest time! Got to change them all to can tabs now >_< *poof*

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#19 Post by azureXtwilight »

The art is nice and the story looks interesting too!

Good luck on this! :D

As for logo, I like the second one you picked :3

Nellie
Veteran

#20 Post by Nellie »

Eiks!

Sorry been away for a bit. Winter/flu/snow-induced falls/etc etc season finally over... and I am free enough to lurk around again!

Those who volunteered to beta read, hopefully you're still interested! Have added one dark (psychological thriller) path and one light 'yuri' hinted path. They're all handwritten so I'll be scanning the papers (I think my handwriting is among the best in the wards I've been to so I *believe* they're readable XD). Will be hard to type them out as there're lots of arrows and linking and calculation notes XD

@All who commented on the logo - Am taking in all your suggestions. Modifying and will be showing the latest/finalised version in a few days! (If I don't get on calls and unexpected cases for audit I guess).

Note - BG acquired!

Next mission - Chibis and School + Town map (in 'chibi' form!) / Complete 'Love Like no Other' by end of week XD

On-going important mission - Not to forget about this project XD

... I think I XD-ed too much... So... XD!!

[EDIT]
Help needed - I do not want Japanese settings. I know the Malaysian high school setting well enough, but I am too lazy to make it as multi-cultural and might be confusing for some readers. Am thinking of making it British (most likely) or American based, anyone who is studying or graduated from British high school? Just want to know how an academic year is like. For example, start date, number of term/semester, etc. (Of course I could google it up or ask my colleagues... Hehe... Just being lazy I guess XD)

Julie
Regular

#21 Post by Julie »

I'm gonna sound weird by saying that Akki is probably the one who caught my attention the most among the 6 boys.....only to be disappointed when I read that she's her twin brother. AW MAAAAAN!xD I wish he didn't have to be related to her at all so he can be obtainable hahahahaha. xD

As for the logo...I think the third one looks nice. ^^

Nellie
Veteran

#22 Post by Nellie »

Akki is not 'obtainable' but there's a specific story/ending dedicated to him. And well, if I'm able to complete this, I'll be using all the same settings/characters for the BxG version where you play as Akki =P I guess it doesn't feel the same as getting him... Ah well! Posting up a few backgrounds and GUI (although I have yet to know how to intergrate them into the system!) once I get back to my desktop! Weee

Julie
Regular

#23 Post by Julie »

~still wishing that Akki was obtainable but it's okay~ SORRY FOR BEING SO WEIRD! HAHAHAH! XD

Nellie
Veteran

#24 Post by Nellie »

Eiks... After (another) long period of inactivity, I have to announce this project on hiatus. Reasons being;

1. Finals!!! (cry)
2. I realised I'm being too ambitious - with my knowledge in python, I can't code the engine I have in mind (cries again)... Sigh. So I'll move on to another basic VN - story and choices. Hopefully I'll get to learn how to use Ren'py better by the end of the game!

Hmph! It's not MY fault this game is on hiatus! Nellie is the one being all ambitious without any skill to back the ambitions up!

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#25 Post by Snow Blossom »

Wow the art is really pretty :shock:
I also like the fact that you can have rivals and that attention is paid to the female friends (there are so many games where the girl is surrounded only by guys :lol: )
My otaku intuition tells me that this is gonna be great!
P.S.: The can lid thing reminds me of this manga I read before, can't remember it's name though... hm... :?

Nellie
Veteran

Re: Sweet Sixteen [Back in Action!]

#26 Post by Nellie »

@Snow Blossom -
I hope the game will meet your otaku expectation! XD Hmmm... I hope it will not be too similar to the manga >_< Do let me know if you remember the title!

Finally, a coder has fallen victim to my ebil plans! Thanks, Sasuya! The project will now proceed and hopefully a demo, will be released for beta testing of the gameplay before the end of summer.
Attachments
A mock of the gameplay interface - designs not finalised XD
A mock of the gameplay interface - designs not finalised XD

broken_angel
Veteran
Completed: Memoirs of an Angel (2010)
Projects: Memoirs of an Angel (Remake); W.I.S.H

Re: Sweet Sixteen [Back in Action!]

#27 Post by broken_angel »

Are you planning on keeping the chibi in like that?
It's really quite cute that way. ^^
I would just suggest making sure that the colors match the character sprite, so it looks like they're meant to go together. As it is, the colors are so drastically different that they look like different people.