Seeking game-makers of any skill level~

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Shadow

Seeking game-makers of any skill level~

#1 Post by Shadow »

Hey all ^^ I've been lurking here for a while, but I've never posted before. For my anniversary with my boyfriend (which is tomorrow, actually), I made a DVD with comics, animations, art and the like about the two of us. It was fun, and I have enough left over from it that I've decided to make it a continuing 'series.' But... for Valentine's Day, I had another idea.
I'd like to make him a little collection of games based on us (our characters). And as such, I thought I'd seek the help of you lovely ren'ai creators. The guidelines are few- it just has to involve one (though preferably both) of us, Shadow and Hai-chan. Any info on the two of us- including personality, appearance, and ideas- that you should need can be found on the homepage of my anniversary project, but if you need to know more, just post here.
Other than that, I'm open to anything- any length, any quality, any content rating (!), any kind of game at all. It's all up to you. ^^ I'd love it if anyone would be kind enough to make it for me. Since putting it on a disc won't take very long, I'll need it by the day before Valentine's Day- February 13.
Of course, if you can't finish it in time, I'll take it later anyway. ^_~
If you need me to supply art or a script, I can do my best to supply that, though I'm not the best at either. ^^; Thank you so much to anyone who considers this. <3[/url]

kmsgameboy
Regular

#2 Post by kmsgameboy »

I would be more than happy to suply artwork, scripts, and backgrounds to be used in a game for you two love birds. Dont have the time to mess with preograming anymore though. Have you tried Ren'Py??? Its pretty simple. You should give it a shot. If you would enter my work into the program I think we would be set.
"In this world, there are many like me who have killed their emotions. Don't forget that."
-Shadow FFVI
Please drop by my website! ^_^

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#3 Post by PyTom »

If given a complete script and the various other things necessary to make a game, I would have no problem doing the conversion to Ren'Py. It might be better, though, if you wrote the script in simple Ren'Py, and I simply supplied the various customizations and declarations.

So, what genre will the game be. My vote is for harem comedy. :-P
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Shadow

#4 Post by Shadow »

o: Yay! Perhaps the two of you could collaborate? (I'm going to work on my own project for it, so I don't know if I'd have time to do it- although RenPy is *really* excellent, by the way. <3)
Harem comedy? xD Well, genre's up to you.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#5 Post by PyTom »

Well, I'm not sure if what I'd be doing can be properly called collaboration. I'd just be providing some simple Ren'Py to complete the game. (Which would need to be otherwise fully done.)

I don't want to get stuck doing things like deciding which picture goes where... that's the job of the scriptwriter, in this business.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

kmsgameboy
Regular

#6 Post by kmsgameboy »

Well I think a nice short romantic comedy would be good. I could make up some simple sprites like the one in my avitar (thats a lot faster than drawing and then adding CG color) and then I can set up some backgrounds and the script. It may be best to keep it super simple though. This will be my first Ren game and this being the Christmas season I am ultra straped for time. (Im sure you guys are too) I will check out your web site later to get the character IDs down...that is if this all sounds good to you guys.

God bless. :wink:
"In this world, there are many like me who have killed their emotions. Don't forget that."
-Shadow FFVI

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#7 Post by rioka »

lol A harem comedy - oh the possibilities.... :twisted: Too bad I have very little time for other projects. (An idea just popped into my head - cute, comedic, yet romantic at the same time... :D )

Good luck with the project you guys!

kmsgameboy
Regular

#8 Post by kmsgameboy »

Ok I think I have the plot down...but for now I got to run. Ill try to post more laters.
-Shadow FFVI

kmsgameboy
Regular

#9 Post by kmsgameboy »

Ok...here is my basic idea...and man is it going to be funny!!! Hope you guys like it!

EDIT: I put the game overview and cast of characters in a spoiler box just incase some want it to stay a suprise! :wink:
The Legend of
Shadow and Hai-chan

Written by: Jayson Ryan Davis
kmsgameboy@yahoo.com

Overview:

One day Shadow goes to visit her boyfriend Hai-chan to surprise him with a copy of the hottest new game “The Legend of Melda: Quest for a New Musical Gimmick”! Hai-chan is overcome with joy and totally ignoring the quickly growing lightning storm he inserts the game and starts to play. Minute by minute the sounds of thunder seem to grow nearer and nearer, but Hai-chan is so excited he doesn’t even hear Shadows warnings to turn off the game. Suddenly, lightning strikes the house! The whole room floods with light as more than a billion volts of electricity surge through the home...and just as quickly, the room is pitch black. Upon opening their eyes the couple notice something different. THEY ARE IN THE GAME! Now Hai-chan must venture through Hyrule in order to save Shadow and get back to the real world.

Cast of Characters:

Shadow Orenda: Herself /Melda

Haipazaru: Himself/Fairy Boy Link

Toad: Mystery Person in Castle

Ganon: Himself
Last edited by kmsgameboy on Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Shadow FFVI

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#10 Post by rioka »

Since its the "Legend of Melda", might as well go full circle and change all the others; Hyrule, Link, Ganon, and Toad (unless you intended it that way). Anyways, sounds promising so far. :thumbs up:

kmsgameboy
Regular

#11 Post by kmsgameboy »

Since its the "Legend of Melda", might as well go full circle and change all the others; Hyrule, Link, Ganon, and Toad (unless you intended it that way). Anyways, sounds promising so far. :thumbs up:
Yeah I did think about changing all the names and I may still do it, however, if I do I will lose some of the jokes I have planed. My main reason for changing "Zelda" to "Melda" is because "The Legend of Zelda" is intellectual property belonging to Nintendo, and even though I doubt they would care if I poked fun at their franchise...its always better safe than sorry. (Some people can be funny with that kinda stuff.) And who knows...it may be a spoof I choose to continue!

Anyway...I hope to finish the script tonight. Like I posted earlier. Its going to be a SHORT "game".
-Shadow FFVI

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#12 Post by rioka »

Cool! Hope it's done by X-mas. ;)

kmsgameboy
Regular

#13 Post by kmsgameboy »

Oh it should be...easily.
-Shadow FFVI

#14 Post by Guest »

OH EM EFF GEE
Kmsgameboy, I heart that.
<333

kmsgameboy
Regular

#15 Post by kmsgameboy »

OH EM EFF GEE
Kmsgameboy, I heart that.
<333
You heart what???
-Shadow FFVI