Tracking Game Progess

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Kuroneko
Regular
Completed: Eyes of a Dead Fish

Tracking Game Progess

#1 Post by Kuroneko »

Hello, I'm Jun, or kuroneko on forums, and I have a question.
I'm very much a newbie here and about VNs, although I've played quite a few of them.
I was thinking of creating a kinetic novel soon, and I was wondering...
Other than creating a WIP topic in the forum, I see that some people are using websites or blogs.
I was wondering if there was a recommendation for a blog site or a website I can post my progress in for private/public use.

I'm sorry if this section wasn't supposed to be for this topic, and again if it wasn't, please tell me where to ask these questions in the future.
Thank you for reading this far.

blakjak
Veteran

Re: Tracking Game Progess

#2 Post by blakjak »

There are many, http://wordpress.org/ is quite popular.

Kuroneko
Regular

#3 Post by Kuroneko »

Thank you so much blakjak, ^^ I will try that out.

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#4 Post by yummy »

Technically, maintaining a dev blog just means additional work because you have to post contents on it. So if you didn't even begin all the things necessary to create at least a 20k words scene, I'd suggest you refrain from using this way of "advertising" ^^
But after all, you can do whatever you want, blogs or websites are only used for more visibility (or to host contents that others won't see).
You might even do as Doom, create a portal and link to a blog to post irrelevant artsy stuff :p (gah don't kill me Doom dono)
To be honest, I only recycled my annoying self centered blog into a mix of random stuff and a "dev blog" so it's really up to yours.

If you still plan on creating a blog, you might want to try free blog platforms like wordpress, blogster, hatena... Well there are a ton of them and the only difference might be the files size you can upload. If you use a web hoster you are only limited by the kind of subscription you use.

Kuroneko
Regular

#5 Post by Kuroneko »

Hello Yummy,
I'm quite new to blogs as well so I thought I should check/ask about it a lot beforehand so I could start learning about it simultaneously to working on something I might be able to post in the future.

I also like to keep track of things without bothering the forum board too much, so I thought it might be good to have something somewhere for private use as well.
Your information was very useful and thank you so much for the reply. =)

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#6 Post by yummy »

Well don't worry about "bothering the forum board" since everyone is welcomed and you can ask all your questions you want, even if you think it looks ridiculous, because generally, we are not elitists or something, just artists, creators who share a liking to visual novel in general.

So don't hesitate to post your questions!

Kuroneko
Regular

#7 Post by Kuroneko »

Thank you.
^^
I don't think of anyone as a elitist here.

I admit though, I do get a bit shy when I'm in a new environment, which might go for a lot of people too other than me.
I'm very glad that you've taken the time to explain things to me around here. =)

It got a little off topic, but I would like to say from now I'm pretty sure that I'll have a lot more questions so this really helped me get to know what the community was like.