Work in Progress. Looking for a co-writer.

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
MilleFeuille

Work in Progress. Looking for a co-writer.

#1 Post by MilleFeuille »

Me and a friend, who both love Visual Novels, wanted to start our own. I came up with a good basic idea for the story, we got to work on creating characters quickly followed by a quick draft that detain a lot of potential for development (5800~ words). Now that we did put quite some time on this draft, I can currently sense my partner starting to get lazy about it. As this is only a simple draft, I fear for the times where we will need to type a complete scenario including lots of dialogues.

I've been redirected here from Fakku, so here I am, looking for a new cooperator in writing . Yes, co-writers: a Main Writer and an Assistant. Why? Because two opinions are way better than only one to create a solid story.

Who do I need between both of those roles? Sadly, it's the Main Writer. My English is quite poor at times (I am a French Canadian) let alone my redacting skills.

So, if anyone seriously motivated, who's comfortable writing in english, is interested in this project, please let me know by any means. If you are interested in writing for this VN but are curious about the plot itself, then again, contact me and I'll happily let you see the draft in production. If the story interests you in most parts, (yeah, at least most parts) there is no problem on changing points for elements on which we both agree. It IS a draft after all.

Arts and music are going to be needed later, far from now. I already have a Musician/Sound Tech, but if you are interested in offering your help with Arts or Programmings, I sure won't refuse any help even if it's early. It leaves us more time for preparations. Anyone who is interested, even for a simple feedback on the current draft, feel free to ask to see the draft in progress.

Thank you for your attention and I hope we can work together on this successful project soon.

okonomiyaki
Regular

Re: Work in Progress. Looking for a co-writer.

#2 Post by okonomiyaki »

What's the basis of the story?

MilleFeuille

#3 Post by MilleFeuille »

I don't really like resume like this because it can easily lead you on a not so exact idea of the story but whatever.
Roughly said, it's the story of an otaku getting friend with a delinquant who recently learned about his passion for anime. He then teachs him about the 2d world. It evolves into a love story later with either the student council president or the deliquants little sister. It could be refered as a drama.

NeumanProductions
Regular
Completed: Penpals
Projects: Raven Falls; Zero no Tsukaima: A Familiar's Dilemma (Lost in Production))
Organization: Justice Brothers

#4 Post by NeumanProductions »

This sounds interesting by my opinion. I'd possible be willing to take this task on with you. I've been looking for a larger project to work with people on and this could be a good start.
"Sometimes...when there's no one around...I only step on the darker ones..." ~Hanako (Katawa Shoujo by 4Leaf Studios)
You know, I sometimes still do that. :)
This Act 1 portion is what hooked me on VNs, so I like to promote them.
Anything I write I post here Deviant Art

MilleFeuille

#5 Post by MilleFeuille »

NeumanProductions wrote:This sounds interesting by my opinion. I'd possible be willing to take this task on with you. I've been looking for a larger project to work with people on and this could be a good start.
I have a pending offer already but i'd like to know if you are experienced VNs wise and also in writing. Please let me know, it would be even better if you had an example of your work or literal skills. Thanks for offering your help.

MilleFeuille

#6 Post by MilleFeuille »

I have found someone for the job, so thanks to everybody who offered their help and also to those who read the draft and gave me their opinions. I am happy that I came to ask here since it came in great help, I had lots of offers.

For those who would still like to help and take part to the project seriously, I can always try to figure you out a job but I can't guaranty it as I am also not exactly sure about what assistance we require. As of now, I'm supervising the project and inputing ideas to the story in work, I have two writers and a Sound Tech/ Musician. If you have any help to offer in another domain, feel free to propose yourself, I'll see what I can do. I can't refuse help for this long project.