Voice actors for older characters - tips appreciated

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Jo'ogn
Veteran
Projects: Kassiopeia [iVN]

Voice actors for older characters - tips appreciated

#1 Post by Jo'ogn »

Does anybody happen to know older ppl. in their 40+ who do volunteer voice acting? (With decent microphones though!) In the two places I know (VAA + VAC) I got only responses from Teenager or early twens.
Audio Plays: [original] The White Feathers Directive - [Star Wars] Through Flame and Shadow
Ren'Py: Kassiopeia [very interactive VN] work in progress - looking for proof reader english

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: Voice actors for older characters - tips appreciated

#2 Post by Aleema »

For an older man voice, I have a good friend called wpt1031 who can be found on the VAA forums, I think. It's been a while. Not sure I can help with an older woman voice, though. GOOD LUCK!

Jo'ogn
Veteran

#3 Post by Jo'ogn »

Thank you, very much Aleema. He auditioned - esp due to your recommendation... and we cast him ^_^b
Audio Plays: [original] The White Feathers Directive - [Star Wars] Through Flame and Shadow
Ren'Py: Kassiopeia [very interactive VN] work in progress - looking for proof reader english

Elenakiara
Veteran
Projects: (WIP) Caesar's Fate

#4 Post by Elenakiara »

Hehe, I'd ask my mom to audition, but she has a slight accent... xDD So I'm not sure if that could work out. Good luck with your search though!
Working on a visual novel : Caesar's Fate (GxB) : Follow me on Twitter or visit my Website for updates!

Jo'ogn
Veteran

#5 Post by Jo'ogn »

Don't know if you are serious, but it's not a 'spur of the moment' thing! I do look for serious voice actors. It's not easy to do, can be a lot of work and it needs a decent mic as well.

An accent could work, depending on what accent it is and what characters need to be cast.