Dragon Age

For the rest of your otaku life.
Chansel
Veteran
Projects: School's Out! -- A GxB or GxG VN/Dating Sim

Re: Dragon Age

#31 Post by Chansel »

Fenris as an LI gives me a girl boner ^^"
It's a good thing we get to play as Hawke now, otherwise I'd be forced to have my Warden cheat on Alistair (Maker forbid).
Man, I can't wait to see what voice actor they got for him. I hope it's a good/hot one, like the one for Sebastian.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygbCo7p7kBM <- short Sebastian clip where you hear his voice *drools*

I'm definitely eagerly awaiting DA2.
Image ~ A GxB or GxG Visual Novel/Dating Sim

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#32 Post by sayuri »

Hmmm, am I the only one not happy with how these character models look? Their skin texture seems just a tad off. Not to mention the florescent eyes. Oh well, I guess it just takes getting used to. I'm still happier than a pigeon in an old folks home. Which is like... lots.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#33 Post by Aleema »

I agree about the skin, it's a bit plastic right now. But they've probably polished (or will polish) the models since the pics were taken, adding detail to the skin, like winkles, blemishes, etc ...

Chansel
Veteran

#34 Post by Chansel »

Bioware recently released their second Dev Diary :)
For those of you who are as obsessed interested as I am with the game, here's the link: http://asia.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/unnamed ... ot;thumb;1#|

Also, I think I've spotted what will be our party!
It's a drawing in a book (in the game, mind you. Nor a real life book), and I'm quite sure I recognize Aveline, Fenris, Isabella and Varric. Soo, I'm guessing the other two are party members too :)
The 'unknown' girl is shown in the Dev Diary, I think. She's a petite looking elf, so I'm guessing she's to be our rouge? Don't think I've seen the guy... But that could just be me :P
Either way, it's a pretty cool looking party if you ask me.
It's around 0:32 of the 2nd Dev Diary, in case you want a better look.

Dear God Maker, I'm so looking forward to this game!

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#35 Post by Aleema »

Lol, what do you mean "our rouge" there's like 4 rouges already. xD Glad to see the guys are getting something they want. The cry for "bangable elf girl" was going around. Whether or not she's Merril like everyone is saying is another thing.

And .... Looks like the next recruit is a male mage. *___*
Well. I mean. The mage is overdue, so I'm assuming he is. Also assuming he's an LI (since they need a vanilla human). Here's to hoping he's NOT Anders -- I love Anders, but I'd love a new character more.

AH damnit. Just watched the diary and the elf girl is the mage. >=[
There's usually 2 mages, right? =P

Sidenote, the elf is called the "virginal girl next door." Isn't that always the case? I thought Isabella was the breaking ground. :)

And there's also a better look at Carver that isn't HERP DERP.
Last edited by Aleema on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flick

#36 Post by Flick »

Is it bad that -- with the possible exception of the female Hawke -- I find my "sister" to be more attractive than any of the women shown in the game thus far? :shock:

...seriously though, I'm not so much concerned about the characters' looks as I am about Bioware providing a meaningful romance. I never played as a female character in the original DA, so I don't know what the Alistair or Zevran romance paths are like, but Morrigan's romance was actually pretty touching, mostly due to her character development (plus a few spoilery-y plot points she was involved with). Leliana's romance, on the other hand, was... well, kind of bland. I mean, she did develop as a character over the course of that relationship, but it wasn't as big of a change and didn't seem as meaningful, and it certainly didn't end with a major plot point that would fully develop nine months later. >_> In any case, I just hope that the romances this time around are more touching and deep.

Anywhoooo... on a totally unrelated note, the whole "the world changes with your character over the course of 10 years" reminds me an awful lot of Fable 2. Though I suspect Bioware will try something much, much more drastic. Definitely looking forward to that. :mrgreen:

[/two cents]

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#37 Post by sayuri »

@Flick

Leliana is much better as a lesbian. I thought she was boring as a male, but as a female she kinda grew on me. Or maybe it's just that 'ooooooh forbidden romance squee' factor for me, I dunno XD. Also, I would recommend playing the Leliana's Song DLC. I wish she was more like that in the regular game >_>.

@Aleema

I have a theory that Bethany and Carver will die/leave party in some plot-y way. I mean, when do siblings survive in stories like these? At least one or two have to die for emotional drama. My point being I think the man at the bottom of the picture will be our second mage. So... a third romance option? /shot for desperation

Dammit I don't want another Alistair scenario where I'm distracted by one LI's hotness. Fenris needs some competition...

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#38 Post by Aleema »

Well, Dragon Age certainly doesn't have a good track record with keeping your initial party members alive. I wouldn't doubt it.
All the other warden candidates from the first game and the warrior girl from Awakenings died after your first mission with them, not to mention the story-only people they slaughter for effect.
I definitely think it's a male mage ... and because of my Vanilla theory, I believe he might be romancable.
Just from what I know, Gaider is writing Fenris. He has not been revealed to write anyone else, and we know he is capable of writing 2 characters for the game and they trust him with the LIs. (Last game he wrote Alistair and Zevran -- both LIs) I'm also 99.999% sure he wrote Anders since him and Alistair are basically long lost twins, WHICH is who every is speculating is the mage. (I'm still crossing my fingers they're wrong ... despite being right about Merril.) So, yeah. Romancable male mage that's probably going to be Anders no matter how inappropriate he is in this game. =\ (god I just want any other male mage plzzzz)

I also speculate that one of the reasons they're not confirming Fenris as an LI (despite Gaider writing him being the confirmation) because they don't want to upset Varric fans. Don't want them cancelling their preorders blah blah! But I'm pretty sure the guys are getting Isabella and Merril (two chars from previous games ugggh make up new ones already!) and the girls are getting Fenris and "Anders" (ugggh only one new char WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?)

Flick

#39 Post by Flick »

sayuri wrote:Leliana is much better as a lesbian. I thought she was boring as a male, but as a female she kinda grew on me. Or maybe it's just that 'ooooooh forbidden romance squee' factor for me, I dunno XD. Also, I would recommend playing the Leliana's Song DLC. I wish she was more like that in the regular game >_>.
Really? I might try playing a female character then, if I ever get enough free time (which is sadly a very big "if" T_T).

And lol, I had the exact same thought when I played the DLC! :lol:
Aleema wrote:Romancable male mage that's probably going to be Anders no matter how inappropriate he is in this game. =\ (god I just want any other male mage plzzzz)
What about Finn from Witch Hunt? :mrgreen:

...hopefully he doesn't make any bathroom jokes this time around though. >_>

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#40 Post by Aleema »

OMG FINN! I would totally LOVE him in the game! I'd pay extra money for him to be in the game! I played Witch Hunt last week for the first time, and I was "now THIS is a guy I want to explore more!" Anders is not on that list for me (he's a little shallow in the personality department).

My only hope is that Gaider is recently on record saying that Alistair was his novelty "woobie" romance and won't be doing another one soon. To me, Anders is a huuuuge woobie. A guy with pet kitten in game? Woobie.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#41 Post by LVUER »

I think I'm going to buy this one... since I'm (perhaps) going to buy a PS3. Along with Mass Effect 2 and Deep Space 2 (is DS2 already launched yet?).

I want to buy the PC version... but that's more like a dream since I bought my PC at 2001 -_- (and don't have any money to buy high performance gaming PC).
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#42 Post by papillon »

I wrote some posts about why I felt the Leliana romance was lacking, it's spoilery but if you've played the game look here. Summary: Of all the love interests in the game, she has the least connection to the plot; you can play the entire game without even MEETING her, and her backstory is ONLY of interest when you're paying attention to her. There were places she could have been made relevant, I've read some awesome fanfic involving bards and behind-the-scenes politicking, but it didn't happen.

Using a mod, I played Morrigan's romance as a lesbian mage (who obviously had super magical powers considering the ritual) which puts her commentary about men in an entirely different light.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#43 Post by Riviera »

I have to kinda agree with you. In my opinion, romancing Leliana fleshes out the world, romancing Morrigan fleshes out the story. In a lot of ways this can also be applied to the boys. Romancing Zevran fleshes out the world, romancing Alistair fleshes out the story.

Maybe that's why they did it the way they did? I'm honestly not sure. Zevran and Leliana seem there more to add a feeling that "there is more to the world than Fereldan" while Morrigan and Alistair are pretty big players in the main story. Maybe that's why you can miss picking up Zev and Lel and not Morry or Al?
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#44 Post by Aleema »

There was a new DA2 preview video put out yesterday. Fenris apparently glows in battle, because all girls love sparkly vampires elves.

Also. The last companion has been basically confirmed to be Anders. I am disappoint.
At least he looks badass, and they are trying to still give him some intrigue. My biggest complaint with him being in the game is that there's very little to learn of him, so even less of an intrigue if he was an LI. And Gaider said he wasn't writing anymore woobie romances! ANDERS HAS A PET KITTEN CALLED SER-POUNCE-A-LOT. Anyway, it looks like (and is being hinted at) that Anders is under the influence of a demon.
Last edited by Aleema on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chansel
Veteran

#45 Post by Chansel »

You... should’ve really put the last companion into spoilers T^T
Or at the very least give some heads up like, ‘spoilers ahead! warning warning!’

Because I, for instance, have been purposely avoiding the Bioware forums to NOT be spoiled about the final companion so that I’d have at least 1 surprise (as a lot of people I know have). And now I read it here, completely caught off guard >.<”
So, yeah. Thanks for that.
Can’t say I’m really disappointed about him being the final companion though. Although I must admit, I didn’t see it coming. Sure, there was a lot of speculations going around about him being the final companion. But I always figured it was just wishful thinking from the fans of something. Must say I rather liked him, so I’m rather glad to see him again.

In Awakenings I even had the bug where his status said he was ‘in love’ with me XD I’d like the opportunity to try again ;)
Edit:
Do you think the ‘demon’ could maybe be Justice? I always wondered what exactly happened to him. But then again, having a spirit inside him may be a little too similar to Wynne. That would explain why he’s still alive if he died during Awekening. Hmm.. Intriguing enough for me!
But I’m easily pleased :P