[Added Majin Encyclopedia entry!] Papa Pirate, Baby Bandit.

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Working on ミツマタ [Mitsumata (c)].

[Added Majin Encyclopedia entry!] Papa Pirate, Baby Bandit.

#1 Post by kinougames »

After 3.5 months of hard, hard work, KinouGames has finally gotten enough of this game complete to put an official release notice here on lemma.

Papa Pirate, Baby Bandit is a raising sim a la Princess Maker style that follows the (many) tale(s) of the hero, Adela, as she's raised in the ultimate bachelor pad by two guys who don't have the slightest clue what they're doing.

Help the bandits Shink and Kiel raise Adela to a successful Majin adulthood, which, unfortunately for you, lasts 100 human years.

Features:
--Hundreds of pieces of beautiful high-res artwork.
--A completely original soundtrack and sound effects.
--An RPG like adventure section with large maps and an action-based 'banditing" minigame.
--Several choices to make, several random and semi-random events, and tons of ending combinations!
--Vivid sprite animations.
--Detailed, unique, well-developed characters.
--A carefully entwined and balanced stat system, as well as a full item and monster list.
--Scripts in two languages, Japanese and English, including GUI.
--Voice acting in two languages, including PROFESSIONAL Japanese voice actors.
--Availability on Windows, Mac and Linux.

The release date is not exact as of now, but currently set for May 2011. :) It WILL be commercial, but certainly within the generally accepted price range here on lemma.

So, finally, for the potential players of this game, I've brought what people usually like most about these sims...your possible marrying partners!

There are nearly 20 people you can marry in this game, and I am just putting the "main" characters here. :)

Meet Adela! (In the Japanese version, her name is Sanae.)
Adelahead.png
Adelahead.png (94.24 KiB) Viewed 8009 times
Race: Majin
Species: Unknown
The young Majin girl that your player characters find and...decide to keep hanging around a while. While her specific species is unknown, but it's fairly obvious that she's from one of the rare smarter lines of Majin. She's the main character, and who you get to pair up. Her personality tilts based on your decisions in game!

Meet Cassiel!
CassHead.png
CassHead.png (64.2 KiB) Viewed 8009 times
Species: Rekkatsukai (Flame User)
A touchy-but-handsome young man who seems to dislike anything that exists. He is a former soldier in the recently passed war between Majin and Humans, and still has a lot of hatred from that. He doesn't like people. He doesn't like cities. But above all, he doesn't like you.

Meet Hector!
Harutohead.png
Harutohead.png (82.24 KiB) Viewed 8009 times
Species: Hyoutsukai (Ice User)
The slender, smiley cutey who works at the castle. His job seems to be the gardener, as every time you meet him, he's in the garden tending to the flowers. They are, in fact, his favorite thing. He's extremely kind, and extremely gentle, and he seems extremely interested in our young lady.

Meet Persephone!
Persephonehead.png
Persephonehead.png (98.98 KiB) Viewed 8009 times
Age: Older than probably every other character put together.
Species: Siren
The regal Siren Queen who has ruled over her territory for as long as anyone can remember. She's been through many ages, many wars, many experiences and is as wise as she appears. As a queen, she has a lot of duties, such as protecting her people, ensuring the continuing of her race, and in general, taking care of politics with fellow nations. As a Siren, she's rather guarded against the male sex, but as queen, for public relations, she's tolerant. She loves beauty...especially beautiful girls.

Meet Samael!
sammyhead.png
sammyhead.png (80.51 KiB) Viewed 8009 times
Species: Youko
A naughty youko with a devious eye and a mind for mischief. He's a murderer, a thief, a philanderer and a con man and he's completely unrepentant and open about it. He's a charmer, for sure, and often uses his way too adorable fox form to lure his prey.
fox chibifinalsm.png
Enjoy! We love making affiliations and linking up with other groups!
Last edited by kinougames on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:33 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Check out the new interactive media project, Mitsumata(c). Follow 8 colorful characters in a story full of drama, horror, all sexualities and exciting gameplay~!

Development blog's up! Visit!

Arithra
Regular
Completed: Finding a prom date

Re: [WIP] Papa Pirate, Baby Bandit by KinouGames.

#2 Post by Arithra »

Wow, that game sounds like a lot of work!
I loved the princess maker game, so I'm really looking forward to your project. commercial or not it will be mine! ;)

Your art and interface looks very good, only the cristals in the character window are a little distracting since they are so big and bright!
Please visit my projects Perios- Chained Sorceress
and Final Banquet now with demo!

And my blog for more updates!

Aozora210
Regular
Projects: Ruins and Heaven

#3 Post by Aozora210 »

This seems awesome, but since it will be commercial, I think I'll just scratch my table and cry now *exaggerating*
Everything seems very smooth, and you are no kidding when you say that you have a beautiful art there. Looking at the crystals already make my eyes as shiny as them.

Will there be demo?
Current Project
Ruins and Heaven

Chansel
Veteran
Projects: School's Out! -- A GxB or GxG VN/Dating Sim

#4 Post by Chansel »

That looks absolutely epic!
I’ve always lamented the lack of an English princess maker, so this game is like a gift from heaven =D I’m definitely interested in this!
Two short questions:
1. What price are you thinking of?
2. Will it be possible to play the game in English with Japanese voices? Because I’ve gotten used to the Japanese voice-acting, but I can’t read it for the life of me ^^”
Image ~ A GxB or GxG Visual Novel/Dating Sim

chensterrain
Veteran
Completed: Lucky Rabbit Reflex!, Dusk ~A Moonlight Romance~
Projects: Edge of Elsewhere
Organization: Super63
Tumblr: supersixthree
Deviantart: chensterrain

#5 Post by chensterrain »

I've been looking forward to this for ages, so it's awesome that you've put an official topic up! I'm a huge Princess Maker fan, and the screenshots look gorgeous, so yeah. Can't wait for the release! :)

I'm interested in the price range too, hoho~ :B

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by kinougames »

@Arithra
The "glowing" crystals are a hover-over feature. I put them in to show the difference between what they normally look like and what happens when you scroll over them. :)

The game is quite a ridiculous amount of work, but we're getting out something like 5+ completed art pieces a week, and that's just for the high res character work, in addition to the other work we're getting out alongside that, so I think we're moving pretty darn fast.

@Aozora210
Thanks for the sweet comments. :) Hopefully it's affordable for you!

@Chansel
Thanks! There is an English version of PM2, but they cut out voices and didn't redo it for the refine version, sadly enough. Hopefully this will sate the English speaking fans. :)

Again, the price range we're considering is smack dab in the middle of your average fare for commercial games here on lemma, but I don't want to say a number and have it change later, which is why we're going to keep the exact price under our hats a little bit longer. :)

You can absolutely have text in English and listen to the Japanese voices, as well as have the text in Japanese and listen to English voices.

@chensterrain
Sorry to keep you waiting! We just didn't want to post too much before a lot of things were assured, and now they are, so hopefully the remaining quarter of this ride will go smoothly! And, hopefully we'll see your game coming up sometime this year, too :P
Check out the new interactive media project, Mitsumata(c). Follow 8 colorful characters in a story full of drama, horror, all sexualities and exciting gameplay~!

Verity
Regular
Projects: Wanderer

#7 Post by Verity »

I... I'm kind of in love with your GUI. >_> This looks like a really cool project! I'll definitely be looking for it to be released.

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by kinougames »

Our UI artist turned out to be an absolute miracle worker. :) This was the third GUI for this game; one didn't make it too far off the ground, and the other was pretty much completed and just didn't mesh. For the person who did this one, I ended up just saying "nature" and telling her how many slots we needed in it and it came out beautifully. :)

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#9 Post by Morhighan »

Total approval! (But you already knew that.)
Can't wait, you have my support. (Already stashing money away for it...)

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by kinougames »

:) Thanks as always, Mor.

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: [WIP] Papa Pirate, Baby Bandit. (Potential GxB, GxG.)

#11 Post by kinougames »

Small list of things we're editing at the moment:
---Color of layout and buttons.
---Finishing up vocal recording in both languages.
---Finishing up the rest of the items.
---Finishing up any remaining tiles to complete the tilesets.

dstarsboy
Veteran

#12 Post by dstarsboy »

Great looking game so far, keep up the good work.
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by kinougames »

Thanks so much!

Mini-update of what we're working on/have finished!
--Finished editing of Japanese script (for the gazillionth time)
--Finishing up last few tiles to complete our tilesets.
--Finished all but one game headshot!
--Finished a chunk of CGs! Only 20 left.
--Finished a chunk of sprites.
--Working on remaining items.
--Working on tweaking colors in the game overall.
--Testing system balance.
--Building the adventure map!

IanaBri
Regular

#14 Post by IanaBri »

Oooohhh Yaaayy. I really enjoyed Princess Maker 2... Now there will be another game similar to it!

I like the concept! I am now excited!
Last edited by IanaBri on Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by kinougames »

Princess Maker 2 in particular was the major inspiration for this game over the other games. A lot of people seem to have preferred that game due to the heavy mathematical side, and we tried to emulate that in this game. :)